• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amateur World Doubles at Selah Ranch, Texas

I'm surprised women are playing longs. I think if the women players were consulted, we probably all prefer skorts.
ftfy :D

I've heard John catch some flak in the past for Pro Ladies tees, so my guess is that he's respecting the wishes for big-girl britches. Honestly I'm more invested in the skorts joke; no telling why the long tees. The landing zone's never too far away though... only the traps and snares :)

I've heard John catch some flak in the past for Pro Ladies tees, so my guess is that he's respecting the wishes for big-girl britches. Honestly I'm more invested in the skorts joke; no telling why the long tees. The landing zone's never too far away though... only the traps and snares :)

But we are not pro ladies. We're mostly rated in the 700s and low 800s, which is lower than the senior grand masters and legends who will be playing short tees. I think some of those forced water carries will turn out to be nightmares for us from tees slick with rain and mud.

I agree with you that it will enhance the speed of play, however this is not the forum to address these issues, email john at [email protected] or message him on the Facebook link to be safe.

If it is a decision that is unanimous among the ladies I do not see a problem with him changing it as the speed of play for the rest of the tournament will be compromised with a lot of OB and long tees.

So my partner a 977 rated player just got into a car accident. Anyone with similar skills interested in playing? If so pm me.

FYI he still has not said he is for sure out, but i am expecting the worst.

If there is any wind and/or rain at all, I can't imagine Am Women playing the longs. Heck, even in good weather.

No offense, of course.

That does suck. I hope you get another partner lined up!

I also hope for nice weather, but if not, my partner is the best bad weather player I have ever thrown with BY FAR. So I'm not too worried!

We are just going to have fun and check out the scene anyway. If I wanted to truly compete I'd play MA2. My partner was rated 938 so we had to step it up to Advanced. Like I said, I am truly going to have FUN and get my sexy a$$ on some internet TV...ok I made that last part up.

Hey I heard this will be broadcast on TV in Dallas/Houston/Austin...is this true? I would love to get a copy of the coverage if anybody can hook this up...will pay good or give you a nice disc for a DVD copy.

On a side note, I will have some extra BLACK ZOMBIE gear with me if anybody is interested in acquiring some...shirts, hoodies, dri-fits, etc. Shoot me a PM and we'll hookup!

I am packed and ready to head out tomorrow after work. Ready to throw from the longs again. Really enjoyed playing from the longs the first time during Paige and Eric's fundraiser tourney. I know there was a 12 year old there that played from the longs as well for the fundraiser tourney. I think it is going to be a great time regardless from what tees we are throwing from. Grip, rip and always remember to throw freaky :)

I hope everyone headed that way has a safe trip! See y'all there!

I'm going to finish packing tomorrow morning after playing a round or two when I get off work. My partner will get off around 5 in the afternoon and we will pack up and head toward Texas. I can't wait to get to Selah again!

It may snow here in the coming days, so we'll be escaping before it starts. The weather will be better in Texas no matter what it does.

Leaving later on today..looks like rain..good thing me and my partner both play solid rain golf..see ya'll this weekend..im gonna be the one walking away with the $10,000 ace pot haha

I am just glad crazy Carl volunteered to be my caddy. My partner has her husband as a caddy as well! Whoop whoop!

Rough weekend. Just got back home. Partner was sick. Downpour and lightning yesterday morning, windy and cold this morning for the 7:15 tee time. Love the courses, but 16-18 on Creekside is a rough finish when the wind is blowing 20+mph right into you and you have to keep trying until you stick in bounds.

Latest posts