• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Who - Me

What - 160g SOLS, medium beat

When - today Sept. 27, about 6:30pm

Where - Circle R Ranch, Rolling Meadows Course, Hole 11, blue tee

Distance - 230'

How - short low hyzer line, slightly flipped. disc landed ~5ft in front of pin, skipped up and in. legitimate nice drive, then very short vertical skip.

Witnesses - the Don, Robo, Stevo, Joe, & Penny the Dog of San Marcos SMUDGE DG and Team Hill Country

Why - I dunno... I've never thrown a SOLS on that hole. short low flip sounded cool today. it looked good all the way for the deuce, but the skip looked so weird, and the ace.. comical ending. didn't see that coming at all.

Finally got my first ace! I've been playing for about a year and a half seriously now (played pretty much everyday over the summer :D ), and finally got it.

Course: Moraga Commons, CA

Hole: 4 (322 ft downhill, fairly open)

Disc: Millenium SOLF, 167

Basically skipped off the path at the bottom of the hill and hit center chains. Pretty exciting for me. I got the exact same shot a few weeks ago with a teebird that didn't stick in the basket, so I finally got my revenge on hole 4.
I was with the friends I always play with, and I got them to sign it. Not sure whether I should retire it or not, it's basically in its prime. I think I'll keep playing it, but sure would hate to lose my first ace disc :wink:

YAY!

Ace #2 at a private permanent course on a ranch in Red Lodge, MT. the course went back and forth across a valley with a stream running through it. aced the second hole with a 172g z pred. the hole was down hill and ~280ft.

1. 7/25/07 Hole 17 short Mackenzie Park Lubbock, Tx - short flick with a Monster (I was noob)
2. 3/15/08 Hole 6 Beaver course Cedar Hill, Tx - Huge flick(345ft i think) faded dead center into the chains
3. 6/16/08 Hole 6 long Mackenzie Park Lubbock, Tx - 389 ft flick skip with an echo Xcal.
4. 7/2/08 Hole 4 long Mackenzie Park Lubbock, Tx - Tomahawk hit the middle of the chains and somehow didn't bounce out
5. 7/17/08 Hole 15 short Mackenzie Park Lubbock, Tx - backhand wizard
6. 7/31/08 Hole 15 short Mackenzie Park Lubbock, Tx - exactly the same shot as above, but won $220! I let it go and screamed "Get in!"
7. 9/9/08 Hole 20 short Mackenzie Park Lubbock, Tx - Tried to skip a Teerex and got it to high but still nailed it in the air.

btw, 3,4,5,6 were all 2 weeks apart and the day before the moon changed. Freaky!

#6 in Tolland CT.

250 through a bunch of guardian trees.

Found the right alley with my first flight shockwave. Nothin but center chains, how you say... dead nuts?

#7 at Hansen Park 155 feet over the top of a small rise into a cone basket. Flat top Roc, heard it hit the cone, walked over the hill and saw the disc in the basket. My first ace in a while.

Just got my 6th (3rd this year) last week on #16 at Telulah Park (Appleton, WI) with my Chuck Norris Dyed TL (Don't mess with Chuck!).

Forgot to post 3 weeks ago, I got my 5th tournament ace, at Burnlaw (Northumberland, England) #11, 240 feet with a thumber.

Daft thing is, this is the first event I've had the confidence in the thumber to use it as anything other than a last resort escape shot! :D

Nearly had another tourney ace last weekend.

280'ish tee shot over a slight hill that needs to fade hard. Pulled my beat up z pred out with the intention of stalling a flat shot. Threw the shot just as I wanted and hit the top of the chain assembly. The coolest part was I was playing with the guys that run our monthlys (handle the payouts) they have already paid me for one tourney ace this year.

My new favorite thing when hitting an ace or metal basket or above is taxing people in "Metal Mania". It's most fun to do it quickly, as soon as the post near ace excitement goes down simply say, "metal mania?".

A guy in our group called it fifty one

2nd ACE last night.

#18 at Paschall Park. 225 straight and wide open and into a stiff wind.

hyzer all the way. hardly any chain ching. it came in from the right, hit the back left of the basket and sat down.

169 champ viking.

Bruce said:
Forgot to post 3 weeks ago, I got my 5th tournament ace, at Burnlaw (Northumberland, England) #11, 240 feet with a thumber.

Daft thing is, this is the first event I've had the confidence in the thumber to use it as anything other than a last resort escape shot! :D

The next Ville Piippo in the making? :)

I threw a spike hyzer with a star eagle on a 240 foot hole and it took the ugliest bounce/skip and it hopped into the basket. Some random old guy saw it and signed my disc. Good times.

Got my second ace in 8 years. I took a bit of the basket that shows the pad as well.

Here is the hole that I got the ace on. It was 349ft downhill. I was using a DX gazelle. You can see the sign at the pad on the upper left of the pic.
0810putt003.jpg

5 aces for me in 1 1/2 years playing

All at Freeman Park in Idaho Falls, ID

1. Hole #1. 160 feet with a 40' tall tree directly in front of the basket. FH and it faded in w/X2
2. Hole #4 200 feet over a stream, and all sort of trees in the basket line, down hill, 3 aces on this hole, two FH fade in's, one FH skip of the stream bank and right in.
3. Hole #5 275feet, FH low and hard, hit the basket and stayed in for a line drive ace.

No BH ace yet, I was exclusively a FH player until this year and my BH is finally coming along. I had my first 450' BH drive this week which really made me happy. Hopefully a BH ace is coming soon!

Glen Hilton today! 235 feet with a sweeping right hand turn through two big trees at the end. Tossed a Champ Sidewinder forehand, disc came in low and skipped up into the basket.

:D