• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Addicted to Fairways

I just wish that more stores (and around here that pretty much means Big 5 and Sport Chalet) would stock fairways instead of Boss, Destroyer, etc. Without this site I would still be shanking the big guns all over the place, or probably just not be playing due to frustration.

Yea fairways are where its at, I carry an 11x Eagle-X, an 11x Eagle-L, an 11x KC Pro Teebird and an 11x KC Pro Gazelle. Im think about putting a banshee to try but not sure yet.

Go ahead put that Banshee in but don't start hogging up all the Banshees in the MP because I swear you will fall in love with that disc. Not only is it a great fairway driver but you can use it as a driver into a headwind. It's also a great disc for thumbers and tomahawks. It is an all around must have disc for any bag. I don't care if you have an arm like Will S., you need a Banshee for those trick shots and mid-length fairway approaches over 345+. If there is wind the River, Gazelle, etc., all get eaten up into a good headwind but the Banshee just cuts right through it...I think of the Banshee as the FB's little brother on steroids. Go get you some but remember not to snag them all up! :thmbup:

I'm somebody who's fastest disc in my bag was occasionally a Valkyrie of some variety, but guys that don't like the higher speed drivers, check out the Blizard discs!

I'm in the same boat. My fairways:

In the bag- Leopard (DX, Champ, Pro), Teebird (DX, Champ), Valk, Firebird

Not in the bag right now- Glow Leopard, Glow Teebird, DX Leopard (extra), GL River, Roadrunner, #3 flyer, Star FL, Star Eagle.

I've been thinking about the Roadrunner. Does it need a lot of left to right space to work, or can it be lasered?

I don't care if you have an arm like Will S., you need a Banshee for those trick shots and mid-length fairway approaches over 345+.

Yeah, you'd definitely need an arm like Will S. to throw a Banshee over 345...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great disc, but distance is not really it's strong point imo (nor should it be).

Except for a beast for sidearms. Im all fairway!
2 teebirds 2 leopards and a banshee. Love the control and distance.
like stated before 350+ in the fairway is better then 450+ o.b.

I love fairway drivers too!
My loves have included:
TeeBirds
Eagles
Leopards
Rivers
CD
Timberwolf
Striker
maybe some others, too...
I'm currently messing with the TDs, the test material Rivers and a Champ FD.

Yeah, you'd definitely need an arm like Will S. to throw a Banshee over 345...

Don't get me wrong, it's a great disc, but distance is not really it's strong point imo (nor should it be).

This arthritic old man can throw his EXP (Banshee in Pro plastic) around 300 ft. I would think that an athletic young man could easily throw one 350.

31 posts and no one has mentioned the Whippet.
My drivers: Star Firebird, Whippet DX, Star Teebird, Teebird DX (x2), GL River 163g, Glo Leopard

31 posts and no one has mentioned the Whippet.
My drivers: Star Firebird, Whippet DX, Star Teebird, Teebird DX (x2), GL River 163g, Glo Leopard

Or the Cyclone! ESP Cyclone is such a dependable disc, in all conditions, for all throwing styles! Fairways FTW!

This arthritic old man can throw his EXP (Banshee in Pro plastic) around 300 ft. I would think that an athletic young man could easily throw one 350.

Completely different disc. Unless your exp is 1.6 or 1.7 they don't really fly like banshees. The "no run" exp 1s are not overstable imo.

i can throw my champ eagle almost as far as my distance drivers and it is a lot more accurate. it can go 350+ on a frozen rope and sit where i want it too. i can also get it to hyzer or flex when i need to. i throw that about 70% of the time. its fun to see my blizz destroyer and other high speeds fly but my eagle is just too good

Or the Cyclone! ESP Cyclone is such a dependable disc, in all conditions, for all throwing styles! Fairways FTW!

:thmbup: This is encouraging. I just picked up an ESP one. Looking forward to trying it out even though I'm not a discraft fan. Also got a couple of GL strikers. Been on a fairway driver, and putter kick lately.

My champ teebird is a lot of fun to throw. The GL pain is sneaky long and I just got a backup one. Not sure where you'd draw the line between a mid/fairway disc.

:thmbup: This is encouraging. I just picked up an ESP one. Looking forward to trying it out even though I'm not a discraft fan.

If I couldn't get my hands on my Glow Champ Gazelles, I would be using ESP Cyclones instead. Fantastic discs.

It's not currently in by bag, but the Sabre is a super sick disc. Straight as anything I've thrown and it holds lines well.
Sadly I had to take it out for mold minimization, but I might throw it back in just because it's so sick.

I don't have a lot of different molds in my bag, but most are fairway drivers. Only now am I starting to work in the faster discs. I know what you mean though, having a highly controllable fairway driver that you can get out to 350 feet is the most you need for a lot of courses.

Latest posts