• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Very excited to see this. A few things I want to double check before i jump as it looks like an improvement over what I'm using now (for my specific needs). Hope you can clear these up:

1. It looks like you can pick which tee and it will load par/distance for each, correct?
  2. I often play 2 rounds concurrently. Uploading both (say long & short tees) to MY DGCR profile is very important to me. If I do this - I realize it'll only display 1 tee - thats fine - and I'll have to change the tee later on the 2nd round. I just want to be sure I can tie 2 names on my phone to my DGCR profile. Hope this made sense.
  3. Not so much on the app itself - but I have a years worth of rounds with no putt data entered. If I were to start - will it calculate all those old rounds as 0....or will it omit them in the averages?

I know Google Play has a 15 minute grace period so you could load it up and test it and if you don't like it hit "refund" in the play store profile. The scoring is similar to easyscorecard if that was your concern.
Great point! I like how Udisc lets you drill down on stats, and the interface in general. I'm buying one way or the other, so that's not an issue, it's just which I'll use when I'm on the course. Does your app require a data connection for the scorekeeping to work?

Very excited to see this. A few things I want to double check before i jump as it looks like an improvement over what I'm using now (for my specific needs). Hope you can clear these up:

1. It looks like you can pick which tee and it will load par/distance for each, correct?
  2. I often play 2 rounds concurrently. Uploading both (say long & short tees) to MY DGCR profile is very important to me. If I do this - I realize it'll only display 1 tee - thats fine - and I'll have to change the tee later on the 2nd round. I just want to be sure I can tie 2 names on my phone to my DGCR profile. Hope this made sense.
  3. Not so much on the app itself - but I have a years worth of rounds with no putt data entered. If I were to start - will it calculate all those old rounds as 0....or will it omit them in the averages?

1) Correct.
2) Not sure I entirely understand what you're getting at but you can add other people to the app's player list if you want to record rounds for your friends (or yourself) and then you can upload those to the site after. Each "person" in the app can have a DGCR account associated. The app will only track stats for the "owner" of the phone within the app though.
3) I think zero putts are ignored unless it's an ace.

Great point! I like how Udisc lets you drill down on stats, and the interface in general. I'm buying one way or the other, so that's not an issue, it's just which I'll use when I'm on the course. Does your app require a data connection for the scorekeeping to work?
It will pull par and distance data from the site at the start of the round, that's about it for the scoring data needs. As far as stats, the app has some basic ones and I rely on the one's on the site for the more detailed drill-down type of stuff.

Thanks for getting the Android version out first. I'm going to play around with it when I have more time later on!

So just to be clear, when I input scores on the app, it is automatically doing that on the website? So I no longer have to use another app, like UDisc+, to score my rounds and then enter it manually into the site? Nice

The only thing that keeps me from wanting to enter EVERY round... is the illusion people will get thinking the course is so hard when in reality, it's just my sorry ass that is logging all of my pitiful rounds :)

Again, thanks Tim for focusing on the Android crowd! Too often have "we" gotten an app months and months (if ever) after iOS gets it. I mean, worldwide, there are more Android users, just not all of the phones will be good enough to run every app.

pecosROB, yes, at the end of your round you have the option to "Submit to DGCR". That will upload your round to a Mobile Queue on the site where you can just sort of make sure everything is as it should be (and if not, edit it) and then hit "Approve" to add it to your Scorebook.

ncrspike, it's a couple of months out.

That's one of the updates [ability to start on hole other than #1] I have planned after I get the iOS one out. Once both are out, features will be updated simultaneously in each version. I just wanted to get something out finally and the same guy is doing both versions so he's focusing on iOS until it's done and then we'll go back and add starting hole, the ability to change and/or define distances/pars and a few other things.

Very nice. Glad to know you already have a list of updates in mind. I've tried most of the other DG scoring apps out there and none quite hits the mark for me. I have a feeling this one will do the trick.

Just bought it, but haven't played around with it yet. Question though: What about importing scores? I tried to enter in both DGCR and EasyScorecard, but eventully got lazy and just kept using EasyScoreCard since my phone was always handy during my round. But I like the stats and such on DGCR better and now wish I had all my scores back into my DGCR scorebook.

I'm totally fine with the price, but the main reason to use it is for easier course searching on a cellphone, and the lack of sorting search results by distance/rating/etc is an abomination.

You can import all your Scorebook rounds into the app if you're a premium member. Easy Scorecard on the other hand... not much I can do about that. We talked about it a while back but the only export option for ESC was a round by round one or something, it would be a hassle to export it all and then upload each file one by one here if I made a converter thing.

If I'm starting on a hole other than hole 1, I just use the slider above the scores (where it shows hole #) and go to where I need to start, then when it hits the summary screen, scroll back to hole 1.

I'm totally fine with the price, but the main reason to use it is for easier course searching on a cellphone, and the lack of sorting search results by distance/rating/etc is an abomination.
Abomination might be a bit of a strong word. If you do a proximity search (zip code or the crosshairs) it sorts by distance by default. You can then use filters to see only 4 disc courses or whatever else.