• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amateur World Doubles at Selah Ranch, Texas

Think its pathetic that with less than a month to a "major" that you dont know the format for each of the courses

Think its pathetic that with less than a month to a "major" that you dont know the format for each of the courses

I guess I would have to agree. Would like to know this too... Specifically, what teeboxes my division is playing from.

Thanks for your patience, folks. Today is the day we announce the formats.

There's never been a big event at Selah, so we've had no precedent of round times to go by, especially round times for different tees. The schedule has been tight at Wimberley the last couple years, and we know that rounds at Selah will take longer, so scheduling is a tricky matter. We were able to get some ideas after Paige and Eric's fundraiser, so we've used that data and will post here and on Facebook today.

Thanks for your patience, folks. Today is the day we announce the formats.

There's never been a big event at Selah, so we've had no precedent of round times to go by, especially round times for different tees. The schedule has been tight at Wimberley the last couple years, and we know that rounds at Selah will take longer, so scheduling is a tricky matter. We were able to get some ideas after Paige and Eric's fundraiser, so we've used that data and will post here and on Facebook today.

One of the main reasons I find it interesting that all cards won't be driving around on the carts.

Well, since it hasn't been posted here yet...

Here is the format information for this year's event. Everything is essentially the same as in previous years, except that the courses are obviously different, and there are no White tees this year.

All divisions will play Alternating Shot and Best Disc on the Lakeside course.

All divisions will play Best Shot on the Creekside Course.

Advanced (MA1) will play an 18-hole final on Creekside.

All other divisions will play a 9-hole final on Lakeside

All divisions will play from the Blue tees

(The only exception to the above will be Senior Grandmaster and Legends divisions, who will have slightly different formats and will play Red Tees)

One full round of best shot, and its at the Creekside course. Interesting. I'm guessing the final will be a 666 format on Creekside?

Ok boys, my partner may not be able to make it, I don't know if its legal to find another partner at this point or not, but if it is I may need a standby for advanced. We got second last year so I'm looking for someone who is good. Pm if interested and well talk.

Getting closer...My excitement is building! I'll bring some LEDs and probably play some glow golf on Thursday night when I'm normally working. A group of us did that at Paige and Emac's fundraiser tournament.

The wind better not blow like it did at creek side on hole 17 and hole 18 yesterday. If it does there will be a lot of long faces. Lost 5 discs yesterday to the water with my noodle arm. Good luck to all next weekend.

The wind better not blow like it did at creek side on hole 17 and hole 18 yesterday. If it does there will be a lot of long faces. Lost 5 discs yesterday to the water with my noodle arm. Good luck to all next weekend.

Ya 18 can get brutal with a big wind!

40% chance of showers for Friday through Sunday, plan ahead!

Anybody else staying at Super 8 in Mt Vernon?

A heads up for those of you who have never been to Selah, or who are from out of state. Mount Vernon is a dry town, so certain provisions will need to be made prior to getting into town. Each city just east and west are both wet so you can fill up there, but they are not really close to the course so be sure to stock up enough. Also at exit 146 there is a bag you own ice stop that is cheap, i think $2 for 16#. If you are from out of state remember in Texas they do not start to sell provisions before Noon on Sundays, so necessary arrangements will need to be made Saturday night.

I'm surprised women are playing longs. I think if the women players were consulted, we probably all prefer shorts.