• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

An example of good acceleration at the hit

You really get the disc in close to the chest and then have a wide outward swing on that thing.

Do you consciously think of either of those factors?

You really get the disc in close to the chest and then have a wide outward swing on that thing.

Do you consciously think of either of those factors?

Yep, sometimes I even bump into my chest on accident. The closer you can get the disc to you chest while you're accelerating, the longer you lever will be when your elbow extends. More leverage = more force!

You just want us to see you throw far!

Joking aside, that is helpful.

The hole is a 550' par 4. The disc thrown was a max weight MVP Nitro in fresh condition. I was close enough to putt rather than approach or jump putt. I thought it was a good example of the acceleration that fuels a backhand distance throw.

I love your videos, but I wish you show more of your form than just the shot. This is coming from someone who's trying to learn proper form. Also, why does Axiom not make the proxy in proton? I lost my Watermelon Proxy and life hasn't been the same.

I love your videos, but I wish you show more of your form than just the shot. This is coming from someone who's trying to learn proper form. Also, why does Axiom not make the proxy in proton? I lost my Watermelon Proxy and life hasn't been the same.

Its a balancing act. Filming solo I have to zoom in to a level where you can still see me throw but the fairway is more discernable than with no zoom applied.

You're correct about trying to use those videos for form, its definitely not ideal. Maybe someday this month I'll film a dedicated form video where I setup multiple cameras filming my throwing motion and nothing else.

You're correct about trying to use those videos for form, its definitely not ideal. Maybe someday this month I'll film a dedicated form video where I setup multiple cameras filming my throwing motion and nothing else.

Please do!
As a beginner your videos have been of great help and as I'm taking the step to break the 300' barrier some multiple angle form videos would be of great interest. :)

Good stuff! You could probably throw even further by tweaking your form even more. To my eye you're turning back too soon which may or may not be limiting some potential.

Mike, when your throwing a 500 foot drive.. do you feel the blood rushing to your right hand/fingers?

Latest posts