• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Westside] All things Westside

Haven't heard anything, but I wonder if they will just focus this time on releasing previous discs in alternative (especially base) plastics?

They need something OS in the Fairway/Mid categories.

I could almost go all Westsode if they had a Firebird/XXX type disc.

They need something OS in the Fairway/Mid categories.

I could almost go all Westsode if they had a Firebird/XXX type disc.

Agree 100%.

I currently have an all westside bag except for 2 felons. I would love to see a replacement for them from westside.

I would also like to see a backpack bag from them eventually as they are the only trilogy company without one.

The extent to which I want a Westside Teebird is almost indescribable. I like the idea of the Striker, but the Lat 64 Plus rims bug me too much to really get into them.

Agree 100%.

I currently have an all westside bag except for 2 felons. I would love to see a replacement for them from westside.

I would also like to see a backpack bag from them eventually as they are the only trilogy company without one.

It's coming. Very soon. Can't say it will look like the one Snaques linked to, as I haven't seen it yet, but it is coming.

I could convert to All westside I think. I've only recently been getting into there discs. I've got a Hatchet and Northman in their TP. Their plastics feel so nice. If I could get these three discs in westside equivalent I'd be set to fully convert.

Thunderbird
Pure
Envy

The extent to which I want a Westside Teebird is almost indescribable. I like the idea of the Striker, but the Lat 64 Plus rims bug me too much to really get into them.
Try a Northman. Or a Stag. Or both.
The Westside XXX/Trident would be nice. But I really miss a mid that is between the Warship and the Bard.

Official word is that there is no scheduled March 1st release this year. I imagine that is a thing of the past since they had a bunch of post-March releases in 2015. Westside does have a "large project" they are hoping to have completed around March but I have no details as to what that is.

Official word is that there is no scheduled March 1st release this year. I imagine that is a thing of the past since they had a bunch of post-March releases in 2015. Westside does have a "large project" they are hoping to have completed around March but I have no details as to what that is.

Thanks for clearing that up. Looks like Lat 64 is the brand with the late winter releases this year.

They are not completely without one, but I do understand if you don't count it as one.

Westside discs pro bag
https://varuste.net/Westside+Discs+Pro+Bag?_tu=64842

Wow, I didnt know that existed. The built in seat is cool but the materials look on the cheaper side to me.

It's coming. Very soon. Can't say it will look like the one Snaques linked to, as I haven't seen it yet, but it is coming.

I cant wait to see what it will look like. Hopefully we will get a sneak peak soon and it will be released before the summer.

I bag an Underworld, Air Giant and King. Wondering what the different plastics offer in terms of stability. Of VIP, Tournament and Elasto, how do they compare in the same mold.

Generally it's Elasto>VIP>TP but the PLH can be higher on some TP which can make them more OS.

I bag an Underworld, Air Giant and King. Wondering what the different plastics offer in terms of stability. Of VIP, Tournament and Elasto, how do they compare in the same mold.

IMO, typically premium goes like this:

OS > US

Elasto > Moonshine > VIP > Tournament >Elasto Moonshine

caveats :

I only have two Elasto Moonshine discs and both are way less high speed stable than other discs. PLHs are lower. Not sure why these mold up this way since Elasto and Moonshine have been two of the more stable blends for me. My Elasto Moonshine King still has a bunch of low speed fade if you can keep it from going roller at high speed.

I wanted to bump this thread as I have slowly but surely switched over to a pretty much all westside bag.
I am excited to try out the new queen that was released today. The king has always been just a little to wide rimmed for me to get a comfortable grip. It sounds like the queen will have a narrower grip.

Does anybody have any inside info on a possible westside discs back pack bag? I asked the same question back in January and there was some speculation that one was coming down the line. Any body know?

No but if they do make one it should be all leather with viking horns and stuff.

Does anybody have any inside info on a possible westside discs back pack bag? I asked the same question back in January and there was some speculation that one was coming down the line. Any body know?

The original plan was for the Westside backpack to debut this year, but the first product Westside received from their bag maker wasn't what they were hoping for. After some back and forth trying to fix the issues, Westside decided to go to a new manufacturer and start over. The hope is to have something in early 2017. At least, that was the last thing the sponsored team was told a couple months ago.

Reviving a bit of an old thread, BUT, I have a question for the bigger arm throwers. At 400+ ft, what is a good s-curve max distance disc? I currently throw a mixed bag, and I have straight-overstable and quite understable. It's either throw it flat and hard, or put a huge hyzer on it. Nothing that I can release at about 8 o'clock and have it pan over to the right and fade back.

I used to throw more Westside in the past and really loved the World, but I know a lot of stable-understable high speed molds have been released since a couple years ago.

You could throw the more OS Kings, Destiny or World in that slot. That would be about the stability scale too. Giant is good for Straight to fade, but some of the TP ones will turn quite a bit.

Latest posts