• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Albatross at The Gentlemen's Classic!

I'm a 910 rated Master that has never played that hole but the tee sign AND caddy book clearly read par 5.

Which, I'm pretty sure, means it's a par 5.

Nice birdies, Discette. :thmbup:

I'm a 910 rated Master that has never played that hole but the tee sign AND caddy book clearly read par 5.

Captain - You are correct. The course designer gave it a Par 5 which means it was a Par 5.

However, the hole did not PLAY like a Par 5 at all, or even a hard Par 4. It played like an easy Par 4.

If the dude can throw 500' thumbers, he should have no problem throwing a 600' forehand. All I know is a 500' thumber hurts my shoulder just thinking about it.

Captain - You are correct. The course designer gave it a Par 5 which means it was a Par 5.

However, the hole did not PLAY like a Par 5 at all, or even a hard Par 4. It played like an easy Par 4.

The stats back up your perception. I give it a 4.057 on the range of all possible par 4s (4.000 to 4.999).

By the way, course designers have no authority, just Tournament Directors.

All of which matters zilch, compared to making that throw!

The stats back up your perception. I give it a 4.057 on the range of all possible par 4s (4.000 to 4.999).

By the way, course designers have no authority, just Tournament Directors.

All of which matters zilch, compared to making that throw!

To be clear, the TD is also one of the course designers. :thmbup:

Biff:
attachment.php

I caught that as soon as my edit window closed lol! If one of the mods would be so kind....

Who cares what par was. He went 760' into a basket in 2 throws. 2 OVERHAND shots. That's badass.

Par is irrelevant.

Latest posts