• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Alum Creek in Westerville OH

thelorn

Bogey Member
Anyone know what's up with the memorial that's placed on one of the holes? I can't remember which hole since I was caught by surprise. It's like a memorial you see where someone unfortunately died and it's placed about 20-30ft behind a basket. Was just wondering if it was placed for a disc golfer or someone sadly was found there? It's pretty deep in the woods and looks to be well kept with fresh flowers placed, was something you don't expect to see behind a basket.

Was wondering that yesterday, down the hill behind the basket? Probably don't want to know, was pretty sad to see it without knowing.

Not a disc golfer. It was there prior to the course going in. Don't know anymore than that. I would guess a drowning.

It's been there as long as I've been playing Alum, and we've speculated about it for years. I too assume it was a drowning, as I can't see how a car could make it down there, and even a motorcycle accident seems unlikely.

It always freaks me out a little too. I've often wondered about it, and assumed a drowning or boat accident. Although it is close to the road, could have been an auto fatality I guess.

Not 100% sure, but I believe this is your answer

The death of a man whose body was found yesterday in the woods of Alum Creek State Park has been ruled a homicide by the Delaware County sheriff's office.
Authorities are now awaiting results of an autopsy to determine the man's identity and how he died. But an incident report filed with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources indicates that the body might belong to a Columbus man reported missing this month.

Relatives of Orlin Abrego, 18, told park officers they discovered the body near a boat ramp along Africa Road on Sunday, according to the ODNR report.

although, some folks claim it's for one of the dead prostitutes

In January and March 2005, the bodies of two Columbus prostitutes were found dumped near the Alum Creek Reservoir. David L. Bruce was charged in the deaths of Melonie M. Carr, 33, and Tawana L. Beane, 40. Prosecutors dismissed that case last year, but retained the right to seek an indictment in the future.

http://www.dispatch.com/content/stories/local/2007/08/20/body.html

Latest posts