• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

AirMcNair's bag

AirMcNair

Double Eagle Member
I want to see if anyone can let know if I got a bunch of overlap in this thing and if I can take out a few discs. I throw RHBH for 95% of my shots. Throw some LHBH (I broke my RH so I learned how to play left hand). Max D is about 400 450 if I hit it right.

DRIVERS
2 CFR Augusta Wraiths 1 beat Tail wind 1 new head wind
2 Star Destroyers 1 beat 1 beefy
1st Run Champ Boss flippy for the D
Eco Star Boss very fast wind driver
11x firebird rollers/tomahwaks
CE Firebird beat but a great finess sidearm when in trouble
10x teebird Slightly used and comes back.
11x teebird Slight used but will go on any line you put it on.
10x Cheetah like a TL (just added since I lost my CE TL)
11x Cheetah tunnel Shots
CE leopard goes right

MIDS
2 Star Cros 1 beat 1 new
Champ Classic Roc
Pro Classic Roc Grippier Champ
1st Run Gator

PUTTERS
5x Jks
Tring out a Wizard right now.

I know that the Wriath. Destroyer, and Boss are pretty much the same but they all feel comfortable in my hand at certain times. So thats why they are all in there.
Also I have a lot of old plastic because they are grippier and my hands sweat a lot so I need to be able to hold on the the disc. Most of my plastic is pretty gummy so I can grip it.

Please let me know what ya think .

HAHA well Im trying the wizard out. Yesterday it really let me down but last week it was on fire. So, Im keeping the JK in there for now.

Ya and I like to see other people using the Cro. Such a great disc.

An Update of my bag.

DRIVERS
1 CFR Augusta Wraiths 1 beat Tail wind go to driver
Eco Star Wraith new
11x Cheetah tunnel Shots
CE leopard goes right

MIDS
2 Star Cros 1 beat 1 new
Champ Classic Roc
Star Classic Roc When there is a head wind
1st Run Gator

PUTTERS
5x JK
4x JK

Give me some feedback on what ya think about having a Wraith, Destroyer, and Boss in the bag as well as a Teebird, Cheetah, and Leopard.

too. many. drivers.

if you have more than six drivers in your bag, your form needs refinement.

I know that the Wriath. Destroyer, and Boss are pretty much the same but they all feel comfortable in my hand at certain times. So thats why they are all in there.
Also I have a lot of old plastic because they are grippier and my hands sweat a lot so I need to be able to hold on the the disc. Most of my plastic is pretty gummy so I can grip it.

Please let me know what ya think .[/QUOTE]

Does your hand change shape or something? I would stick with either one of your long distance drivers and make it work for you.

An Update of my bag.

DRIVERS
Eco Star Wraith new

11x Cheetah tunnel Shots
CE leopard goes right

MIDS
2 Star Cros 1 beat 1 new
Champ Classic Roc
Star Classic Roc When there is a head wind

1st Run Gator

PUTTERS
5x JK
4x JK

Give me some feedback on what ya think about having a Wraith, Destroyer, and Boss in the bag as well as a Teebird, Cheetah, and Leopard.
Very overlapping
Slightly overlapping
Strange mid collection

I'd probably cut out the Boss and even the Destroyers unless you are hitting 450' controlled and consistently. If you can turn the Cheetahs over predictably then the Leo is unnecessary, however, a Leo or TL would be a better compliment to a TB for someone of your distance. The Cheetah is a great disc and super straight but its range is a little limited due to its speed, similar to a Stalker. You should be able to replicate what your Cheetah does with your mids.

The mids are strange to me. I'm not a fan of the Cro, I think Buzzzes and Rocs are more versatile but I throw Nebulae so what do I know :rolleyes: The Champ Classic Roc is a sweet approach disc that is unfortunately OOP but I don't really see the need for more than one in the bag. If you have a Star Classic Roc for headwinds for example, what do you need/have a Gator for? I say your most glaring omission is a good, line shaping mid like a Comet, Fuse, or Qms that you can hyzer flip, put on an annie, and float downhills, etc. I'm guessing you can do that with the beat Cro and if you've been throwing Cros forever than you'd be the master with them but if you ever want to flirt or experiment with another mid for understable I'd suggest the ones I mentioned b/c I think they're naturally better suited.

It's a well thought out bag, I just think you might be able to benefit from a less is more kind of philosophy in terms of drivers and some versatility in the mid department.

Thanks for letting us look at it. :thmbup:

Does your hand change shape or something? I would stick with either one of your long distance drivers and make it work for you.[/QUOTE]

No but my hands get really sweaty so sometimes the star Destroyer feels good sometimes my wraith feels good. It just depends.

Very overlapping
Slightly overlapping
Strange mid collection

I'd probably cut out the Boss and even the Destroyers unless you are hitting 450' controlled and consistently. If you can turn the Cheetahs over predictably then the Leo is unnecessary, however, a Leo or TL would be a better compliment to a TB for someone of your distance. The Cheetah is a great disc and super straight but its range is a little limited due to its speed, similar to a Stalker. You should be able to replicate what your Cheetah does with your mids.

