• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] All-Trilogy Bag

mgamache8

Eagle Member
So I normanlly throw nearly all innova and I'm looking to make an alternative, fun bag. Im liking the verdict/eMac truth/claymore/warrant for the midrange setup, so I'm good there. And I have 2 rivers that cover the straight and understable fairway shots. Here's the discs I'm trying to replace

Nova
P2
Teebird
Firebird(felon?)
Fresh thunderbird(saint pro?)
Straight thunderbird
Sidewinder
Tern
Destroyer
And then any putting putter from trilogy that u guys like

Thanks guys

Tern = Renegade
Sidewinder = Hatchet/ Maul
Thunderbird = Convict
Firebird = Felon
Destroyer = Cutlass

Nova is a tough one
P2=Warden
TeeBird=Spark?
FireBird=Felon/XXX
Fresh Thunderbird=Culverin/Convict
Straight Thunderbird=Escape?
Sidewinder=Fury
Tern=Bolt?
Destroyer=Depends on the stability (Enforcer, Trespass, Ballista, Sword, Defender)
Judge, Macana, Gauntlet, and Dagger are all putting putter options as is the Warden.

P2 = Shield
Firebird = Felon
Teebird is kind of Saint Pro...they have a bit more turn
Sidewinder = Saint (once the Saint gets beat in a bit) it will be a straight-ish Sidewinder
Thunderbird is not Saint Pro...I can just say that. Look more towards the Culverin/Longbowman area but I don't have experience
Destroyer can be anything from Trespass to Defender to Enforcer...depends on how hard you throw and what you want

Nova
P2
Teebird
Firebird(felon?)
Straight thunderbird
Sidewinder
Tern
Destroyer

This might should be in the bag suggestion area, but I'll play:

My putting putter is the Classic Warden. The Judge is beaded, but also very good.
Nova - seasoned Warden, maybe? Really no equivalent.
The Marshal can sub for the P2 (not very well, but it can sub)
Teebird - simply no equivalent. Maybe the River Pro whenever it comes out.
Firebird - probably the Felon, as you said.
Sidewinder - Fury
Tern - nothing in the immediate area. Maybe a seasoned Flow, maybe a fresh Bolt, then the Destiny is up there at Speed 14, but might be your best bet to replace the Tern.
Destroyer - maybe a Tresspass or Enforcer, but I defer to others with more experience in this area.

Last edited:
Nova- Swan 2 is probably best
P2- Macana is kind of close
Tee bird- Theyvdont have a perfect one. Thief and Stag are both close if you get the more OS versions.
Firebird- Felon or XXX
Fresh thunderbird- Longbowman
Straight thunderbird- St.Pro
Sidewinder- Underworld is good here
Tern- King is a touch faster but close.
Destroyer- Scythe is very close.

Thank your guys for all the imput. How about instead of the nova/p2, what trilogy putter setup(out of the box options only, though different plastics of one mold or similar feeling molds would be great) would you run?

Thank your guys for all the imput. How about instead of the nova/p2, what trilogy putter setup(out of the box options only, though different plastics of one mold or similar feeling molds would be great) would you run?

What I actually have is the Warden in Classic (Hard) plastic as my putting putter, a Fluid Warden that might just replace my P2 permanently for throwing/approaches, and a Westside Harp in Tournament plastic for overstable/windy weather approaches. The Warden is beadless like the Nova and P2, and I find the Warden to be more comfortable in my grubby paws than the Nova/P2. You can get the Warden in softer plastics, such as the Classic Blend, Classic Soft, etc.

There are a ton of other putters, such as the Judge, Marshal, Dagger, Sinus, etc., but the above is what I know and what I throw.

Try a Pure in replacement of the Nova. Amazing driving putters, Optos are super straight out of the box but will also hold an anny all the way.

Pure and Harp, plus whatever you wanna actually put with. I used to use Harps, Pures and putted with Swan 1s. Great combo and all felt similar enough to me.

I bag 5 Shields. 2x Medium for putting (slightly OS, make for nice spin putting and the occasional "something in my way" hyzer putt), 1x BT Hard for stable to US approaches (mold is almost neutral stable in this platinum and pretty shapeability out 200-225 for me), 1 BT Soft for straight to slight OS (will pan to flat and on occasion slightly flex out of a nice controlled anny) and 1x VIP that I drive with (I max out my Northman (my fastest driver) at 330-350 or so) and it is dead straight for 225 or so and then has a nice reliable fade the last 10-20 feet. VIP also responds well to bigger hyzers, it's no Harp, but it is a true 0/1-1.5.

That being said it is a tall putter, which some people don't like, but is perfect in the hand to me.

For your other discs, though I have said it before, I have to chime in for the Longbowman. Fantastic Thunderbird-esque disc. The fade is a little but dumpy in VIP, but in TP it picks up just a bit more glide on the low-speed. Perfectly reliable control driver for both FH and BH in either plastic though.

nova - pure
p2 - warden
teebird - nope. don'thave one, but neither does innova right now.
firebird - felon, xXx
champ tern? - vip sorcerer
destroyer - what kind? sword or trespass (distance), defender (os), giant (more os)

Nova
P2
Teebird
Firebird(felon?)
Straight thunderbird
Sidewinder
Tern
Destroyer

I"ve been slowly transitioning my bag more and more trilogy.

Putters, I don't bag trilogy, Envy/Proxy throwers and Putt with Wizards

Teebird? Can't replace yet. Still bag a Star and a Champ MF I've thought about a Spark, this thread makes me think I should go get one and see. Hoping the River Pro is it. Basically Something that fits right between a Compass and Felon.

