• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Amateur World Doubles at Selah Ranch, Texas

Rough weekend. Just got back home. Partner was sick. Downpour and lightning yesterday morning, windy and cold this morning for the 7:15 tee time. Love the courses, but 16-18 on Creekside is a rough finish when the wind is blowing 20+mph right into you and you have to keep trying until you stick in bounds.

Yup, my first throw of that round was right into the water on 18. I didn't feel too bad taking a circle five after that. Watching a max wight Flick corkscrew from a hyzer on #17 Creek Side was a little harder to bounce back from.

Last edited:
We were happy to be in the finals. It was brutal conditions to say the least. Went up against two great lady golfers. Proud that my partner and I took second. I have been playing a 1 1/2 and my partner has been playing for 10 months. My partner is the best lefty I know! She rocked it!

did anyone go disc fishing? I will be out there this weekend and anything I find I have no problem returning. id rather not fish or waste time fishing if its been gone through after AWD a few weeks back.

I lost my pearly blue CPD on Creekside #10 in the creek's bend at the peninsula with the basket. It was too cloudy and deep to go after at the time.

Any disc you find, you should just return to the pro shop, they have a massive L&F.

did anyone go disc fishing? I will be out there this weekend and anything I find I have no problem returning. id rather not fish or waste time fishing if its been gone through after AWD a few weeks back.

I talked to the owners, and they want everyone to know that they're working on getting all the discs rounded up and back to their owners. They've already fished out quite a few.

Please remember that this is a private course with close to 100 acres of water. It is not a city park, and no one if authorized to go disc diving. If you're looking to retrieve lost discs, you can contact Dave Hickerson directly at [email protected] or 903-632-1122. Thanks for respecting Selah's rules.

Well we didnt go diving( not our intentions at all for being out there) but did find a few when fishing for our discs... Numbers called and shipping one out tomorrow or tuesday. The other two were graciously donated to ldga to promote disc golf in longview.

My blue CPD has "ZJ" and his PDGA # on the flightplate if anybody found it. :D

It should have my number in the rim but may have rubbed off by now.

Latest posts