• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Anode: Medium or Soft

Anode: Medium vs Soft

• Total voters

Ty_Ty

Birdie Member
After reading through the Anode thread, Figured this would be a great visual for noobs or people in debate of which type of Anode to buy.

no option for both. i have more confidence purring with the medium, and better luck driving the soft. Now that the weather is warmer, my softs are floopyish. I'm turning to the medium more and more with the warm weather. I like a softer medium myself.

anode.jpg

I, Like mrGlass, have had much better luck driving with the softs and putting with mediums. We'll see what the Texas heat does with the mediums, I may have to switched to driving with the mediums and going back to the older Ions for putting.

I use both, but I like the soft a little better over my medium. Good grip without being too floppy. My softs also seem to glide a little longer than my mediums. May just be how I'm throwing them though.

I've only been putting with min so far. Out to 60-70ft I can't tell much of a difference in flight. I am about to go drive the hell out of'em though!

I do not like either for putting, but I love them for approaches and running the basket. I like how the Softs feel but the Mediums have slightly straighter flights. Yet they are so close in flight that it really does not matter. The Softs, therefore, get the nod because of the slightly better feel.

Softs in cold weather, Mediums in warm/hot weather. If you like the grip of the softs, but want the flight of a medium, do the ol' windex trick.

I am not necessarily talking about the texture feel of the softs, but I like to have a little give around my grip. I definitely do not like floppy discs like Gumputts, but I find that I have a cleaner form and release with something with a little give.

I usually like the softs, but I noticed with it being a little warmer last weekend, I favored the mediums. I carry both to just suit my mood

Mediums turned $$$ in the warm weather. I'm driving equal distance to my axis if I have the headroom, but with a more consistent landing.

Soft Anode will be bought around November of this year.. Medium's will be used until then. :)

Softs exclusively on the course for me. I bring my mediums to field practice and use them for putting practice but always throw softs when I play. Putts, drives, rollers.

I've had a few soft Anodes bounce off the pole and straight back out recently in warm weather - it's like they are so flexy that they just spring back on a dead center pole hit. Anyone else had this happen? It happened twice in a round the other day, both on 10ft putts that hit dead center pole.

I love the feel of the soft, but if this keeps up I may have to go medium for putting.

I've had a few soft Anodes bounce off the pole and straight back out recently in warm weather - it's like they are so flexy that they just spring back on a dead center pole hit. Anyone else had this happen? It happened twice in a round the other day, both on 10ft putts that hit dead center pole.

I love the feel of the soft, but if this keeps up I may have to go medium for putting.

Nope. I've only had that happen with a med on my practice basket but it only has 1 set of chains so I don't really count it. Spit throughs happen on it too that normally wouldn't. Softs have been treating me fine as far as spit outs and bounce outs go on the course.

been curious to try the anode out, sounds like some satisfied patronage to me, I'll keep it on my list

you guys prefer the soft ions as well? been loving the medium ion i picked up, goes a mile for a putter

Yeah I prefer softs for all my putters, but the medium Ions and Anode's fly just as great. Just a preference for how flexible I like the flight plate, nothing wrong with either type.

IMO medium, pairs way better with soft Ion's. Medium's feel stiff in the hand during the winter but the chains don't mind:)