• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amateur World Doubles at Selah Ranch, Texas

roblee

Birdie Member
I just got a notice that 2013 PDGA Am World Doubles is on. John and Dee Houck are planning something big this year at the new private Selah Ranch course. They expect 108 teams. Lots of activities, remote, camping ($10/nite), motels 15-40 minutes away. A fun tourney with an old school "Happening" atmosphere. Find details and Houck's "circularproductions.com". A little, well a lot, pricey; $210 per team, but lots of goings on. This is NOT a Texas tournament (any more).

SENIORS WANTED: There has never been a Senior Grand Masters division at Am World Dubs. That can change. They have reserved up to 4 spots if we can get commitments and paid entries soon. I will bring one. Who else? Let's make this happen!

This is already almost full, last email showed that there were 10 spots left. john and Dee outdid themselves this year, Disc Golf Planet TV, radio, newspaper, tons of local vendors, and over 300 volunteers.

Last news showed a 3 disc players pack plus shirt and mini and other goodies, so far Millinium, Innova, and Discraft have stepped up to help with the sponsorship package, seems like Vibram, DD, Prodigy, Discmania, Legacy need to get in gear and throw in some plastic for the package and make this one hell of a year at Selah.

Still no word on which courses are used for which formats, but the formats are..
1 round Best Disc (played like singles, take the lower of yours or your partners score)
1 Round Best Shot (traditional doubles)
1 Round Alternating (you pick who throws first on the first hole only, then alt all the way through)
Final Round (6 hole best shot, 6 holes best disc, 6 holes worst shot both have to make the putt) this is for advanced only, i believe intermediate play same but 3,3,3

Come on and lets get these other disc companies on board and get some more product out there in an already great players pack!

Ill be there this year, this will make my second year playing dubs..we've got a group of about 10-12 people coming for this one..

if there are any women who just wanna go for the experience my mom is looking for a partner she is a great putter but she hasnt played in a while and she cant throw past 300ft but she is fun to play with i guarantee that

this is one of just a few tourneys left on my tourney bucket list, gonna try for next year...

if there are any women who just wanna go for the experience my mom is looking for a partner she is a great putter but she hasnt played in a while and she cant throw past 300ft but she is fun to play with i guarantee that

Thats pretty awesome I hope she finds a partner...not a hard pitch... putts well cant bomb it but guaranteed to be a fun partner

You would need to sweet talk the wife, my newborn, and my graduate school advisor ;-)

over the year to plan for it, i believe the soon to be toddler and grad school advisor would be the easy ones to get past, the wife might take some work:D

I cant wait for this one!

This is definitely not a Texas Tournament anymore, my partner is driving in from Florida!

Most certainly not, me and my brother are flying in from Ontario. Anybody know of a shuttle or airporter to get us from the airport to the ranch?

Are you flying into DFW? If so there's no way a driver would take you out there it's almost 2 hours away from DFW. You're going to need to rent a car for sure.

Seniors Wanted! come on there must certainly be some gray warriors out there wanting a challenge. i can't offer bribes, but ill have quality cold brews in my rv. john has given us 4 slots. one of them will be the first SG1 am world dud champions-EVER! Find Bumgarter and the other silverbacks out there and lets put on a show. got to move fast.

Scanlon, PM me we may be able to arrange something, depending on where you come in to and when, in conjunction with our schedule. or email me [email protected] see if we can work something out, i am 45min east of DFW, partner is 30 south, but alot of people coming from fort worth

My partner and I sent our registration in this morning for MA2. Hopefully we made it in. Will be our first AM World Doubles and it looks to be an awesome time!

my mom still needs a woman partner i think. she signed up in ma2 today with my lil bro but im sure they are to late. any girls wanna play we have a cabin and everything already

Latest posts