• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amateur Tournament Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would you cite or direct me to the PDGA language supporting your statement?

i cannot, it just goes to reason. The PGA defines a professional as anyone who has received greater than $750 in cash or merchandise in a single event, i just assumed the PDGA would have a similar rule, but it appears theirs only applies to cash. I would expect this to change in short order as the PDGA ups their game.

The PGA Rule:

An amateur golfer must not accept a prize (other than a symbolic prize) or prize voucher of retail value in excess of $750 or the equivalent, or such a lesser figure as may be decided by the Governing Body. This limit applies to the total prizes or prize vouchers received by an amateur golfer in any one competition or series of competitions.

I recommend you education yourself on which circumstances a Pro may play Am under PDGA rules.

Pros have plenty of Tournaments to play in - this is for Amateurs only. Perhaps the PDGA will give us their blessing on this concept.

As I said earlier. You don't know disc golf tournament players. It's not something you can learn by reading anything or talking to anyone.

I imagine they are like Baseball players, Golfers, etc . . . They love competition and they love to win. They can enjoy both within our Tournament Series.

People "learn" to become Accountants, etc by reading, talking and doing. We will "do" this, and will seek assistance from the Disc Golf community and a few current Tournament Directors.

BTW - received this message last night from a Tournament Director, who is also a Vendor in relation to our proposed concept:

" That sounds really good. I think you will get a full field. "

I know from TD'ing in South Carolina that many courses require insurance.

If sanctioned by the PDGA - they provide that for a small fee. If not sanctioned - it's $100 or so from Lloyd's . . .

Also, I suggest not having Hooters girls there to hand out prizes, etc.

Why not? In addition to other Sponsors - we are going to reach out to Hooters to become a Sponsor. They are in all of our Cities.

This here seems pretty sketchy to me. When your buddy just misses the cut, but then makes it in on a "random" selection, people may start to connect the dots.

Ha. Really?

We will do the Random At Large selection via Facebook Live. Please give us a little credit for having integrity . . .

i cannot, it just goes to reason. The PGA defines a professional as anyone who has received greater than $750 in cash or merchandise in a single event, i just assumed the PDGA would have a similar rule, but it appears theirs only applies to cash. I would expect this to change in short order as the PDGA ups their game.

I know plenty of Golf Tournaments that have given away Motorcycles, Cars, etc.

From my conversation with the PDGA, they only stipulate no "Cash" . . .

I'm gonna call it.

Troll thread.

Why?

Have some faith man. I'm not here to waste my time. I'm here to get feedback and opinions. I have learned a lot so far from just this thread.

We have two Tournament Directors that love the concept and are willing to help us put on a great event. That is one of the things I found out about the Disc Golf Community - peeps will step up and help each other.

Why?

Have some faith man. I'm not here to waste my time. I'm here to get feedback and opinions. I have learned a lot so far from just this thread.

We have two Tournament Directors that love the concept and are willing to help us put on a great event. That is one of the things I found out about the Disc Golf Community - peeps will step up and help each other.

Are you new to the Internet and social media?

On here you can be anything you want others to believe you are. If you are going to act like you can't understand why some would be skeptical then, imo, you are either gullible or a troll.

We will see. You are enthusiastic about it in here.

If you're real, good luck. But like I said, this is the Internet.

Are you new to the Internet and social media?

On here you can be anything you want others to believe you are. If you are going to act like you can't understand why some would be skeptical then, imo, you are either gullible or a troll.

We will see. You are enthusiastic about it in here.

If you're real, good luck. But like I said, this is the Internet.

To label someone a "troll" is a little rough - but, I get it.

My name is Tom Coleman. I'm just a normal guy. I live in Portal, Georgia. Little ole town in Bulloch County, located about 75 miles from both Augusta, GA and Savannah, GA.

I'm an Insurance Agent. My wife & I operate a marketing company, including Signs, Banners, Printing, etc.

Last week, I got really excited about Disc Golf and the opportunities it presents for a cool Tournament Series. We aren't out to change the world - just have some fun and make some money hosting exciting, competitive Disc Golf Tournaments.

We'll have a landing page and Facebook, InstaGram and Twitter soon. TikTok also seems like it would be a great way to encourage excitement and participation.

With us escrowing all Player Entry Fees with a 3rd Party - there is ZERO risk for the Players.

All I ask, is for folks to keep an open mind and give us a chance.

To label someone a "troll" is a little rough - but, I get it.

My name is Tom Coleman. I'm just a normal guy. I live in Portal, Georgia. Little ole town in Bulloch County, located about 75 miles from both Augusta, GA and Savannah, GA.

I'm an Insurance Agent. My wife & I operate a marketing company, including Signs, Banners, Printing, etc.

Last week, I got really excited about Disc Golf and the opportunities it presents for a cool Tournament Series. We aren't out to change the world - just have some fun and make some money hosting exciting, competitive Disc Golf Tournaments.

We'll have a landing page and Facebook, InstaGram and Twitter soon. TikTok also seems like it would be a great way to encourage excitement and participation.

With us escrowing all Player Entry Fees with a 3rd Party - there is ZERO risk for the Players.

All I ask, is for folks to keep an open mind and give us a chance.
Hi, Tom. I'm Jerry. JW or Jay Dub works. :)

I used to do a lot for disc golf in my younger days. Now I donate a dime here and there.

That "making money" thing you mentioned. The thing with that is there are many experienced TDs who do that for nothing. If I would put my support behind someone making money off a tournament it wouldn't be a new comer.

There are worse things in life than being called a troll. :)

Hi, Tom. I'm Jerry. JW or Jay Dub works. :)

I used to do a lot for disc golf in my younger days. Now I donate a dime here and there.

That "making money" thing you mentioned. The thing with that is there are many experienced TDs who do that for nothing. If I would put my support behind someone making money off a tournament it wouldn't be a new comer.

There are worse things in life than being called a troll. :)

Nice to meet you J-Dub [ like what I did there ]

Not trying to get rich with this. If I net $10k per Event [ 2 months of my life ] - I'll be happy. $0 of that will come from Player Entry Fees. I project to make my money off of Sponsorships, Vendor Commissions, Concessions, Adverting Fees, etc in the beginning.

Perhaps after we have an awesome initial Tournament Series, we can "earn" your support. Fair enough?

p.s. - my wife and all her Family are from the Washington Courthouse, Ohio area ;)

Netting 10K off a tournament won't go over well with the participants.

Get to know tournament disc golfers and their expectations.

Doesn't matter what he/TD makes as long as he delivers what he promises to the field which is 90% of entries plus player pack value.

Doesn't matter what he/TD makes as long as he delivers what he promises to the field which is 90% of entries plus player pack value.

I still think there would be some backlash. But you make sense.

I still prefer to see a veteran do that but I guess they have the chance to do whatever Tom here is trying.

Running a 5 event Tournament Series is a lot work. $10k is minimal. I hope to grow the Brand and make it worth a lot more . . .

Player Entry Fees minus transactional charges are paid into the Prize Pool. I'll make my $$ via the methods mentioned above.

I still think there would be some backlash. But you make sense.

I still prefer to see a veteran do that but I guess they have the chance to do whatever Tom here is trying.

As per my conversation with a local TD - there is plenty of meat on the bone for everyone.

All things great start somewhere . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.