• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Aerobie Epic. Thoughts?

Sheesh! It was an exageration of a guesstimate. it goes really high. How bout that.

I think I will get a video of it sometime but for now; you will have to settle for my drawing with more distance guestimates (except the hole length) and no; it doesnt look like pythag would indicate 300' but I do know I go WAY over the top of the trees.

Attachments

• Hole15.JPG
    Hole15.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 65
You were just using Vegan Ray's internet distance measuring tool or whatever he calls it.

Thats it! It was the only tool capable of putting an arbitrary measurement on something in mid air. I would have to be really fast to use a tape measure and time it just right.

attachment.php

Looks like prerube had a combination geometry/art/penmanship project in his class today.

D+

Actually, I think Tim needs to put this with the pictures of hole 15 at Roscoe Ewing. That would be epic to come up as the hole of the day.

Can I have it marked in RED or is that still considered emotionally damaging?

We saw someone throw a disc in the water at Acorn, my son offered to help them, they turned him down. it was still there when we got to the hole (we were a hole behind them) and my son waded into the water to get their epic, when I saw it I told him to run ahead and return it cause he really didn't want it (had it been a good disc I'd have let him keep it as they turned down assistance and left it). The guys in the group forced the owner to give my son a couple dollars for getting it out of the lake for him.

The moral of this story, some poor bastard has now paid twice for an Epic.

That would be a fail of Epic proportions :)

I have an Epic and use it about once a month other than messing around. I have found it useful if there is a strong head wind and you have a lot of open space. I throw it overhand with my thumb on the skinniest part of the rim, with the bottom of the disc facing me (perpendicular to the ground). A head-wind will make the disc flip over very quickly and do a barrel roll. I have thrown it probably 400 feet with a head wind.

I found a blue one the other day, have not gotten the hang of throwing it yet but have only throw it a hand full of times. Im not impressed but i havent gotten a tuned to it. Was actually thinking of getting rid of it...any takers? Willing to trade for any moderately used champ plastic disc really.

Attachments

• p_00386.jpg
    p_00386.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 4
  • p_00387.jpg
    p_00387.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 4