• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another DIY Backpack

Johnnyfats

Birdie Member
With the advice of dano28 I went ahead and ordered the Bass Pro Shop Extreme Qualifier 360 for $23. The discs fit great and I'm off to Lowe's to get PVC for a frame. I'll post pictures later. Here's the bag:

looks great man. alot of these have a large variety of different sized pockets as opposed to the one large one on each end. enjoy it!

Is that 16 mids/putters I see in the bottom compartment? That seem pretty darn roomy.

this is exactly what i've been looking for! but when i search bass pro shop's website, the item that comes up for "Extreme Qualifier 360" is a bag with a shoulder strap, not a backpack. tell me the backpack is discontinued...:doh:

how durable do the straps look? think they should be able to handle the weight off the discs, etc. ?

see im lazy. i took the innova starter bad, and just stuck it into a backpack. i can carry 10-15 discs with it. but it gets old having to fish em out. id prefer a tourney style bag after carrying this for about 6 months...

I took it for a test run to one of our courses with hills, Veteran's Park, and had zero fall outs. The bag stood up on hills better than my Innova Competition does. My frame is a little crooked but I was in a rush to get to the course and will do for now.

The padded handle makes it easy to carry from up shots to drop ins where you don't necessarily need to put on the bag. Also the two top pockets make for great putter pockets. The straps are comfortable and feel similar in their build to Innova Backsavers. I am tempted get some groumets and extend the frame to the top section and build a "simian-esque" bag. Here's some blurry photos for now:

this is exactly what i've been looking for! but when i search bass pro shop's website, the item that comes up for "Extreme Qualifier 360" is a bag with a shoulder strap, not a backpack. tell me the backpack is discontinued...:doh:

can you address this question?

and could you have used thinner pvc for the frame and increased the disc capacity?

what is the top area like?

can you address this question?

and could you have used thinner pvc for the frame and increased the disc capacity?

what is the top area like?
I almost responded that "if you search for extreme qualifier you should get four hits, two of which are backpacks" which is what I got the first time I looked, but it seems they don't show up anymore. =/

I'm hoping the bag is just out of stock and not discontinued; it was on sale but not on clearance. Three of the people I play with now want one. The Bass Pro Shops had a bunch in stock when I was at the store on Sunday, so y'all might want to check there if one is local.
Here's the front fully loaded and four putters in the pockets:

Side view open:

Side view closed:

The bag unzips at the middle and can be used by itself:

The bottom part open:

Here's the two pics that sold my friends, the tip test with only 12 discs in it:

Here's a pic of the the inside with nothing in it:

And finally a picture of the padded carry handle I spoke of earlier.

Anybody know how this bank is holding up? I'm vicationing right next to a bass pro shop and pick one up.

Latest posts