• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

akron park in pa

Ty9339

Bogey Member
WOW!!!! I just got back from a round at roland park in akron, and its the first time i've been up there since the weather has gotten a bit nicer. The course looks the best i've ever seen it, clean and trimmed up. GREAT JOB to all the lancaster people putting in the effort!

I will be out in lancaster visiting friends in June so I am going to have to play Roland and Im planning on hitting Buchmiller as well. thanks for the heads up on the course conditions, it sounds like it will be a fun play!

WOW!!!! I just got back from a round at roland park in akron, and its the first time i've been up there since the weather has gotten a bit nicer. The course looks the best i've ever seen it, clean and trimmed up. GREAT JOB to all the lancaster people putting in the effort!

Nice to hear that they did some work. When I played there last Summer, by myself, I really enjoyed it. But, wow... some of the rough was really scary thick. Do you know if they've done any work with the "next hole" signs? It was a little rough getting around the course the first time.

Buchmiller should have a bunch of new pin positions in place by then!

That sounds excellent. The course was really nice last Summer when I was there so this could really be interesting.

Thanks for the info. gents. I guess we're going to Dutch Wonderland again this year. :)

jimb, all the signs are pretty much the same, but there a few new basket positions, and it looks like maybe a couple of brand new holes. But unfortunately i'm not sure how they work into the 21 normal holes.

I played Roland Pk in Arkon just 2 weeks ago, after hole 4 it is confusing on where to go next. I could see where fairways were being cleared for new holes. A few new holes were plenty clear but not marked yet. Work was being done on the course while we were their during the week. It will soon be 27 holes. The 1st 4 and last 9 were marked well, the middle was under going change.

jimb, all the signs are pretty much the same, but there a few new basket positions, and it looks like maybe a couple of brand new holes. But unfortunately i'm not sure how they work into the 21 normal holes.

I played Roland Pk in Arkon just 2 weeks ago, after hole 4 it is confusing on where to go next. I could see where fairways were being cleared for new holes. A few new holes were plenty clear but not marked yet. Work was being done on the course while we were their during the week. It will soon be 27 holes. The 1st 4 and last 9 were marked well, the middle was under going change.

Thanks guys. I'm sure that Roland will be super when they're done with it. They already had some really nice holes and adding some more in the woods should be excellent. So maybe I can put off Dutch Wonderland until 2010. :)

Latest posts