• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

Fritz said:
1st Ace: Johnny Roberts Tournament 2006 - Contest to get an Ace wins a basket 1$ a shot took me 3 shots :) Won a nice basket and the money helped a Junior from Colorado go to Am Worlds. Approx: 200ft - QMS
2nd Ace: Hole #9 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 252ft - QMS
3rd Ace: Hole #3 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 230ft - DX Roc *Ace cracked the disc
4th Ace: Hole #4 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 192ft - Wizard
5th Ace: Hole #5 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 255ft - Star BB Aviar
6th Ace: Hole #3 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 230ft - Star Stingray
7th Ace: Hole #4 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 192ft - DX Raven
8th Ace: Hole #9 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 252ft - Star BB Aviar *Skip Ace
9th Ace: Hole #9 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx 255ft - Z Predator on a sick ass Hyzer line around trees. Threw it to see if I could make it around and I did right into the basket. That was the loudest ace I've ever heard.

I play Westlake everyday I can at lunch, it's 2 blocks from my work w00t :)

**EDIT** Got my 9th Ace today at lunch had to edit here and put it in.

youve been on quite the ace hunt. johnny was less than 6 months ago wasnt it?

Only had 2
Both of them at Grand Woods, in Grand Ledge MI.

4/18/94 Hole #2, 225ft almost perfectly straight low ceiling with OB on both sides. 175g DX Valk. $60 for hitting the ace pool.

7/1/05 Hole #15, 300ft, huge bush 50ft in front , completely blind hole. Friend told me to throw his Blowfly (no idea the weight) threw it sidearm up over the bush and heard chains. The guy that was watching the hole for us ( we have a problem with people taking our discs on that hole) said it came down hit off a branch and dropped right in. The owner of the Blowfly told me to keep the disc. lol

Thatdirtykid said:
Fritz said:
1st Ace: Johnny Roberts Tournament 2006 - Contest to get an Ace wins a basket 1$ a shot took me 3 shots :) Won a nice basket and the money helped a Junior from Colorado go to Am Worlds. Approx: 200ft - QMS
2nd Ace: Hole #9 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 252ft - QMS
3rd Ace: Hole #3 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 230ft - DX Roc *Ace cracked the disc
4th Ace: Hole #4 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 192ft - Wizard
5th Ace: Hole #5 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 255ft - Star BB Aviar
6th Ace: Hole #3 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 230ft - Star Stingray
7th Ace: Hole #4 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 192ft - DX Raven
8th Ace: Hole #9 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx: 252ft - Star BB Aviar *Skip Ace
9th Ace: Hole #5 Westlake Disc Park Grand Junction Approx 255ft - Z Predator on a sick ass Hyzer line around trees. Threw it to see if I could make it around and I did right into the basket. That was the loudest ace I've ever heard.

I play Westlake everyday I can at lunch, it's 2 blocks from my work w00t :)

**EDIT** Got my 9th Ace today at lunch had to edit here and put it in.

youve been on quite the ace hunt. johnny was less than 6 months ago wasnt it?

Yes :) End of October.
I play 6 days a week. I've really discovered a bunch about my midranges and things I can do with my midranges I never thought I could do. Not to mention I'm learning to control my drivers a lot more. I set a co-record last week at Montrose for a course record. I think it had to do with the fact I was able to play the tight shots I never thought I could play before.

First Ace:
Ludington Pumped Storage Park - "Beauty #10" 155 feet - D Buzzz hyzer straight in to basket. I aced the same hole about a month after that by ricocheting off of a tree about 30 feet behind and to the right of the basket.

Third Ace:
I have the honor of being the first person to ace hole 15 from the am tees. It's about 160 feet, uphill and turns to the right pretty tightly with very thick foliage. I threw a Z Breeze straight in.

i am yet to log my ace, but a guy from my league just hit his first ace. he has pdga# 500 something and has been playing forever and never hit an ace.

last week in league play he finally hit one and got paid out for it too. a great moment for him, imagine playing thirty something years and finally hitting your first ace? pretty excited doesnt do it justice.

i am yet to log my ace, but a guy from my league just hit his first ace. he has pdga# 500 something and has been playing forever and never hit an ace.

last week in league play he finally hit one and got paid out for it too. a great moment for him, imagine playing thirty something years and finally hitting your first ace? pretty excited doesnt do it justice.

