• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Glad you like the app!

It's more of a precaution, I don't want some random person out there that feels like being "funny" submitting a bunch of bogus rounds to my or someone else's mobile queue that you then have to manually clear out. I'd rather take a second to put in my password or if you trust your friend, just save it to their device (the passwords are hashed/encrypted) so it just takes one tap to submit your friend's rounds after the first time.

Just downloaded my first update for the app! Everyone else should follow suit :hfive:

Great to know that the feedback is being utilized in a positive way!

Just uploaded version 1.04 to the store. It should be available in a couple of hours for people to update.

Changes:

* Bumped up font size of player names during scoring
* Fixed a false error message displayed during login
* Updated "Edit Profile" screen to show who you are logged in to DGCR as
* Changed wording of some menu items

Got the App last week and played our first round with it today. I must say it was money well spent! Great job and Thanks!

I'm still trying to figure out how to mark a course "played" through the app.

I'm still trying to figure out how to mark a course "played" through the app.

Find the course and go to its main info page. Click the three-dot menu button and select "Mark Course as Played."

I haven't tried it with this app, but I'm pretty sure that if you upload a round from DGCR, that will also serve to mark the course as having been played.

I'll admit I was a hold out, but bought the app anyway and I like it, quite a bit. I like how info is being taken from the community and being put to good use too, speaks volumes about the dev team. Planning a get away next week and the app (and site) has already come in handy.

Find the course and go to its main info page. Click the three-dot menu button and select "Mark Course as Played.

thanks man, I wasn't far off but apparently I was only testing it on courses I'd already played, so the option wasn't there.

I noticed the app is at 100+ downloads :hfive:

Tim, can we update basket position on the app?
No, you can't do that yet. In a future update I'll have the ability to choose different pins or put in a custom distance.

Also, thank you to all you guys who picked it up recently, I really appreciate it and really glad you like it! :) If you want to leave a review in the store you'd be my hero for the day ;)

Tim,

Weird happenings in the Google Play review department. I thought I wrote a review a several days ago. But then I never saw it online. So I wrote another one, submitted it everything seemed fine. Now I don't see it online again. The "Write a Review" link should change to "Edit Review," but it's not happening. Did you ever see my review(s) go by?

Huh, weird. If your review would be under Tony Roberts then I don't see it.

Seems like this has been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't...

I played my first tournament since downloading the app. The tournament layout on both courses includes 3 extra holes. I would like:

A. To be able to insert (and number by letter) those holes anywhere in the course. The first course we played puts 'A' between holes 7 and 8 and 'B' and 'C' between 12 and 13.

B. To be able to list par and distance (if known) for the extra holes. The total score was correct, but since I couldn't list par, it assumed par was zero so I was sitting at +16 instead of +7.

Yes, I know I'm picking nits :D

Downloaded the app on my Galaxy S5 and love it. I will continue to use it but there are some issues that I have come across in the ten or so rounds that I have used it for:

1. I has locked up my phone once; just a black screen, had to remove the battery to get the phone to do anything. Only had the problem once.

2. It has stopped running twice. It saved the data and allowed me to resume the game after restarting the progam, just as it did when it locked up the phone.

3. When there is no cell coverage, it will not work. I was playing Stafford Lake yesterday and could not get data coverage, so had to use another app. I then put the scores in later when I could get data coverage. The ability to download the course info for future play in case of loss of coverage would be nice.

4. When I keep score for a buddy, I have to give him the phone to put in his DGCR password every time I upload a new score, even though there is a "remember" box checked. It would be nice if there were an option to really remember my buddy, or at least a way to send him the score via e-mail so that he could upload the score himself.

5. For some reason, the app forced me to play 36 holes at Stafford Lake when the info on the phone said that it had 23 holes even though there were only 18. I will update that course info, but it would be nice if, once I update it, there were an option to reset the score to the new info and re-upload it. I would also like the option to "Finish" the round after any hole (buried in the menu somewhere so as not to accidentally do it) and not have to swipe through the 18 that don't exist in order to finish. Also I would like to be able to resume after I "finish" it (I assume that this can be done through the "update" function).

6. When I am in the find a course dialog and find and choose a course, I would like to have the option to start a new round at that course without having to back out of that function and go to the "Start New Round" function and then find the course again.

Despite all of these niggles (except maybe the locking up my phone part), this is an awesome app and easily worth the price.

Seems like this has been mentioned before, but in case it hasn't...

I played my first tournament since downloading the app. The tournament layout on both courses includes 3 extra holes. I would like:

A. To be able to insert (and number by letter) those holes anywhere in the course. The first course we played puts 'A' between holes 7 and 8 and 'B' and 'C' between 12 and 13.

