• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Almost quit today

This is why I don't leave my keys or wallet in my bag.

Of course, I also wouldn't leave my bag unattended near a tee pad while I was a hundred yards away in the woods for a half hour but that's just me.

I do sympathize for you just the same.

Curious where you leave your keys.

I feel the chances of my keys falling out of my pocket are about 1000 times greater than someone taking my bag.

Curious where you leave your keys.

I feel the chances of my keys falling out of my pocket are about 1000 times greater than someone taking my bag.

Same place they are any other day. In my pockets.

I typically remain in a vertical position during my rounds and have never had anything fall out of my pockets. I've even gone down a few times in some sort of slip/trip/fall and haven't had anything fall out of my pockets.

I did lose a nice pair of Oakley sunglasses recently though. I had taken them off as the sun had gone behind heavy clouds and placed them on top of my hat. Must have exited my head during a throw and I never noticed until later in the round when the sun peeked out and I wanted them.

I typically remain in a vertical position during my rounds and have never had anything fall out of my pockets. I've even gone down a few times in some sort of slip/trip/fall and haven't had anything fall out of my pockets.

I did lose a nice pair of Oakley sunglasses recently though. I had taken them off as the sun had gone behind heavy clouds and placed them on top of my hat. Must have exited my head during a throw and I never noticed until later in the round when the sun peeked out and I wanted them.

Sunglasses often get plucked off your hat or head while ducking through some brush or branches. To make matters worse, they often get hung up on the branch or in the brush, making them VERY difficult to spot when going back to look. DOH!

I wear basketball shorts or some kind of athletic pants. And keep my mini and a small towel in my pocket. And I'm constantly dropping one thing out of my pocket when I grab the other. Or having them fall out when I'm throwing some kind of shot from a 60 degree slope.

I've never "lost" sunglasses, but I've crushed them as they fell off my head during throws before. And I broke pairs pulling the strap to a shoulder bag over my head. One thing I like about backpacks is that I break less sunglasses.

(I never lose anything out of my pants/shorts because I can't play with anything in those pockets. Throws me off balance, wqhich I'm 9% sure is purely mental. Everything goes in my bag/cart.)

So I posted in a few other threads about me thinking I lost my MF Roc3 the other day by not picking it up even though I remember vaguely grabbing it not to mention I went back an hour later and it was nowhere to be found on the hole I threw it on.

Well, it turns out I actually had a lot of discs stolen out of my bag at some point while I played a round last week.

I don't know how but I noticed today that not only was my MF Roc3 missing which I thought I just didn't pick up which is very unlike me considering I have pretty bad OCD and will literally count all my discs in my head after each hole.

Basically I noticed today that not only was my Roc3 gone, but so was my RFF Wizard (that one hurts bad too as it is my absolute favorite putter/mold from Gateway), a PFN Innova Coyote which I didn't throw at all that day, my brand new Star Rancho Roc (another disc I didn't throw at all that day) as well as a Champion Teebird.

PFN Coyote, you say?

I was at Maple Hill a month or so back and while flipping thru the clearance bin i came across a PFN Champion one. Think i only paid $8-10 for it. I don't bag one but i figured that i'd run across someone that does.........

Last edited:

The only reason why I'm against putting my keys in my DG is on the off chance I stupidly and accidentally forget they are in my bag still then I proceed to shut my car doors / lock them.

And of course this would probably happen to me when I'm like 5+ hours away from home / my spare key.

PFN Coyote, you say?

I was at Maple Hill a month or so back and while flipping thru the clearance bin i came across a PFN Champion one. Think i only paid $8-10 for it. I don't bag one but i figured that i'd run across someone that does.........

They still sell PFN Coyotes on Innova's Factory site as they never made Coyotes with flight numbers so every Coyote is PFN.

Like I said before, wasn't a huge fan of the disc and I have a Mako3 which looks/feels almost identical to a Coyote.

Missed that response.

I'm a huge Mako/Mako3 fan so maybe i'll bag that Coyote for comparison.

So apparently the Coyote is a tiny bit overstable according to the flight numbers they give but almost everyone I've talked to that has throw one said it was actually understable.

I would pretty much use the Coyote only on times where I needed the disc to do a little turn at the very end on 250 or less ft RHBH throws. Throw it on even the slightest anni and it'll turn right every damn time.

Huge anny throw-in with the Mako is what earned me this ^ nickname.

Well my dude, you will absolutely love the Coyote and I hope they send you a good one that is actually understable. You'll love it so much you'll forget RHFH is even a thing that exists.

I think I remember Big Jerm posting a video about a month or two back about his car getting broken into and him losing a bunch of really sentimental discs that had aces.

It absolutely sucks and can make you wanna take a break but at the end of the day, I love throwing discs even when I'm not playing so well so it'd take a lot more than stolen discs to really make me hang it up for good.

It was just two OOP discs (that happened to be my two absolute favorite ones) and three replaceable ones.

And Paul Ulibarri had discs stolen from his mom's car around that same time.

And Paul Ulibarri had discs stolen from his mom's car around that same time.

Dang, really?? Sounds like a Jomez-related job.

Someone really paid off professional criminals to steal from those guys all cuz they didn't like Jerm's comments about BBQ. :wall:

Dang, really?? Sounds like a Jomez-related job.

Someone really paid off professional criminals to steal from those guys all cuz they didn't like Jerm's comments about BBQ. :wall:

:D Love it. Actually, my guess is that more pros have had discs/bags/equipment stolen but it hasn't been made public like Uli and Big Jerm. Those two are the 'face' of Jomez and have a place to air it out. I think the issue is that discs have become way more valuable due to Covid and the rise of the sport. "Regular" players are having discs stolen because of their worth - many players have OOP, signed, and rare discs in their bags. Pros are having it happen due to value of having a disc with a pro's name on it - the disc might not be valuable "today" because people know it is stolen....but in a year or two? Could be big bucks.

I'm not sure it is a covid thing. Locals have pretty consistently had their bags stolen since I've started disc golf.

Latest posts