• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Adventure to Clearwater, FL

Dahlemj24

I am in the process of playing a trip to Clearwater, FL for Spring Break and we are interested in seeing what kind of courses are worth playing.

Suggestions?

Thanks

Just chuck discs at the Scientologists, their Vatican is there.

Seriously, though, despite living there for a year I wasn't throwing then, so I have no course advice, but I've heard its pretty good.

not really course advice but if i was passing through there i would checkout clearwater disc sports.
i buy a lot of stuff from them online . they have everything. and i normally use the course finder to learn more about local courses

Ocala Greenway

Where is Ocala Greenway at?

Does anyone know if I call USF that we could play their course since we are a university group?

ocala greenway is about 10 minutes off I-75 just south of Ocala (of all places)... about an hour and a half north of tampa/clearwater,etc. i'd guess...

the ocala greenway is one of the few florida course with some elevation. fun peaceful course with no pedestrian traffic. also try whispering pines in inverness for elevation on short tight course.

It honestly doesn't really matter what the geographical layout of the course is. I'm just looking to throw some plastic in warm weather in comparison with my Wisconsin weather. I've played in Pensacola a couple years ago and really enjoyed the variety that the course offered there.

here are the four main 18 hole course in pinellas county.
1 Tocobaga DGC - st pete - this one is most wooded with some unforgiving roughs w/ good mix of holes
2 Taylor Lake Park - largo - very clean course with lots of pine tress and water on some holes
3 Cliff Stephens Park - clearwater - good course with water on a few holes. good mix of holes
4 North East Coachman - clearwater mostly wooded course, water on some holes. can flood with rain

no elevation at any of the 4 courses

i would skip hammock park (dunedin) and azalea park (st pete)

Perfect timing on the thread. My wife and I are going to clearwater at the end of march for phillies spring training and i was hoping to get some thoughts on the courses and which to play. cant wait to play stephens.

you will enjoy any one the those four courses. they are all good courses. the weather is perfect here with 70 degree weather. i'm recoverying from elbow surgery or id be playing now. hoping to get back by may/june.

Perfect timing on the thread. My wife and I are going to clearwater at the end of march for phillies spring training and i was hoping to get some thoughts on the courses and which to play. cant wait to play stephens.

both clearwater course are 5 minutes or less away from phillies spring training

Cliff Stevens Park
Surrounded by Moccasin Lake Nature Park
left on Fairwood Ave from Drew
Clearwater

North East Coachman Park
1120 N Old Coachman Rd, Clearwater,

Taylor lake Park
1100 8th Ave. S.W.
Largo

Youth Park DGC
4100 66th Avenue
Pinellas Park, Fl

Tocobaga DGC
Maximo Park
34th Street and Pinellas Point Drive South, St. Petersburg.

USF Riverfront Park
Fletcher Ave.
Temple Terrace

Lutz Executive DGC
Newberger Rd
Lutz

World of Life Camp DGC
113052 Word of Life Dr
Hudson

Limona DGC
Lakewood Dr
Brandon

North Watertower Park
Right on 47th from Old Bradenton Rd look for watertower
Sarasota

Lakeview Park
Right on Mauna Loa, Right on Lago Way to Hand Rd. Park on left.

Coachman is really close to the Phillies spring training complex, as in almost throw a disc that far close, if I remember correctly. Another course in the Tampa area that I enjoyed was Limona.

just got back from clearwater. Cliff Stephens was awesome, Taylor Lake was immacualte with great signage. Tocobaga was a let down to be honest.

Latest posts