B. To be able to list par and distance (if known) for the extra holes. The total score was correct, but since I couldn't list par, it assumed par was zero so I was sitting at +16 instead of +7.

Yes, I know I'm picking nits :D
Par/Distance editing is coming in the future. To do the other thing, I'd choose "Tournament Round" so you can add extra holes to the existing course. Then you can record your round, upload it to the site and make any changes you want there in terms of the hole distances and stuff until that's built-in. You can't really add holes in-between even on the site for the random holes people add for tournaments. I'd just add those at the end and make a note in the hole notes.

Downloaded the app on my Galaxy S5 and love it. I will continue to use it but there are some issues that I have come across in the ten or so rounds that I have used it for:

1. I has locked up my phone once; just a black screen, had to remove the battery to get the phone to do anything. Only had the problem once.

2. It has stopped running twice. It saved the data and allowed me to resume the game after restarting the progam, just as it did when it locked up the phone.

3. When there is no cell coverage, it will not work. I was playing Stafford Lake yesterday and could not get data coverage, so had to use another app. I then put the scores in later when I could get data coverage. The ability to download the course info for future play in case of loss of coverage would be nice.

4. When I keep score for a buddy, I have to give him the phone to put in his DGCR password every time I upload a new score, even though there is a "remember" box checked. It would be nice if there were an option to really remember my buddy, or at least a way to send him the score via e-mail so that he could upload the score himself.

5. For some reason, the app forced me to play 36 holes at Stafford Lake when the info on the phone said that it had 23 holes even though there were only 18. I will update that course info, but it would be nice if, once I update it, there were an option to reset the score to the new info and re-upload it. I would also like the option to "Finish" the round after any hole (buried in the menu somewhere so as not to accidentally do it) and not have to swipe through the 18 that don't exist in order to finish. Also I would like to be able to resume after I "finish" it (I assume that this can be done through the "update" function).

6. When I am in the find a course dialog and find and choose a course, I would like to have the option to start a new round at that course without having to back out of that function and go to the "Start New Round" function and then find the course again.

Despite all of these niggles (except maybe the locking up my phone part), this is an awesome app and easily worth the price.

1 & 2) Sorry about the lock-ups, I definitely don't think that is the norm. Hard to analyze random crashes like that but hopefully it's not a regular thing for you.

3) You'd set the round up prior to getting to the course (maybe in the car on the way?). It should still let you record a round without a data connection, just without distances and pars. You can then update it later with a tee which should add in the distances, etc. You can also submit it to the site and just fill in the missing bits online and sync it with the app.

4) This is definitely a bug... it will be fixed in the next build.

5) It looks like without a data connection, the app defaults to 36 holes, you can change that prior to starting the round.

Also, you can Finish a round at any point via the 3-dot menu. If you edit a round online and then sync the app with that course, it should reflect all the changes you make. Why would you want to resume a round after you have "finished" it though? If you just go to the home screen it puts the round on hold. You can do it via the Update menu as you said though.

6) I'll look into that one.

Thanks for the feedback (and getting the app)!

Last edited:
Why would you want to resume a round after you have "finished" it though? If you just go to the home screen it puts the round on hold. You can do it via the Update menu as you said though.

Battery dying. This has happened on a few occasions and I like to just "finish" the round, close the app, turn off my phone (or just let it die) and then add in the scores once I get to a charger (usually back to my car). But as you said, I can just choose the update function.

If you just back out to the home screen I think it would save your progress anyway and you could just tap "Resume Round" to continue after you charge the phone back up.

Tim, using this app on my recent road trip was much preferable to accessing the site through a mobile browser. Thanks for making this app available. You can gladly have my $5 for that convenience. I've already submitted a positive review at the Play Store to help you out.

As for feedback with the app itself, I have two requests. One, is it possible to include the Note section for each hole when scoring the round? Two, could courses be better linked/listed for viewing their information page. For example, when viewing individual stats or plays under the View Stats section it would be nice to have the name of the course atop each result which then linked to its course page. Also, selecting New Round offers a choice to view Recently Played Courses or Played Courses, but this is not available when choosing Course Search; it would be nice to have that as an option there as well.

Thanks for considering this feedback and for being responsive to your users. You do an amazing job with DGCR!

Last edited:
Thanks for getting the app and writing the review!

For a hole note, just long press your name/score row and it'll pop up the note area for that hole.

The second thing I think is already on the "to do" list.

Not sure what you mean by that last thing with Course Search. Like you want a quick list of courses you've looked at or something?

Latest posts