• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ace's - who, what, where when & how?

I have been playing for ~3 years. Only saw two aces so far, my one and I saw someone who I didn't know ace #4 (380 ft) @ Alimagnet Park in Apple Valley, MN.

Aced #1 at Kentwood in Raleigh warming up for doubles last thursday. I was playing with my fun bag and hit it with a crystal challenger. I find it funny that in my real bag I've been using wizards for a year now and hit plenty of chains and baskets but have yet to ace with one but with my fun bag I have aced with two Rhyno and now Challenger. Why can't I ace with a wizard dammit?

Today I saw a guy make an ace on the first hole of the Lion's Wilderness DGC in Farminton, NM. It was the first time he had ever played disc golf! HE ACED HIS FIRST EVER HOLE!

13 May 07 -> #9, top course at Albert Oakland Park in Columbia. Hit it with my E-ELX from 270ish.

My only other ace was with an E-ELX also (not the same one though)

let's see... my aces.

hole 1 at central park, 175g champ eagle

hole 8 at sunnyside park, 163g sirius orion ls

hole 7 at plymouth creek, 170g sirius orion lf

hole 9 at bassett creek, 179g dx roc

that's it so far

got another ace today :D

hole 1 at silverview, using a borrowed 170g elite-x talon. skipped into the basket. not pretty, but it counts :twisted:

Lets see... 6 now and counting (1 of those was a ricochete of a tree). If only the dozens that have hit basket/chains would stick I'd be in business. My most recent ace was last weekend. I was down by 3 strokes to my buddy going into hold 16 at Redan Park (Georgia) and hit the ace! (220 ft? Champ Classic Roc) I ended up tying him. So far my longest ace was roughly 300 ft.(Pro Wraith) and my longest chains hit was a downhill hole at 372 ft..

My 7 th time ever playing DG I hit a 200ft snaker through the woods. The only basket ace I've ever had. Since then, I've probably had about 15 aces, but they are all on tone poles. Not the same at all.

A few months ago, my buddies and I travelled to a new course. There was a bunch of regulars playing doubles and we joined in. They'd had an ace pot going for quite a while, so they said we had to ante up triple to join in on it. We did (to be good neighbors), and on the 15th hole I smashed into the center of the chains. Unfortunately, the basket was pretty mangled from a tree falling on it, and I bounced out off the center post. Would have been cool to win that ace pot, but I guess its better that the people that have been paying in for months win it.

got my 10th ace on 5-25-07!!!!

Me and a friend from work went and played Standing Rock park in Stevens Point WI after work that morning ....I'm not sure what hole it was that I aced though because they have changed and added to the course over the last several years now .... The hole is marked as ten but who knows what hole it is now....

The funny part about this ace was we were talking on the hole before about a ace I had back on 4-14-07 the guys I was playing with yesterday happend to be at a skate park where I had the aced on 4-14 and they saw my ace since the basket was right next to the skate park...

so we get to the next hole and I took out my new esp wasp which this was only like the 3rd time I threw it so far and bam!!! right in the chains for my 10th ace...

man I love the feeling you get when you ace!!! Gets better every time....

Man TOTALLY forgot to post up my newests aces.

05/23/07 7:25 pm hole number 9 at Westlake Disc Golf Park- Got me another skip ace on that hole with my number 2 avenger =)

05/24/07 12:20pm hole number 4 at Westlake Disc Golf Park hit a ace on number 4 with my number4 Avenger that I bought form ziggy.

2/3 of the molds Ive bought form ziggy Ive aced with. He sells magic discs! =P

5/17/07 7:50pm

Hole # 8

244 feet

172gm Champion Teebird 11X Red

Tunnel rip faded straight into chains, first ever been playing since October '06.

Aced # 10 at Kentwood during practice for the Doubles tournament. That is two this year that I have aced before the actually tournament. If I had just done it 20 minutes later I would have had $68. Oh well, one closer to acing every hole out there.

aced hole 1 at fox meadows yesterday, first ace from a backhand drive. 170g star leopard. it was very pretty.

Hit an ace yesterday on a 200ft hole with a super narrow fairway. Threw my seasoned KC pro Roc. It flew dead ahead and right into the chains 8)

Baraboo, WI
Hole #3 Long Tee - 250ft
173 Champion Teebird disc held a perfect hyzer line through the trees and in.

There is a big tree in front of the basket so I could hear it hit the chains but had to walk to the basket to find out if it stayed in. Of course it did otherwise I wouldn't be posting it here.

http://picasaweb.google.com/madcitydisc.org/BarabooLionsDiscGolfCourse/photo#5058176637229450610

Latest posts