• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

ANDROID APP IS OUT!!

Rolled out version 1.17 this morning. The only change is that holes that are missing par are assumed to be par 3 during scoring.

It was probably iOS 7 that was the minimum then. I've contracted with him to code/support the app but I'm guessing we'll need beta testers at some point. I'll be announcing it here and on Facebook and Instagram when the time comes.

That would make sense. You will be fine with a 5 for your tester phone.

11665696_10152896506096581_4819676480824058030_n.jpg

Starting in July and going on indefinitely, I will be picking a random round submitted to the site by the app during the previous month and just like that, you win!

If you're that month's winner, I'll send you a private message on the site to get your details for the giftcard as well as the name you left the app review under. Then you go buy some plastic!

The more you play disc golf, the more opportunities you'll have each month!

11665696_10152896506096581_4819676480824058030_n.jpg

Starting in July and going on indefinitely, I will be picking a random round submitted to the site by the app during the previous month and just like that, you win!

If you're that month's winner, I'll send you a private message on the site to get your details for the giftcard as well as the name you left the app review under. Then you go buy some plastic!

The more you play disc golf, the more opportunities you'll have each month!

This app rocks. love it so far.

If possible- How hard would it be to offer multiple pin locations for better accuracy? Take for instance Osage Grove disc golf course. They have almost 2 basket locations for every hole. Right now they only have 1 pad locations. Can we be able to choose the pads and baskets. Whether it be a setup of pad a and pin b. or pad b and pin b. something in that combo, therefore we measuer a more accurate round and get a better idea of a 1000 rated round.

You won't be able to mix tees any time soon but changing the par/distance on the fly either by selecting one of the positions on DGCR or entering a custom one is one of the planned updates.

Thanks for picking the app up too, glad you like it!

Just downloading...

Excited to see what you guys have done, just bought the app! Always one of the best resources on the internet.

Jordan

Good Stuff.

Searchable courses, tournaments, AND disc golf shops by list and on the map!!! Wow. If you travel at all this app is a lifesaver.

Jordan

PS: The scorecard is worth the price alone. Thanks guys!

1) Any thoughts on making it easy to update course conditions when you're actually keeping score with the ap? Say when you submit the round?

2) How come when updating conditions with the ap, it doesn't default to populating the text edit field with the previous conditions like the site does? Sometimes little or nothing's changed, and I just want to update to show today's date. I don't want to have to retype all that on my smartphone.

I don't want to force people into it, so I don't want it to pop up when submitting a round. I'll have to look into auto-populating the update screen with the existing info.

I don't want to force people into it, so I don't want it to pop up when submitting a round.
I was thinking more as an option, maybe after hitting "submit" and before hitting "finish."

I'll have to look into auto-populating the update screen with the existing info.
Appreciated. :)

2nd the emotion on usefulness of auto-popping the update screen w/ existing info...:thmbup:

I added it to the "to do" list. There will be one more Android update soon with some bug fixes and hopefully the scorecard image thingy built-in so people can email/text/share scorecards. After that it's iOS all the way until that comes out and then we'll start adding new things to both apps simultaneously.

Maybe this has been addressed already, but I've had two problems with the app. One was that it didn't save an entire round that I scored early on. It's shown as "finished", but didn't show every hole that I played. No biggie.

The other thing that is messed up is the reviews when read on the app are often shortened. At least mine are. Take for example the one I just wrote for Greenwater (not a shameless plug... I've written better). If I open up that course in the app and look at my review, it's completely blank. It just says "Pros... Cons... Other thoughts..." Even if I hit "Read more", nothing comes up. I've noticed this with other reviews too. This is the first one that has even cut off "other thoughts", but I've written others where you can't see what was said. Of course one can go on the computer and see the whole thing, but if I'm on the go and want to read a review I like to be able to do it from the app. Anyone else having that issue?

I think the first issue has been addressed.

I just fixed the second one. If you see a blank review I guess it has a weird character in it. Yours had a lot of "…" rather than "..." and it was throwing off the API the app uses. I stripped those out of all reviews that had them (around 30) and replaced them with 3 periods and they show up fine now. I also set it to check for that when a review is submitted so it's not a problem anymore. If you notice any other blank reviews in the future please let me know so I can check them and account for the whatever odd character is throwing things off.

Version 1.18 has been rolled out. It includes some bug fixes as well as shareable round images. The "Share on Facebook" button has been canned and the app will now generate an image that you can email, share on facebook, etc.

Just an idea for a future revision. Several courses I've played have both Pro and rec pars. It would be a nice feature to be able to toggle those on courses your playing. I've been keeping score with the app for the group of friends I disc with and we recently picked up a couple newer members, so the option would be by person and not just by course. Much appreciated and love the app.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely give it some thought! :)

Latest posts