• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace Race Prize

Here is the reply from Discraft:

Hi,

Sorry to hear you were a bit underwhelmed by the prize. I suppose you might have felt a little better if the TD had followed the rules and *not* broken up the prize pack, since ties are supposed to be played off by CTP to ensure the grand prize goes to only one player.

As far as Pro D, this is considered premium when it comes to putters, since the vast majority of all putters we sell are in this plastic and most players prefer it for better grip on their putters. And for the number of putters you received, each prize pack can be slightly different, but since the idea is that the prize is a complete bag, we always include at least two putters. I suppose that, if you're feeling putter-heavy, you could always sell two of them and get your entry fee back! ;-)

Hope we'll see you at another Ace Race in the future, and thanks for coming out to help make 2009 the event's biggest year ever.

Brian Sullivan

yea.the TD shouldn't have let the other guys grab all the drivers...you each should have gotten a driver and putter if that was the case...

I didn't realize I got screwed so bad until I got home. It was raining bad in Philadelphia all day, it was already dark out, and I was looking to get home quickly. I emailed discraft back, but did not get a response

Not suprised

I have run 4 different ace races. Beginning with the Meteor, then the impact, then the nebula, and now the focus. It is very regrettable that the TD did not follow the rules of running an Ace Race....The rules are simple...WINNER TAKE ALL....I always purchased a misprint package to split up between the 2,3,4 and sometimes 5 spots. However, what is even more unfortunate is that discraft is unfriendly and uncaring of their customers. When I stated in 2005 only 2 players in my area threw discraft and I promoted them like crazy. Now at least 80 percent of our group has at least one discraft disc in their bag. Due directly to relentless promotion on my part. Every time I have contacted them they have been much less than friendly and mostly down right rude. Since this last ace race I have not and will not purchase another discraft disc.Nor will I promote their discs or run any events where they will be the main sponsor. I converted most of my bag to innova and will plan to keep it that way until they pull their heads out of their @sses. I really like a lot of their players. Brad Shick,Tyler Horn, and the few others I've met are all very great players and really nice people as well. I can't believe companies who provide rude, uncaring, and overall minimal services to their retailers and consumers can do so well.

I have had exactly the opposite response from them.

Maybe people try to bend them over constantly over the ace race and that is why they are so hostile about it? I mean 2 discs (even 8 dollar crap), a hat ($10), and a mini ($3) already is over the cost of the entry and players pack.

Not justifying it but they probably get so many people bitching that they don't take it seriously.

I have run 4 different ace races. Beginning with the Meteor, then the impact, then the nebula, and now the focus. It is very regrettable that the TD did not follow the rules of running an Ace Race....The rules are simple...WINNER TAKE ALL....I always purchased a misprint package to split up between the 2,3,4 and sometimes 5 spots. However, what is even more unfortunate is that discraft is unfriendly and uncaring of their customers. When I stated in 2005 only 2 players in my area threw discraft and I promoted them like crazy. Now at least 80 percent of our group has at least one discraft disc in their bag. Due directly to relentless promotion on my part. Every time I have contacted them they have been much less than friendly and mostly down right rude. Since this last ace race I have not and will not purchase another discraft disc.Nor will I promote their discs or run any events where they will be the main sponsor. I converted most of my bag to innova and will plan to keep it that way until they pull their heads out of their @sses. I really like a lot of their players. Brad Shick,Tyler Horn, and the few others I've met are all very great players and really nice people as well. I can't believe companies who provide rude, uncaring, and overall minimal services to their retailers and consumers can do so well.
Really though when you think about it who was at fault not discraft!! The TD should be held accountable for this. I talked to the guy who ran the one here and he said it's one winner takes all no matter the skill level. I had a blast at the one here and I will definitely be at the one next year.

I ran an Ace Race as a TD this year.
The winner of the event recieved a Discraft bag and 10 discs (ESP, FLX, Z, X and Pro-D), just like Discraft sent them to me.
I went out and got sponsorships for the 2nd prize ($50) and 3rd prize ($30) and gave away some discs for CTP prizes. All this is encouraged by Discraft.
One thing DISCRAFT IS VERY CLEAR ABOUT is ONE GRAND PRIZE and WINNER TAKES ALL.
If you got four discs and a bag, the TD is the one to complain to, not Discraft. I have talked to Brian Sullivan several times on the phone and via e-mail, and he has always been helpful and polite and professional. I talked to him about an issue with the supplier and it got fixed.
You have a legitimate complaint, but you are pissing on the wrong fire hydrant.

I don't know who you contacted, but I had very unsatisfactory dealings with Sportdiscs.com, the Ace Race supplier. I contacted Brian Sullivan, and everything was resolved.
As I said above, I have always been pleased with my correspondence with Brian, but not with Sportdisc.com. I don't know what the relationship is, but I politely let Brian know what I thought of their supplier.