• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adding distance to you drives

I'd guess you might have the problem most people have when they start: nose up and too high. Do your discs stall in the air and then drop to the left? If that is so, I'd recommend trying to do 2 things: Try to throw the disc on a low line that is no higher than 10' at the apex, and bend your wrist so that the disc is flat or even slightly nose down at release. If I guessed correctly, that should help you a lot.

Yes... you nailed it.... the discs usually fly out VERY high and streak UP... then stall and fall with a very sharp hyzer. I am working on trying to think of the throw with less footwork for now and more like throwing a hammer.... very cool video about that on YouTube.... so far the consistency is getting better... but distance is still not really cracking out there....

But yeah... I did jump out there like a total newbie and buy too many different discs, thinking that the disc was the issue.... now I am focusing on just learning how to get the form down on a Comet and/ or a CRO....

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Yes... you nailed it.... the discs usually fly out VERY high and streak UP... then stall and fall with a very sharp hyzer. I am working on trying to think of the throw with less footwork for now and more like throwing a hammer.... very cool video about that on YouTube.... so far the consistency is getting better... but distance is still not really cracking out there....

But yeah... I did jump out there like a total newbie and buy too many different discs, thinking that the disc was the issue.... now I am focusing on just learning how to get the form down on a Comet and/ or a CRO....

Thanks for all the advice guys!

I would recommend don't worry about any footwork for right now, just stand and throw. You need to get your throwing motion correct before adding moving feet to the equation. Once you feel good about your throwing motion, then you can start adding the Xstep, maybe even getting to a full runup as you get better.

Latest posts