• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AHHHH LEAGUE PLAYERS!

The Yodeler

I don't understand why some league players have to be total douchers. I always shoot alone and I play through very fast, and yet, they give me excuses. "Oh, we're in a league, we can't let you play through." or "There is big groups in front of us, so it'd be pointless." Frankly, that's just rude and inconsiderate.
Since it's a doubles league, they all have to throw. Then they have to pick whose disc is better, and the process continues. And of course the wait time increases because they all have stools and switch discs a million times. Or they visualize their shot while sitting at their lie. It's just ridiculous.

Also, the "I'm better than you because I'm in a league" attitude is quite annoying. You're in a rec league dude. If I put in the money to join, I could be in it too.
To me, people like this are ruining the sport. It pushes new players away when we should be trying to get them to play more. Our goal should be to offer tips and just generally be friendly and helpful. It'd definitely help the image of our sport. Anyway, yeah.

I don't understand why some league players have to be total douchers. I always shoot alone and I play through very fast, and yet, they give me excuses. "Oh, we're in a league, we can't let you play through." or "There is big groups in front of us, so it'd be pointless." Frankly, that's just rude and inconsiderate.
Since it's a doubles league, they all have to throw. Then they have to pick whose disc is better, and the process continues. And of course the wait time increases because they all have stools and switch discs a million times. Or they visualize their shot while sitting at their lie. It's just ridiculous.

Also, the "I'm better than you because I'm in a league" attitude is quite annoying. You're in a rec league dude. If I put in the money to join, I could be in it too.
To me, people like this are ruining the sport. It pushes new players away when we should be trying to get them to play more. Our goal should be to offer tips and just generally be friendly and helpful. It'd definitely help the image of our sport. Anyway, yeah.

The Hammer syndrome.

Funny how people are so full of poop.

They are never wrong.....

Really sounds like 95% of all tourney players.

Just ignore them : o

Were you one of those guys holding up our tournament last weekend? Because that wasn't douche like at all.

Being new to this sport myself and not having submitted many posts to this forum, I have never encountered this issue thankfully. The one thing that does just floor me about disc golf though that is mentioned by the above quote is the use of stools. Can I please ask why ? I'm 52 years old and have played several courses through the woods, up the hills, and waded into a pond for a lost disc I never found and never ever dreamed of using a stool to rest. The rest I get is out on the course walking and hiking every nook and cranny it seems since I am a newbie. I just hope disc golf doesn't get to the point of the Walmarts and people start using motorized scooters while they are gnawing on their ice cream cone and shuffling through their selection of discs and yes perfectly able to walk but they choose not to. Good luck out their Yodeler and just learn to deal with it the best you can. If you ever come across motorized scooters out there, then you know the beginning of the end of disc golf is near.

Not another ignorant thread about league players :doh: There's cocky, stuck up & stupid people in every part of life so just grow up & deal with it instead of complaining about it on a forum.

Dang, where are you guys playing?
I have never run into this type of behavior.
Most players in my neck of the woods will encourage non-league players to join up with us.
We also let non-league players play through.
I don't understand...

How big is the league? If it's just a couple cards of players, sure it's kind of db to not let you play through. On some league nights around here (twin cities, and other leagues I've encountered around the country), the course is nearly filled with a card per hole. Sure it's still open to the public, as a casual player it makes more sense to join the league, find another course, or otherwise realize it's going to be a slow round and suck it up. Attempting to play through a dozen cards, holding people up that are already being held up by the group in front of them = major douche.

Try paying in and joining the fun instead of complaining about it :thmbup:

Dang, where are you guys playing?
I have never run into this type of behavior.
Most players in my neck of the woods will encourage non-league players to join up with us.
We also let non-league players play through.
I don't understand...

pssh ... You've never tried to play through the hole I'm on :p

there's this really awesome site www.dgcoursereview.com where you can look up other courses to go play on the night they do dubs. you just go on there and there's a map you can check out and find other courses near you, it's super. there's also a forum you can get on and complain about things.

watch out for new013, dude is a dick sometimes.

The one thing that does just floor me about disc golf though that is mentioned by the above quote is the use of stools. Can I please ask why ?

The stools aren't really for resting. During tournys, the can be a significant wait in between holes and even shots. And generally, there's not a lot of seating on DG courses. So the stools just keep you from having to sit on the ground.

One thing that gets me on this site, is the instant condemnation of someone voicing a grip. Does it ever occur to anyone that a poster might have a legit complaint? On the most part, the people I've encountered on courses are very nice, but then others are douche canoes. Yeah, such is life. But when a enough canoes get together, we have a douche fleet and if they are keeping the course from being a welcoming place, they are hurting the game.

Douche canoe lol....... maybe the club that runs the leaugue has a seasonal permit that night? I know my home course where we have leagues every wednesday night gets over run with chuckers and such and sometimes it can get very out of hand. It then becomes easy to look at everyone on the course that night as the same especially since we have had issues with the parks pointing the finger because the club is the only thing for them to shake their finger at. Try approaching them and explain your issue with the league coordinator before they start or just try starting before them. Then there is always joining up with them... i know my DG experiences have grown all for the better after joining the club!

We let people play through on our league nights, but only between like april-july, that's when there is the most sunlight and there isn't an issue. Our locals outside of the league, know it's league night and get there at 5:30 to start. Or they start on hole 16-17 to stay out of the way when it's a big group. We never really have issues, other than the cross country kids, who have plenty of park to run that isn't on the dg course, they use holes 1-5, and 14-20. lol

If you ever come across motorized scooters out there, then you know the beginning of the end of disc golf is near.

Signature worthy?

Or just bigotry towards the mobility impared? :|

You decide. :popcorn: ;)

The stools aren't really for resting. During tournys, the can be a significant wait in between holes and even shots. And generally, there's not a lot of seating on DG courses. So the stools just keep you from having to sit on the ground.

One thing that gets me on this site, is the instant condemnation of someone voicing a grip. Does it ever occur to anyone that a poster might have a legit complaint? On the most part, the people I've encountered on courses are very nice, but then others are douche canoes. Yeah, such is life. But when a enough canoes get together, we have a douche fleet and if they are keeping the course from being a welcoming place, they are hurting the game.

^This^
And I also use my small stool to set my bag on instead of dropping it on the ground. Works great on those muddy or snowy rounds.

My lady friend is getting me a FADE stool for our anniversary, I'm stoked!

Latest posts