• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discmania] Announcing Discmania Evolution and Active

Suddenly realizing this means Eagle, Simon, Nate, and the other Discmaniacs will have the option of throwing Swedish and Chinese plastic in 2019. <3

Honestly i thought this exceeds the hype. I thought it was going to be a boring clothing/apparel collaboration.

It's all relative, I guess. I was expecting something on the order of Discmania and Innova splitting apart. And conspiracy theorists can wonder if that yet might happen, with Discmania partnering with Euro and Chinese partners... :popcorn:

DISCMANIA ACTIVE (Yikun partnership)

UPCOMING PRODUCTS

DISCMANIA GUARDIAN LION

(Putter)
Weight range: 165-170g
Plastic Compound: Base
Colors: White, Blue, Pink
Estimated Release: March, 2019
1/3/0/1

DISCMANIA SPRING OX

(Mid-range)
4/3/0/2

DISCMANIA FOX SPIRIT

(Fairway Driver)
6/4/0/2

DISCMANIA SUN CROW

(Driver)
7/5/-4(?)/1

DISCMANIA SEA SERPENT

(Distance Driver)
11/5/-2/2

It's all relative, I guess. I was expecting something on the order of Discmania and Innova splitting apart. And conspiracy theorists can wonder if that yet might happen, with Discmania partnering with Euro and Chinese partners... :popcorn:

Unfortunately i dont think Discmania will ever split with Innova. Many of the molds are innova half molds along with the Discmania Anhyzer top.

Unfortunately i dont think Discmania will ever split with Innova. Many of the molds are innova half molds along with the Discmania Anhyzer top.

I agree with you. And as a better analogy, the way Discmania was saying this was something that would revolutionize all of DG, I was expecting something on the level of the McBeth-to-Discraft world-shaking event. A bunch of new discs isn't really all that world-changing to me... :\

So does this mean that Discmania players can now throw Lat64 and Yikun. And if so does that mean that Innova players can throw Discmania still. Ricky can still throw a Harp?

Thinking this will probably put new runs of FDs and PDs further down the priority list.

I doubt it'll have an impact...if you read through each product page from that article it is all new models that are being introduced from Lat/Yikun. So I hope it wouldn't affect the normal Discmania/Innova setup at all for timelines.

That said, a PD that breaks in faster in Lat plastic would be a good disc I bet.

I don't get it. This isn't going to help their supply problems and now they are going to be the second thought of three companies. It is also going to be very confusing. I don't see how producing triple the molds for shots and discs you already have covered is going to be helpful. They just needed to get more of their current stuff out in my opinion.

I don't get it. This isn't going to help their supply problems and now they are going to be the second thought of three companies. It is also going to be very confusing. I don't see how producing triple the molds for shots and discs you already have covered is going to be helpful. They just needed to get more of their current stuff out in my opinion.

Maybe they did it so that Streets can get Innova discs in that sweet Swedish plastic. ;)

*ducking*

:p

So does this mean that Discmania players can now throw Lat64 and Yikun. And if so does that mean that Innova players can throw Discmania still. Ricky can still throw a Harp?

It depends on how their contracts are written. I believe that Eagle and Simon can only throw Discmania branded products per their contract. They can't throw Innova or Millennium branded discs.

It seems that most Innova players can throw any disc that has Innova tooling. So no, Ricky won't be able to throw the Harp as it is produced by Lat 64.

Latest posts