• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alas poor MacBeth, we hardly knew ye

The OP asked for flaming, and seemed to be having fun with his thread. I kind of took the whole post as a tongue in cheek. Am I missing all of the ;) ;) ;) in the replies or something? :p

Okay, so since OP is getting roasted for his hot take since Paul won this weekend, what if we scale back his claims a bit:

I don't think Paul will win another MPO world title. I think that by the end of the season he will no longer be the highest rated player, and after that He never will be again.

I don't think he's "done", but I do think he's done being The undisputed top player in the game.

If he ever gets his putt figured out again my claims could be wrong. I don't think we ever see 2015 make every putt from 50' and in McBeth ever again.

It is a par 5 because the TD said so.

What I'm saying is that it would have been better for the sport if the TD had set par to be more appropriate for the Open field. When most of the players get a 4, that's really strong evidence that 4 is "the score that an expert disc golfer would be expected to make on a given hole with errorless play under ordinary weather conditions".

If TDs set par according to that, an eagle would really mean what an eagle is supposed to mean (like the sole 2 on hole #4) .

So.
Freaking.
What.

At the end of the day the score that matters is the total. All this hand wringing over par is a waste of time.

Okay, so since OP is getting roasted for his hot take since Paul won this weekend, what if we scale back his claims a bit:

I don't think Paul will win another MPO world title. I think that by the end of the season he will no longer be the highest rated player, and after that He never will be again.

I don't think he's "done", but I do think he's done being The undisputed top player in the game.

If he ever gets his putt figured out again my claims could be wrong. I don't think we ever see 2015 make every putt from 50' and in McBeth ever again.

Never and ever encapsulate a very long period of time and this kind of thinking just doesn't reflect the way golf tends to work. Look at even Tiger Woods in his prime... he won half his starts and 3 majors in 2000, in 2004 he had a single win and zero majors, then in 2005 he won 2.

We can see the same types of things in DG with Doss going 4 years between world titles or the somewhat under-the-radar guys that have popped up to win USDGC.

Golf is a streaky game. Paul and Rickey have shown us this year that dominance all the time is hard to sustain but that hardly means that either isn't capable of winning another world title.

As hot as eagle is playing right now, he is not the reinvention of golf. I think he will get some majors too but he will have some period in the future when his putter cools and people say he's done. Its all part of the game.

You know, threads like this are just the sort of thing that would motivate PM.
Keep it coming folks...

Or maybe he will get tired of Sextoning... as much as it is working for him... i imagine at some point he will just want to unleash on every hole... He is young there will be a time when he will go through a protracted slump. I think it is an exciting time for DG. You have two really stable veterans who are in every tournament week in and out, (paul/Ricky), then you have a second group of talent just below maybe a little younger who can snatch a major win. (Sexton, Conrad, Kolling, Lizzote) And then the young arms up and coming who can get really hot, but you just know they can be really cold as well. (McMahon, McBride, Freeman)

You're delusional or just kidding -- McBeast is incredible. The dude knows the game in and out and makes incredible shots. NEVER write him off. He charges and plays clutch....yeah dumb thread. Where is Paul to comment here then the OP will be begging to be best friends. Stupid. PMcB is still incredible and will be for years to come. Hell, even NFL QB's play til' their 40's and have great games....how can't a disc golfer play all through his 30's and be great? uggh

The OP asked for flaming, and seemed to be having fun with his thread. I kind of took the whole post as a tongue in cheek. Am I missing all of the ;) ;) ;) in the replies or something? :p

Thanks for getting the spirit of the thread

One of the funniest comments I have ever heard from that duo.

"Yeah I was reading online that he [McBeth] was done."

BOOM

ROASTED

The post, which is essentially a whinge about fantasy disc golf, deserves the flaming and the roasting, but not the notice on Jomez. Flame on

...Where is Paul to comment here then the OP will be begging to be best friends. Stupid. PMcB is still incredible and will be for years to come...

LOL

He doesn't have time to read that nonsense post, but dang, did he respond to it in the best way possible! Incredible timing! Go PMcB!

...the way golf tends to work. Look at even Tiger Woods in his prime... he won half his starts and 3 majors in 2000, in 2004 he had a single win and zero majors, then in 2005 he won 2.

We can see the same types of things in DG with Doss going 4 years between world titles or the somewhat under-the-radar guys that have popped up to win USDGC.

Golf is a streaky game. Paul and Rickey have shown us this year that dominance all the time is hard to sustain but that hardly means that either isn't capable of winning another world title...

This is an intelligent non-asinine way to say what I was thinking.

Paul is such an awesome representative of the sport, I wish he would dominate for about four more years. His sports marketing sense, IMHO, has done just as much for the sport (if not more) as Dynamic Discs

If Paul plays under his ability...with today's competition...he's not going to win. The odds of Eagle, Simon, Ricky, all playing under their ability at the same time is slim to none. With that said... it's a pretty cool time to witness disc golf at the highest level because any of those players mentioned can win. Add in Nate(s), Conrad, Nikko, GG, etc, and it's even more dynamic at the top.

Fyi, Paul played under his rating for the Nick Hyde, and still managed to win. Although he barely played under his rating.

LOL

He doesn't have time to read that nonsense post, but dang, did he respond to it in the best way possible! Incredible timing! Go PMcB!

Not too long ago (like a month?) A dude was on here trashing McBeth and I commented similar to the one I did basically saying Paul is awesome and WTF are you talking about ---- a post later Paul 4x himself commented and immediately the OP was like "ohhh youre amazing I was just kidding" yea yea yea.....Paul DOES come here sometimes FYI

Fyi, Paul played under his rating for the Nick Hyde, and still managed to win. Although he barely played under his rating.

"If Paul plays under his ability...with today's competition......"

I said "ability" not rating. Huge....huge...difference. ;)

Latest posts