Just got my first earlier today

Highland Park #3 The hole is down a steep hill and off to the right behind a thicket of trees. Champ Banshee

A guy in our club hit his first ace during doubles today. Around 220' (I think) slightly uphill (maybe 3-4' elevation) tree tunnel. He thumbed a valk and skip aced it! sweet. And to top it off he wins 100$ for it. I won 9$ for my first ace :lol:

w/ nice aces i have yet to get cash for em. I have gotten 5$ here and there on the 5-1 standard. but I have gotten more $ for metal hits that way. . . and have paid out 10$ for a black ace. . .

I only have one ace but a bunch of metals and close calls.
Hole 4(New layout) Wagner park, Royal Oak Michigan. Blind 225 downhill hyzer shot. I actually hyzerflipped a Glide because I was just learning them and the disc stabled out (3 way motion) and I heard it hit, then had to verify. No aces yet in league or tournament play. :cry:

Backhand dominant Player- Started playing 4/05

Aces at the Farm
6/11/05 #5 Forehand Air-am tee- Ch. Teebird

Aces at CASS BENTON!!
11-5-05 # 11 Forehand Air - Z-XL
7-9-06 #17 Backhand Air-am tee- FR Z-Buzzz after 3-4 chain outs
10-14-06 #15 Backhand skip- FR esp Torque
10-30-06 #13 Backhand Air-FR esp Torque
11-4-06 #13 Backhand Air- FR esp Torque ^^back to back rounds^^

Aces at Hudson Mills
3-24-07 #8 Monster yellow tee's- Backhand Air- 2nd FR Z-Buzzz

I got an ace yesterday on #22 on the West course at Tx states. It was a 376 spike that stuck in the side for a measly $860. :lol:

Got my first hole in one of the year yesterday; not too long of a shot (220 blind maybe) but a big spike over and around trees to the left, and had to throw it into a headwind; the wind just stopped the disc; pushed it up in the air, and the overstability carried it to the basket. I heard it hit the cage, and when I got to the top of the hill, I saw it had stuck in the side.

3 Aces to Date: Been playing since May 2005.

1st Ace - 07/13/06 - Hole #17 - Seven Oaks - Nashville, TN - Champion Viking (Uphill S-Curve - Never saw it but it was sittin' there pretty in the basket)

2nd Ace – 09/07/06 - Hole #6 - Seven Oaks - Nashville, TN – Discraft Z Surge (Pin in Short Postion)

3rd Ace – 09/13/06 - Same EVERYTHING as the 2nd Ace and 6 days apart!!

1) Hole #3 Willow Metropark Huron, MI. Z Flick hahahaha..this was when I first started playing...it's a putter to midrange hole 183 ft. Funny to look back at what I used to throw on that hole.

2) Hole #3 Willow Metropark. Same hole as above and two weeks after. Champion Firebird.

3) Hole #22 Willow Metropark Huron, MI. Z Flick

4) Hole #18 Rolling Hills Ypsilanti, MI. Champion Leopard

5) Hole #3 Willow Metropark AGAIN! Champion Leopard

6) Hole #8 Willow Metropark Huron, MI. Star Valkyrie. I bought this disc right before the round of golf.

7) Hole #3 Northside Park Gainesville, FL. Very first time I ever played this course. Stepped up to the tee pad for hole 3 for the very first time ever and BAM!! My Champion Firebird slams in the chains. My first Florida ace too!

8) Hole #15 Fore Palms Jacksonville, FL. Same Firebird I aced no. 3 at Gainesville with. This one was my first skip ace.

#1 Hole #4 Cameron Park Waco Texas, champion Panther- all air anhyzer 183'
#2 Hole #7 Cameron Park Waco Texas, 2005 world doubles Orc hyzer w/ skip 276'

matchu said:
missed my tenth ace off the basket for atleast the tenth time

sound like my last couple weeks. I have hit a ton of metal (including chains) for my big 10th, but no sticks. It is coming, maybe its waiting till the tourney coming up :)

Latest posts