• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] All things DGA thread.

How does the Banzai compare to the 2nd run SP Pipelines? Those were more overstable than the first runs but weren't beefy. Just straight to fade.

I've found the Banzai to be beefy. It's got a nice straight flight with a consistent fade. I prefer the Tsunami for backhand, but I've been liking my 150g Banzai for forehand, which was my Mountain Tsunami in Colorado, cuz it has a bit more glide. It's essentially a beaded Pipeline.

I've found the Banzai to be beefy. It's got a nice straight flight with a consistent fade. I prefer the Tsunami for backhand, but I've been liking my 150g Banzai for forehand, which was my Mountain Tsunami in Colorado, cuz it has a bit more glide. It's essentially a beaded Pipeline.

Thanks. I do want it as a forehand disc. Need a step up in stability from the 2nd run SP Pipelines.

Rift

Numbers are close. How's the profile look, BrotherDave?...DGA's Nebula?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190805-204656_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20190805-204656_Instagram.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 66
I saw that today. Rated 5/4/-1/+1.5. Sounds more like a stable comet? I thought the nebula was fairly stable but could be wrong

Looks faster than a comet though:

Max.Weight - Diameter - Height - Rim Depth - Rim Thickness

Zombee--179.3-- 21.6-- 2.1-- 1.2-- 1.6--
Quake----179.3-- 21.6-- 1.7-- 1.2-- 1.5--
Rift-----179.3-- 21.6-- 1.8-- 1.3-- 1.5--
Nebula---176.8-- 21.3-- 2.0-- 1.3-- 1.3--
Squall----178.5-- 21.5-- 1.8-- 1.3-- 1.3--
Buzzz-----180.1-- 21.7-- 1.9-- 1.3-- 1.2--
Comet----180.9-- 21.8-- 2.1-- 1.3-- 1.2--

Attachments

• Rift.JPG
    Rift.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 34
I talked to someone from DGA. A mid slower than the Squall with stability somewhere between the Squall and the Aftershock. Their attempt at a Roc/Buzzz type of disc.

I talked to someone from DGA. A mid slower than the Squall with stability somewhere between the Squall and the Aftershock. Their attempt at a Roc/Buzzz type of disc.

Really? It's wider than a Roc, Buzzz, and even the Squall.
A .3cm difference is pretty significant. That's going from a Teebird to a Beast.

Really? It's wider than a Roc, Buzzz, and even the Squall.
A .3cm difference is pretty significant. That's going from a Teebird to a Beast.

If the bloody numbers are correct. Would not be the first time the PDGA listed the numbers incorrectly.

Looking at the profile, I see more of a rounded profile and 'domeyer' Quake.

Good, it's beadless, that means I don't have to rush out and buy it. My wallet sighed with relief.

So the Squall is an interesting disc to me that will probably stick in my bag going forward. Slots into a nice spot between my Pipeline and Wasp I'm currently carrying.

The one Squall I have is a tour series PL FLX, and it seems fairly stable, taking into account all of the reviews I've seen of this mold. The PL FLX will probably wear into the stability I'm looking for, but in the meantime: What are thoughts on stability for the different plastics? PL, SP, Glow FLX, etc.

How similar is the Quake to Streamline's Runway? Trying to find an OS midrange and narrowed it down to these two.

Is the Reef still the same mould as the APX?

which will be the most US. . D Reef. JB APX or Soft X APX?

Reef/APX vs Magic?

Is the Reef still the same mould as the APX?

which will be the most US. . D Reef. JB APX or Soft X APX?

Reef/APX vs Magic?

Never thrown the d reef. But I can say that x soft APX's are more flippy than jawbreaker out of the box. I would assume a d reef is similar to x soft for stability.

I have a SP reef that's surprisingly stable in comparison to the rest.

How similar is the Quake to Streamline's Runway? Trying to find an OS midrange and narrowed it down to these two.

My Pro line Quake and Neutron Runway are extremely similar. The Quake is slimmer feeling and maybe hooks up a bit sooner, maybe. The Quake feels a littler better for FH, other than that it's a push.

They've been all over the place with MF'er release dates

#1 Squall dropped March 2014
#2 Breaker and #3 Hurricane were released in 2015 (Spring? & December)
#4 Steady was available November 2016
#5 Tsunami came out December 2017

I was hoping the early release trend would continue, but this is officially the longest it's taken for one to drop. I blame the McBeth effect. Between the increased demand for DC and his new discs, my guess is DGA isn't very high on the DC factory priority list.

Well I tried to give DGA the benefit of the doubt, but I posted that almost a year ago. It's now been 2 years and 3 months since #5 and still no #6. I guess they're quitting at #5, which is sad knowing the original plan was to do 8.

With Matt Bell's In The Bag vid showing him bagging a Glowfly, not having one available for purchase is a real lost opportunity. I'm still holding out a glimmer of hope that DGA will continue the Midnight Flyer series. The only excuse I can come up for them is they're delaying so they can have #8 come out on their 45th anniversary (#1 Squall was for the 35th). But with the Glow Banzai, Glow Tremor, Glow Quake, Glow Tempest and now the Glow Hellfire all coming out after the MF Tsunami, and still no #6, it's becoming clear DGA has lost interest in completing the Midnight Flyer set.

I was in love with my D-line Steady BLs until I randomly threw my old Aviar PnA a few days ago. I still really like the size/feel of that Aviar in hand but I hate DX plastic. Is there a DGA disc that is basically the same profile as the Aviar? The Reef? Steadys will still be my throwing putter.

I was in love with my D-line Steady BLs until I randomly threw my old Aviar PnA a few days ago. I still really like the size/feel of that Aviar in hand but I hate DX plastic. Is there a DGA disc that is basically the same profile as the Aviar? The Reef? Steadys will still be my throwing putter.

There is a P&A and 3 top just the flat top P&A both in XT. XT will feel like the old Stiff DX kind of similar to how the Classic Grid Aviar feels. Do not base XT of the production run Nova as most of those are a softer run of XT. XT is like the old DX from prior to late 2009 but with better grip then the DX that gets slick or the Classic Grid Aviar that gets a bit slick over time. XT is close to old Discraft Pro D/DGA D that was made before 2005 but the plastic is not as slick as that old plastic and not nearly as hard.

I hope this helps. :)

Latest posts