• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Achilles Tenonosis

There was some podiatrist that did a study on all his patients with plantar fasciitis. 100% of the tissue specimens were not inflamed, they were dead. Perhaps no correlation at all to achilles. High shoe arches limit blood flow to the heel. That's all I know. I'm 47y. Very flat footed. On my feet much of the day doing hands on/technical labor. They helped me. Pain sucks. Minimalist shoes are viewed by podiatrists how chiropractors/herbal supplements are to doctors. :D

I am a fan of doctors that view medicine holistically.

I am sure they help you and I have not tried them. Really, as a guy with clinical pronation of my feet and life long plantar fasciitis, I probably should. I currently make use of NSAID's, good boots and ice to my arches, when it is bothering me. I try to stay on top of a few stretches and exercises in the summer, when I am playing multiple rounds a day.

Maybe I will look for a nice pair of sturdy, waterproof boots with a nice aggressive tread, in a minimalist style, to give a whirl next summer. Anything that can help my feet, is a win in my world.

Latest posts