• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aces 2011

Two firsts happened for me today. I posted on DGR for the first time in the "New to the Board?" thread, aaaannnd....

First ever ace! Been playing about 6 months.

#9 at Chamblee Church from the whites after work. Hole is about 197 downhill, and the pin is out of view with a stream to the right. Hung the Aviar P&A out over the creek and faded it in. Was playing with a friend and two guys were just finishing up #6 below us, so my friend and I heard chains and the two guys below us started howling. Got 3 signatures.

Lesson learned:

I should have posted here months ago...

I know this doesn't technically count but to cap off a terrible round today I finished #18 the right way- with my first black ace :(

Welcome and congratulations hegemony! Yes you should have posted earlier :) But six months is way too short to get an ace you lucky dog!

Hole 1 at the Running Water Draw Course. My Z Comet just faded right into the basket for the one.

Got my third ace today on #16 at Kentwood. Nice and high 209' hyzer shot with a Soft Ion. This makes all 3 of my aces at the same course with all 3 baskets within probably 400 feet of each other (#7, #17, #16).

Got my first ace today! Hole# 10a at McCulloch Park. 210' shot uphill with low ceiling between 2 trees guarding the basket. Got it with my workhorse Star Aviar.

First ever ace yesterday! And my very first throw (no warm ups) to boot!!
And I first hit metal on the drive in another century, so the near misses have piled up for a while.....

4yr old Timberwolf, took the blue line a bit high and wide on a very calm day, rode a bit of nose down past the main guard tree then turned down/in.

http://www.discgolfscene.com/courses/Arboretum-Spiker_Park/Hole_1

Amateur said:
Got my second ace today! Hole 15 at Moorman park in Quincy IL. 306 foot hole, uphill, turnover with the Beast, was thinking about starting to hyzer but was too busy going in the basket. I'm glad I broke the Ace seal this year!

Aced it again, this time with a hyzer flipped Orion LS. Lazer beam.

Oh, I aced #15 at Rosedale Down Under last Thursday. Stood up a Wizard off a slight hyzer on a lazer beam.

Got my first ace ever on hole 1 at Montiel Park this morning. Fuse went out a little more right than I wanted, but it started fading a little earlier than I expected from the flight and dropped in. I was showing my brother the basics of the game, teed off, and suddenly looked like a disc golf superstar when I am but a lowly Padawan.

Aced hole #4 at Lohmann Park, Urbana,IL, during my first round today. 205 ft uphill with a FLX Challenger in 10-20 mph wind. I drew metal on this same hole last time I was playing there. When I pulled out my Challenger today I looked at it and said "Please go in the basket for me today" and it stood up, glided on a laser, and smashed dead center. Your discs will do what you want if you're nice to them. :mrgreen:

Got a skip-ace on our local practice course. It's a nice 250 feet hole with OB right up till 15 feet before the basket.

Was on my way to a -7 on 9 holes, which also beat the old course record ( -5 ) by two strokes ! :D My first ace with people watching, the ace I had before was on a practice round when I was alone.

ps : no, it is not a pitch and put course. There are 4 hole over 400 feet and none shorter than 250. There is OB everywhere. I designed these holes to be as nasty as any tournament holes I can think of.

Got my 1st two aces this year both at parmalee, MI

#1. 4/30/11 178 ft, #7 used my 165g DX wraith skipped off a log that marked the pathway and bounced off 2 trees and landed in the basket
#2. 6/3/11 203 ft #6 used my 172g star FL skipped it right in the chain

We were playing a game $5 for an ace on some made up holes at a friends house. Hit a 260' downhill spike hyzer with an X Avenger. It is fun to force yourself to get the distance right with every disc in your bag.

Forgot to post I hit hole 18 at Redan ~275' on July 29th, longest ace to date and first flick ace.

Aced Hole #16 at Rendezvous Ranch at the Tara Peck Memorial Tournament this weekend. Was my first Ace in a tournament w00t!
Won the Ace pool as well.
300' with pine trees. QMS
:)

Aced hole #21 @ Delaveaga on 8/18. First ace at Dela (I've played here for two years) and my 8th ace.

Was my first bag tag round of the year, but I paid my $1 and cleaned out the $220 ace pool.

Gotten 5 aces this year:

Hole 5 Horace Park - 101ft - Ion
Hole 3 Woodlawn Park - 302ft - ESP Cyclone
Hole 5 Klaus Park - 202ft - Beat Roc
Hole 7 Horace Park - 150ft - JK Pro Avair
Hole 5 Horace Park Again - KC Pro Aviar

That makes a dozen total. Last 2 on the same day.

Latest posts