The mids are strange to me. I'm not a fan of the Cro, I think Buzzzes and Rocs are more versatile but I throw Nebulae so what do I know :rolleyes: The Champ Classic Roc is a sweet approach disc that is unfortunately OOP but I don't really see the need for more than one in the bag. If you have a Star Classic Roc for headwinds for example, what do you need/have a Gator for? I say your most glaring omission is a good, line shaping mid like a Comet, Fuse, or Qms that you can hyzer flip, put on an annie, and float downhills, etc. I'm guessing you can do that with the beat Cro and if you've been throwing Cros forever than you'd be the master with them but if you ever want to flirt or experiment with another mid for understable I'd suggest the ones I mentioned b/c I think they're naturally better suited.

It's a well thought out bag, I just think you might be able to benefit from a less is more kind of philosophy in terms of drivers and some versatility in the mid department.

Thanks for letting us look at it. :thmbup:

I hear ya on the bosses and Destroyers. I will think about that. The Cheetahs are KC Pros and aren't beat in so they don't turn over that easy. Only in a head wind does the 11x flip all the way over and the 10x fades and still comes back. The Leopard does nothing but got right and right fast. It never comes back.

The reason for three CRs is the Champ (which I have like 6 of) and the Pro are the same disc but if my hands are slipping I go to the Pro. I have the gator in there with the star classic because if I need something straight that will not fade or turn fast that is what I use. The gator is so over stable that it is in there for specialty shots.

The Cro is a go to disc for me. I can pretty much do anything with it. It stays on the line you put it on. I don't think I could change my mids at all. They are the ones that make my birds and keep my pars for me.

I hear ya on the bosses and Destroyers. I will think about that. The Cheetahs are KC Pros and aren't beat in so they don't turn over that easy. Only in a head wind does the 11x flip all the way over and the 10x fades and still comes back. The Leopard does nothing but got right and right fast. It never comes back.

I think for your distance you could definitely make use of a faster understable driver than a Leo, something like a RR or my personal fave, a beat Valk. KC Pro Cheetahs are sweet and I can definitely see keeping them in there for shots out of your Cros' reach.

The reason for three CRs is the Champ (which I have like 6 of) and the Pro are the same disc but if my hands are slipping I go to the Pro. I have the gator in there with the star classic because if I need something straight that will not fade or turn fast that is what I use. The gator is so over stable that it is in there for specialty shots.

The Cro is a go to disc for me. I can pretty much do anything with it. It stays on the line you put it on. I don't think I could change my mids at all. They are the ones that make my birds and keep my pars for me.
That's what I figured, I'm a big fan of the "if it's not broke..." line of thinking so more power to you. I will say though, I have a buddy that loves him some Champ Classic Rocs so if you ever need to let loose some of them, let me know and I'll play matchmaker for you guys. He's got tubs of Innova goodies.

I'll throw one more idea your way, since you like grippy stuff, pro plastic, etc., check out the P-PDs by Discmania. They go like hell, tons of glide, very workable, they're replacing teebirds in a lot of guys' bags.

Cheers and beers,
Dave

I'd cut it way down for a little while and see what you can do with like 3 or 4 molds. Really try to force those few discs to do all of your shots. After you've really given that a chance try to figure out which discs will actually save strokes. The idea is to cut it down to where you know you'll want to add stuff. That way there isn't a question about it and it might be easier to evaluate what you really need.

That's what I figured, I'm a big fan of the "if it's not broke..." line of thinking so more power to you. I will say though, I have a buddy that loves him some Champ Classic Rocs so if you ever need to let loose some of them, let me know and I'll play matchmaker for you guys. He's got tubs of Innova goodies.

I'll throw one more idea your way, since you like grippy stuff, pro plastic, etc., check out the P-PDs by Discmania. They go like hell, tons of glide, very workable, they're replacing teebirds in a lot of guys' bags.

Cheers and beers,
Dave[/QUOTE]

Thanks I will look at that. My buddy Will just put one in and he loves it.

I'd cut it way down for a little while and see what you can do with like 3 or 4 molds. Really try to force those few discs to do all of your shots. After you've really given that a chance try to figure out which discs will actually save strokes. The idea is to cut it down to where you know you'll want to add stuff. That way there isn't a question about it and it might be easier to evaluate what you really need.

I'm a big fan of letting the disc do the work and not trying to make the disc do the work. That's how you get hurt I know cuz that's what happened to me with my back and for me its hard to throw hard Anny with a torn rotater cuff.

I'm a big fan of letting the disc do the work and not trying to make the disc do the work. That's how you get hurt I know cuz that's what happened to me with my back and for me its hard to throw hard Anny with a torn rotater cuff.
Then don't you need overlap to cover more shots? If you let the disc do the work then you'll need a different disc for each shot.

Then don't you need overlap to cover more shots? If you let the disc do the work then you'll need a different disc for each shot.

That Why I have 5 driver molds. One beat one beefy of each except only one leopard. But I going to take the wraith out. So I will have 7 molds destroyer boss teebird cheetah leopard cro classic roc. Gator just for special shots

DRIVERS
2003 Pearly CFR Starfire longer teebird
11x Cheetah tunnel Shots
CE leopard goes right

MIDS
Star Cro
Champ Classic Roc
1st Run Gator

PUTTERS
5x JK
4x JK

Got rid of the bosses and the echo Wraith. I added the Starfire to be my longer teebird. It is super stable. Playing my local course I pull out my Wraith and Destroyer on two holes now. The rest is Teebirds, Cheetahs, Cro, and Classic Rocs.

Tell me what ya think of the slightly newer bag.