• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Am I wrong?

A month or so ago I posted on dgscene asking if anyone would be interested in a Weds Night Doubles League at my private course out here in the sticks. The 5 courses I posted in are 30-60 mins from me (closest courses) and I've been playing them for many years. Hell, I even put in two of those courses on my own dime and time.

I guess it was a big NO-NO because there is a SUPER LEAGUE with 100+ people playing on the same night at a course even further away (1hr 15mins) and I must have come across as trying to lure away their players. Really? Seriously? I didn't even post on that course's page but still recieved a few PM's basically saying "How dare you?" and "Did you even check with the local club and ask permission first?"

Ask permission? When did they buy that public park and spend countless hours and own $$$ on the damn thing?

C'mon, I didn't even post anything on that course, which again is an 1hr and 15 mins away (even longer if you add in traffic) and I'm stealing people away from them and their 100+ Super League? "They might see your post on that X course and might not play our overcrowded Y course"

????????

So I guess you're not allowed to have a league at your own private course because you might steal people away from a super league at a public course 50 miles away? I guess they won cause only 1 person showed up here...

That's some BS

I'd play at your league, DonnyV! :)

That said, this sounds like a slightly different issue than the OP's.

I guess the point you should take away from it is that dgscene is teh suxxors. :p :D

Thanks Juke

IDK, I didn't mean to step on their toes but I guess I must have.

I ended up finding a group on FB (even though I really don't care for facebook) who formed a local league near me. The guys and gals are really cool! They're thrilled to play my course too! I even found out about other private courses and new public ones being built as we speak.

Thank you Jesus :)

This is great for an area that had only 3 public nine-hole courses in the county. Now we have a few 18 hole courses in the works. I even offered to use my course for fundraising. I hope to use my baskets for temp courses at the two nine-hole courses I did to help gain steam and donations so we can finish their back nines.

I guess the lesson I learned is that not all of FB is evil and that there are still good people out there on the web. Just gotta know where to look

A month or so ago I posted on dgscene asking if anyone would be interested in a Weds Night Doubles League at my private course out here in the sticks. The 5 courses I posted in are 30-60 mins from me (closest courses) and I've been playing them for many years. Hell, I even put in two of those courses on my own dime and time.

I guess it was a big NO-NO because there is a SUPER LEAGUE with 100+ people playing on the same night at a course even further away (1hr 15mins) and I must have come across as trying to lure away their players. Really? Seriously? I didn't even post on that course's page but still recieved a few PM's basically saying "How dare you?" and "Did you even check with the local club and ask permission first?"

Ask permission? When did they buy that public park and spend countless hours and own $$$ on the damn thing?

C'mon, I didn't even post anything on that course, which again is an 1hr and 15 mins away (even longer if you add in traffic) and I'm stealing people away from them and their 100+ Super League? "They might see your post on that X course and might not play our overcrowded Y course"

????????

So I guess you're not allowed to have a league at your own private course because you might steal people away from a super league at a public course 50 miles away? I guess they won cause only 1 person showed up here...

That's some BS

That is BS, but don't let em win. what does that league do to attract so many players? And dont fool yourself, Facebook is evil.

Last edited:

????????

That's some BS

Yeah, that's some top-shelf BS. That is just more confirmation that many DG'ers are entitled DB's.

you were wrong just admit to yourself instead of asking strangers on dgcr to say its ok what u did

There is such a thing as being an accidental douche. Happens to everyone. But, that's better than being an on purpose douche. Wouldn't you agree? You seem to be in a position at the moment to understand the difference.:p

There is such a thing as being an accidental douche. Happens to everyone. But, that's better than being an on purpose douche. Wouldn't you agree? You seem to be in a position at the moment to understand the difference.:p

kind of like how you are being an accidental troll perhaps?

Baffled but not surprised

Was on facebook and noticed a post about the upcoming weekly doubles at my home course, it invited people to come out and gave some details, etc. I posted that I would not be there because of a tourney I was going to on the same day and that there were still spots available if anyone was interested. A little later the OP sent me a message saying he did not appreciate me doing that and that it was a BS move. He also removed my post. Was I in the wrong to do that?

I don't see anything wrong, there are a lot of options out there these days. I have seen other people get their panties in a bunch over similar things. A local club was having a workday at one of the courses, and one of the members got all high and mighty when another member posted that they were playing singles at a course 45 minutes away instead of going to the work day. The owner of a local private course won't even talk about other courses, and the members of that private course won't even talk about events at other local courses.

I truly think what he did was
wrong and is seeking out strangers approval online to justify his wrongdoing

What he did was wrong and by creating a thread I suspect he knows it

Just curious though, why do you think it was wrong? It doesn't sound to me like there was any ulterior motive. Part of the sport growing is that there are a lot of playing options.

Last edited:
I don't see anything wrong, there are a lot of options out there these days. I have seen other people get their panties in a bunch over similar things. A local club was having a workday at one of the courses, and one of the members got all high and mighty when another member posted that they were playing singles at a course 45 minutes away instead of going to the work day. The owner of a local private course won't even talk about other courses, and the members of that private course won't even talk about events at other local courses.

Ive had workdays where someone posts that since no event was scheduled (due to workday) lets all get together and play instead

Yes entitled disc golfers really are the scum of the earth

Just curious though, why was it wrong?

that is essentially like posting an ad for business A on a billboard set up by business B

I dont care much for straight payout events as I support events that suport a cause or course events primarily but this is bad form imo

why not just start your own thread instead of hijacking?

that is essentially like posting an ad for business A on a billboard set up by business B

I dont care much for straight payout events as I support events that suport a cause or course events primarily but this is bad form imo

why not just start your own thread instead of hijacking?

Ah, I wasn't seeing it from that perspective. When I was competing a lot, it was understood that a lot of the club members would play in tournaments if they were nearby. It was never seen as a slight to the local leagues at all.

If you run a league during the weekend, you need to expect that some guys will be playing tourneys. This is why you run them during the week.

DGCR where people come to argue about throwing frisbees in something that looks like a grill….

where we discuss a game that 95% of the world doesnt know exists and 4% laugh at and the last 1% argues about etiquete of facebook posting

That's close to 300 million people laughing at disc golf. I'm not sure that many people are yet aware of it.

Latest posts