• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ambidextrous Disc Golf

I have considered going this route, with the baseball thing it just seems like it would be natural. Only thing keeping me from doing it is all the issues on the left side of my body (dislocated left shoulder in college, recently broke the left wrist, for some reason when I fall I put that arm down...)

I still enjoy playing what I call "schizophrenia rounds" where I pit the left against the right. The right does usually take it though as my left hand forehand is laughable.

I love the idea of throwing a round with each hand. That being said I have a hard enough time getting my putt consistent right handed so I may just do all drive and approach shots with left or right and then putt normal.

I write lefty, but have always been right handed when it comes to sports(golf, baseball, basketball, soccer), not to mention I'm right eye dominant.

I had never considered eye dominance in throwing until a recent thread about that for putting got me thinking about that for putting and your point here gets me thinking about driving.

I wonder how much that has to do with it....maybe a lot as I am a righty but do some sports things lefty (throw discs BH, hockey stick, dribble a basketball and kick a soccer ball strongly), and I am left eye dominant. But I putt righty as well as writing, throwing balls (I throw like my sister trying lefty incl LHFH), and most other things.

I think that your foot dominance has more to do with this ambidexterity more though. Test for foot dominance (regular or goofy in skating/boarding terms) from wikihow:
1. Stand with your feet straight ahead. Have a friend give you a gentle push from behind. Whichever foot you step forward with is your dominant foot.
2. Approach a flight of stairs. The foot you instinctively use on the first step is your dominant foot.

I can drive pretty well RHBH and RHFH, but am not consistent so I rarely use those. I do not ever feel like spending the time consistently practicing those throws

Whoa... I'm left foot dominant....but I don't skate 'goofy' footed, or I didn't anyway.... Putting with my left I have very good aim, and it feels like I can't miss(I still do, sigh), but I have a much shorter range. It's the lack of touch on approach shots with my 'off' hand(left) that I struggle with, and usually resort to a RHFH or anny RHBH on such shots.

Ok, that might explain a bit...
I do snowboard goofy, but I do play soccer with my right foot - so my left is the planted foot. At a stair I couldn't care less which foot I start with. If someone pushes me I push him back.
I can't put with my left though. And lhfh is really broken as well. But I never seriously tried it.

I definitely like the "schizophrenia" round. Maybe I can talk my buddy into this so he does a forehand as second trhow...