• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Anode vs Pure?

Weyums3

Bogey Member
I have 2 Anodes but am curious about the similarities to the Pure. From those that have thrown both can you please weigh in I'd love to hear the similarities and differences.

^^woa how did you find that? is there like a way to search or something?

My buddy started that thread that's why I remembered it. Surprisingly it is on the second page of threads when you search so it could be easily missed.

Medium anode and opto pure are very similar in terms of flight. Soft proton anodes seem to have more LSS, but still not a ton.

Zero pures are hyzerflip and turnover machines at higher power, perfect neutral fliers at lower power. Anodes will not flip whatsoever. Pures hold the line without fading out much at all, soft anodes will flex out. Mediums hold the line longer, close to the opto.

For putting, pures are much faster. Much more low profile.

Honest, if soft anodes did not exist I might have had to go back to opto pure for driving; i like the way they feel in the hand more for driving but I like the added stability for the anode on drives while still traveling very straight on putts. Finally a premium plastic putter I can use for both putting and driving. I did not like putting with opto pure and the zero hard pures were too low profile for me to get good handfeel.

Also opto pure I find much more comfy for driving but since softs let me squish the shoulder with my grip I just deal with it.

Latest posts