• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Albuquerque - next week

MHaas

Par Member
Will be in Albuquerque for a couple days next week for work. Pickings look pretty slim based on the map, anybody have insight on what's worth the time if I do get a round or two in?

Brent Baca is worth a spin.

It's the only course I played in the area as I was simply passing through on a road trip from California to Kentucky. That said, it's got some memorable features that I've not encountered in the other courses I've played.

I was in your situation in 2012 when I visited Albuquerque on a work trip. Played Roosevelt, Brent Baca and was fortunate to have a morning free so drove up to Santa Fe to play Arroyo Chamisos. Brent Baca was memorable, like Mad Max disc disc golf with all the weird metal structures, pretty unique. Roosevelt is a fine park course right in town, I just remember a little girl picking up my disc and starting to walk away with it on a blind landing zone tee shot until I yelled at her... The course in Santa Fe was the best but might be too far of a drive for your free time? Looking at the map there are more options now but none look better.

I've heard the course at the Native American college is pretty good. Definitely would check that one out.

Baca for sure.
Unless Roosevelt has changed, go armed.
Ladera isn't worth the drive.
Vista Hills is a pleasant putter course. Not challenging but nice.

Now to the good stuff. (the food)
Benny's in Bosque Farms for lunch if you're in the area. (It's kinda close to Baca.)
Casa De Benavidez for dinner. (This is always a definite for us.)
Sadie's on 4th may be too hot for the gringo inclined. But the carne adovada is the best.

Brent Baca is worth a spin.

It's the only course I played in the area as I was simply passing through on a road trip from California to Kentucky. That said, it's got some memorable features that I've not encountered in the other courses I've played.

As I read in the guest book there, "Mad Max meets Disc Golf".

Baca for sure.
Unless Roosevelt has changed, go armed.
Ladera isn't worth the drive.
Vista Hills is a pleasant putter course. Not challenging but nice.

Now to the good stuff. (the food)
Benny's in Bosque Farms for lunch if you're in the area. (It's kinda close to Baca.)
Casa De Benavidez for dinner. (This is always a definite for us.)
Sadie's on 4th may be too hot for the gringo inclined. But the carne adovada is the best.

For real on Roosevelt? It's the closest to where I'm staying so was the most likely one I'd hit up. Thinking Baca now based on the feedback (and that it's by the airport, could just hit it up right after I land before I head to the hotel).

Appreciate the food reccos as well...

I haven't been to Rosie in a while (maybe'18)but the panhandling was pretty aggressive. I left after a few holes. That's how I know about Ladera.

As for food, a Blake's breakfast burrito will fill you up till dinner.

I got to thinking and I steered you wrong on Benney's. I looked it up and it's not as close to Baca as I thought. It's good but it's just a burger joint.

For real on Roosevelt? It's the closest to where I'm staying so was the most likely one I'd hit up.

I am not an ABQ local but felt quite comfortable playing a breakfast round at Roosevelt Park last December. I did have the dog with me. Maybe that helped, I dunno. :rolleyes:

Quirky layout but kind of fun when the park is empty. Probably have to skip holes if the park is crowded, so playing early in the day seemed like the way to go.

Good luck!

Just wanted to pop back in and thank everyone for the input. I was only there two nights but did manage to get a round in at Brent Baca on Tuesday. Fun course, but glad I was there on a league night and they let me join because otherwise I'm not sure I would have found my way around before the sun went down. Definitely a different brand of golf than what I'm used to in MI as well, it was an experience.

Thanks all!

Will be in Albuquerque for a couple days next week for work. Pickings look pretty slim based on the map, anybody have insight on what's worth the time if I do get a round or two in?

I see that you niced me today. How was the trip?