• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Almost there?

saaber

Par Member
Hi there DGCR, this is my first post. I've been a member for almost a year but have done nothing but lurk. This site has helped guide me towards significant improvement, but now it is time to open myself to critique, so here we go...

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: about 11 years total. 10 casually, 1-2 seriously.
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some shorter FH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: Yeti Aviar: 240/315'; Buzzz: 330/360'; Valkyrie: 390/420'

Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: A bum left ankle, right shoulder injury from baseball
Other sport proficiencies?: Baseball, wrestling, football.... though I would hurt myself if I tried those today
What do you like/dislike about your current bag?: I feel I have most every shot covered, and am usually more than happy with my bag, but it still doesn't quite feel complete. I feel I am missing something great, perhaps a disc that could perform better or more consistently or a shot type I can't cover.
Specific areas of desired feedback: Am I missing anything? Or in the other direction, am I carrying too many discs? Should I consider any other discs for rolling?
Immediate and long-term goals: I'd like to have more accuracy and increase my distance via smooth, consistent throws. Work on my rollers.

Bag:

Drivers (weight/plastic/model/(condition)/use):
175 Star Teebird, perfectly beat, straight to turnover, sweep hyzers. Golf distance consistently 360+
172 Star Teebird, almost new, most overstable TB I have, hyzers and mild headwind shots
145 DX Teebird, beat, rollers and moderate tailwind throws.
10x KCpro Eagle, super gummy and delicious, weight unknown but feels heavy, much more OS and a tad longer than my TBs, wind does not seem to deter this bird.
167 5x JK pro Valkyrie, well-beaten but still quite stable. My farthest driver. Used for long anny, long slow turnovers, huge low sweep hyzers. Reliable fade in all but strong wind. The 3rd disc I ever purchased.
X-out gummy Valkyrie, weight unknown but feels mid 160's. Beat. Long sweeping anny and turnover shots, spike hyzers that I need to flip flat and glide.
175 Star Valkyrie, beat to hell. My most US Valkyrie that I throw in tailwinds when I want a little less glide from my Valks, or if need to make damn sure it won't fade out.
175 CFR Glow Leopard, fairly beat but still quite stable. My go to, jack of all trades driver. Nine times out of ten if I don't know what to drive with, this leo will step up and perform. Hyzer, anhyzer, hyzer flips, straight, it does them all with a reliable fade.
171 Star Leopard, beat to hell. Steep anhyzers, extreme hyzer flips.
164 Gold Line River, relatively new. This disc wants to beat out my leopards and my valkyries. It has been one of the most amazing discs to throw, it can hit lines I never thought possible, but the slightest hint of wind and it's usually done, whereas my valks and leos seem to thrive with wind.
174 Star Beast, pretty beat, distance when I have less room to work a valk or leo.
175 12x Champion Firebird, newish, my workhorse headwind thrower.
175 11x flat Champ Firebird, super OS, strong skips shots, BH dogleg lefts, FH workhorse, almost more of a mid in all but strong headwinds, when it becomes my go-to driver.
Pro Firebird-L, new but from an old run, hyzers, headwinds, less OS than my 12x champ FB. My longest OS driver.

Mids:
165 Champion Panther, not new but not too beaten, turnovers, annys, flex shots to 350', short rollers, workhorse mid
175 z buzz, beat, straight to turn, hyzerflips, workhorse mid.
177 esp flx buzz, beat, mild hyzer, dead nuts straight, slight turnovers, workhorse mid.
177 crystal flx buzz, newish, hyzers, spike hyzers, less glide than my other buzzes. Backup for my esp flx buzz.
I use my buzzes less as a mid and more like a short driver.
175 cfr glow gator, new, glide less OS mid for when i need a little more D than my rhynos can give me or if the headwind is a little too strong for my rhynos.
170 z comet, new, super glidey workhorse does everything

Putters:
175 4x Yeti Aviar, beat, main putting putter, turnover and anny drives/upshots
175 R-Pro Rhyno, newish, hyzers, straight with fade, short flex shots, better brakes than my glow rhyno.
175 CFR glow Rhyno, new, straight with fade, hyzers, more stable than my r-pro
170 DX Polecat, new, straight glidey approaches and drives, turnover approaches with glide

I certainly carry more discs than most, but I also know them quite well.
If you have any comments, questions, or suggestions, please let me know.

And sorry for the tl;dr :\

So. Many. Discs. :eek:

I'd try and trim some overlapping discs if you can. Maybe the Eagle, the x-out valk, Beast, and FL. Also maybe the Crystal FLX Buzzz (use a Rhyno more). You're getting pretty good distances so I'd flirt with a faster, stable to overstable driver to pair with the Valks and River.

Welcome to the site.

Latest posts