• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Orangevale CA Hole #7, 306ft tunnel shot in the short, Pro Destroyer Skip Ace.

Disc signed by the 4 Mutha Putters I was playing with/against.

Last Thursday. 08/28/08
Robbin's Island in Wilmar, MN.
Hole #3 - I estimated 250' uphill
172 DX Gazelle on a shallow hyzer

My second ace ever.

My wife was there to witness. Just that day she had legally changed her name (just married), so my gazelle was essentially the first thing she ever signed with her last name as Kruse

krusen said:
Last Thursday. 08/28/08

My second ace ever.

My wife was there to witness. Just that day she had legally changed her name (just married), so my gazelle was essentially the first thing she ever signed with her last name as Kruse

Happy honeymoon :-D Way to celebrate!

JR said:
krusen said:
Last Thursday. 08/28/08

My second ace ever.

Happy honeymoon :-D Way to celebrate!

We went to Hawaii for our honeymoon. Of course I had to track down a place to throw some disc while there. While the course was a work in progess, and not quite marked off as I would have liked, we did get a safari round in. Kapalua Resort in Maui.
So now I can add Hawaii as another state I have played DG in.
MN, IA, ND, SD, CO, CA, HI,

Got my 7th ace yesterday at my home course, the Firebird DGC in Coulter, Iowa. Sweeping hyzer on Hole #1 with the D Challenger I just got from ky chris. It was witnessed by my son who turns 5 in October. Punk wouldn't pay me the 5 bucks though!

I've aced 2x at Sedgley Woods in 2002. After a few years off from playing, I've been in a dry spell (duh). Since getting back into the game I've hit chain a few times, but it hasn't dropped in.

uNicedmeMan said:
4th ace, 3rd tourney ace

Maryland Monthly series at druid hill. I shoot -2 from the long tees to get onto the lead card for the final round. I s the bed and shoot an even from the shorts even carding a "1".

Anyway the hole is probably 275 straight up but with big pines on the right and open on the left. I throw an anny that starts into the pines too early, two trees later and im 129 richer (subtract 20 for the entry fee, and a dollar to enter the ace pot). Ended up taking fourth.....

Despite my finish my tourney play is really coming around.

Congrats Greg, that's whats up!

well i hit my first ace at the IDGC hole 16 on the WR Jackson course with a flat top roc 2 witnessed it and valierie jenkins and gregg hosfeld were on hole 17 and heard it val even gave me a dollar for the ace

story goes i throw and i hit the ace well val, gregg and two locals are walking up the hill on 17 and after explaining what happened val goes what did you throw and i said a roc and as i pull anouther roc out of my bag she goes o your left handed never mind

krazybronco said:
well i hit my first ace at the IDGC hole 16 on the WR Jackson course with a flat top roc 2 witnessed it and valierie jenkins and gregg hosfeld were on hole 17 and heard it val even gave me a dollar for the ace

story goes i throw and i hit the ace well val, gregg and two locals are walking up the hill on 17 and after explaining what happened val goes what did you throw and i said a roc and as i pull anouther roc out of my bag she goes o your left handed never mind

Funny story :)

JR said:
krazybronco said:

Funny story :)

i thought it was that is why i added it

Ace #3: Hole 2 @ Springlake Park - Texarkana, TX
Saturday, September 20, 2008 3:52pm
175 Flat-top Roc

The hole is only about 260', but from the tee you're looking at an OB fence on the left and several large trees / large holly bushes on the right. The basket is out-of-sight from the tee, tucked to the right inside a circle of bushes (directly behind a giant 6-7' tall holly bush). There's one tree on the right side of the fairway just off the tee that keeps you from throwing an easy hyzer over the bushes, and that tree's branches stick out to over the fairway, killing your shot if it's too high.

I usually throw a beat-up Roc straight, just over the largest holly bush and let it fade straight, landing on the green. This time I threw the same disc but put it out to the left and let it fade back to the right. I saw it pass just over the top-left corner of the bush, waited a second, then CHING!!!!

I think I was due for one...I've hit chains/basket about 7 times in the past week and a half. Our baskets at Springlake were hand-made by local prisoners :lol: and they barely catch good putts...so I'm just happy to see that one finally stuck!

1st- Hole 11 @ Plamann Park Appleton WI w/ a Z XL
2nd- Hole 14 @ Plamann Park Appleton WI w/ an elite X XS
3rd- Hole 14 @ Plamann Park Appleton WI w/ an elite X XS (2 weeks after ace #2, same hole & same disc).
4th- Hole 9 Pierce park Appleton WI w/ an ESP Force
5th- Hole 6 Pierce park Appleton WI w/ a Discraft Breeze.

My goal is to get one more this year, hopefully I can pull it off.

Got my first ace this afternoon. I was running late and missed doubles.

It was more of just a lucky shot than anything else, but it was cool because I had 2 witnesses, including my buddy that got me into disc golf this past winter. Got em both to sign it. Can't decide if I'm going to retire it or not.

Hurray for ''A'' pins 8)

Jsw said:
I had 2 witnesses, including my buddy that got me into disc golf this past winter. Got em both to sign it. Can't decide if I'm going to retire it or not.

That's a tough call. I continued to throw my first ace disc, and eventually lost it. I am still throwing my 2nd ace disc. From previous discussions on here, it seems like more people prefer to keep on throwing it because, hey, it was good enough to get one ace, you should keep it in the bag.

1st ACE yesterday !!!

played for aboot a year or so.... 8 yrs ago - mainly at bb owen.

but then..... children and knee surgery. and play time was over.

mesquite built some courses and i figgered why not try again.

so i been going out at least once a week for the past two months.

i knew i was due. sunday i hit the chains on hole 4 at bb owen.

saturday i hit the baskets on 11 and 14 at paschall.

and then yesterday i hit the basket on 14 again.

followed by an ACE on 15 !!!

WOO HOO !!!

is it customary in your neck of the woods to bust out the sharpie and sign the

basket after your first ACE? 2nd, 3rd, 4th?

It all depends on the course. I know one by me has names everywhere on posts and the one 5 miles away doesn't have a single name on a post as it is a cleaner, nicer course.

Congrats on the ace at Paschall! I played out there about a month ago and a guy in my group hit 15 too :)

I vote "no" on signing the basket...just because it's technically vandalism and just adds to the negative view many people (including parks and recreation employees) have of disc golfers.

As for retiring an ace, I retired my first one (soft KC Pro Roc) but have kept the other 2 in the bag. My first one was a big deal at the time, and a bunch of my non-DG friends were with me when it happened. I don't get to see any of those people anymore, so my fist ace disc with their signatures has a lot of sentimental value for me....that being said, it's still hard looking at a perfectly beaten KC Roc just sitting in my closet, not being thrown ;)

Yeah, the disc in question is a nicely seasoned 11x KC pro Teebird. So I would need to find something comparable to replace it since its my main driver.

Its a really ugly dark purple that is difficult to find so I might retire it, since its my first and all 8)