Firebird = Felon. xXx is way more OS but I also bag one for flex shots
Fresh Thunderbird = Convict-ish, Culverin-ish I think a Thunderbird fits between them
Straight Thunderbird = Lightly seasoned Convict
Sidewinder = Can't say don't throw. Beat up Saint? That is my US driver
Tern = No idea I have a Bolt, but I think it is closer to a Katana, I don't bag anything that fast
Destroyer = Trespass for me

So I normanlly throw nearly all innova and I'm looking to make an alternative, fun bag. Im liking the verdict/eMac truth/claymore/warrant for the midrange setup, so I'm good there. And I have 2 rivers that cover the straight and understable fairway shots. Here's the discs I'm trying to replace

Thanks guys

Nova - no real equivalent
P2 - probably a Marshal
Teebird - new runs of goldline spark - old runs are super flat and beefy. or wait for a river pro
Firebird(felon?) - Felon, longbowman, or XXX depending on your comfort with rim size
Fresh thunderbird(saint pro?) - definitely not a saint pro, you'd want a convict or maybe an opto spark depending on overstability you prefer
Straight thunderbird - wait for fuzion convicts to come out, or try a moonshine escape
Sidewinder - Fury
Tern - renegade
Destroyer - could be a giant, enforcer, trespass, or cutlass depending on the type of destroyers you like. Personally I use an array of giants

I putt with Judges, have since they came out. Find one you like the feel of.

Last edited:
I only have a few suggestions here.

Teebird: replace with a Thief
Sidewinder: replace with an Escape
Destroyer: replace with Trespass

I bag two Sidewinders, one Starlite (156g), and one Champion (175g). I throw them a lot, and have had others before these. I don't have a long experience throwing, only about a year, but it's almost certainly the disc I've thrown the most, and the Escape feels to me identical to a similar weight Star Sidewinder when it's in the Fuzion plastic. Can't say enough good things about it (as a replacement for a Sidewinder). You'll find more variance from different weight/plastic in Sidewinders that you would from a Sidewinder of similar weight and plastic to the Escape.

The Thief I had was in Lucid. I lost it recently, and replaced it with a Star Teebird. It was not an EXACT match, but close enough.

I had a Star Destroyer that I lost that threw exactly the same as my Husband's Fuzion Trespass at similar weights.

No, I'm not a big Dynamic Discs fangirl or anything. It just seems like their discs show up in the used disc bin near me, so tend to get a slot in my bag.

The Thief I had was in Lucid. I lost it recently, and replaced it with a Star Teebird. It was not an EXACT match, but close enough.

Surprised by this info. The lucid thiefs that I threw were more understable than a domey river.

I WOULD say that the Star Teebird I have was more overstable (new) than the Lucid Thief (in good condition). I wouldn't say it's a ton more overstable. The Thief was my Stable fairway driver. Now the Teebird is on that slot.

I'm sure a Champion Teebird would be WAY more overstable than a Lucid Thief.

(I seem to recall the Thief was 172g, versus a 175g Teebird, if that matters)

I WOULD say that the Star Teebird I have was more overstable (new) than the Lucid Thief (in good condition). I wouldn't say it's a ton more overstable. The Thief was my Stable fairway driver. Now the Teebird is on that slot.

I'm sure a Champion Teebird would be WAY more overstable than a Lucid Thief.

(I seem to recall the Thief was 172g, versus a 175g Teebird, if that matters)

I think the Thief is much closer to an FD or TL than a Teebird. I say this from experience throwing Thiefs currently and Teebirds in the past. I love the Thief, but a new Dx Teebird should be more stable than a new Lucid Thief if the weights are equal(of course there are some rare exceptions).

Nova
P2
Teebird
Firebird(felon?)
Straight thunderbird
Sidewinder
Tern
Destroyer

Thanks guys

I actually just did this as well, more to give a new tryout on some discs. I got some good advice that trying to use these relating discs could be a good starting point, but don't go into it trying to replace exactly your Innova discs. However, i can try and tell you what i've found so far that has worked in some areas. Here's what i'm bagging now and why/what they relate closely to:

Long-Range:
VIP Giant - OS Driver (new beefy Destroyer)
Fusion Trespass - main driver (beat in Destroyer)
VIP Sword - straighter max distance (thought it would be a good Tern replacement but its more like a longer Krait per say, not as under stable but still goes pretty far)

Fairway:
GL Culverin - main FW (newer Champ Thunderbird. not as OS as a Star)
Lucid Felon - OS FW (more like a star Firebird not FAF)
VIP Stag - straight FW (was told was more like an Eagle than Teebird and this or Saint Pro is prob closest but will still have some turn)
GL River - straight to US shots (Star TL/Star Leopard3)
Lucid Witness - US FW (prob a less speed Archangel) its pretty US

Mids:
Lucid Verdict - OS (not really sure where it'll line up. i feel like its a little more stable than a Roc, but i had moved over to using a Buzzz and BuzzzOS so i don't have a ton of comparisons to Innova mids
Lucid EMac Truth - Straight
Lucid warrant - US (prob close to a Stingray)

Putters:
VIP Harp - OS approach (sits right in between a Gator and Rhyno IMO)
Opto Pure - straight approach (this is what i chose to replace my Nova, but it flies further and doesn't stick where it lands like the Nova does, but its a solid replacement. I would think maybe something in a different plastic might be closer

Latest posts