• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another New Guy in SW Michigan

ultrapail

Hey all, my name is Jason and I just turned 42.

I just started playing about 2 months ago and have been playing quite a bit, with my 2 sons, 15 and 12, and also by myself. I'm retired so I have some time on my hands. I play Shore Acres, and Winstrom Preserve. I'm waiting to go to Macatawa Greenspace until I have a little better control.

I started out with an Innova starter set, Leopard, Shark, and Aviar. I bought another starter set for my youngest boy as well, Leopard, Shark, and Aero. My 15 year old bought his own discs.

I have been trying all sorts of throws, some days are better than others, but I do not have very good arm strength apparently. Between my son and myself, we have bought way to many discs for how long we've played. We see something that we like and go for it. Unfortunately it's not changing a whole lot.

I know I need to work on my technique and learn better muscle memory, but anybody have suggestions for my bag?? Older guy with average speed, and below average power? My form is actually pretty good.

Also if anyone around my area wants to get together and give me some pointers, that would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Welcome from another from SW Michigan.

I'm just a little older than you, 43, and also started playing about a couple months ago. I played Shore Acres for the first time just yesterday. Didn't do very great, it was really windy and rainy, but I'll definitely go and play there again.

I don't really have anyone I play with except my son but he's off to college now. Would be interested in meeting up and playing sometime, but wouldn't be much help in giving any tips although I could use some.

Shawn

Welcome from the U.P.
I just hit the big 5-0. I've been playing for a couple of years for fun and exercise.

Perfect time and location to get into the sport. Get into worlds next year, play advanced masters and meet several dozen other like minded individuals from around the country (world).

Welcome indeed. Great state to be in for Disc Golf especially this time of year. If you ever venture down I-94 from K-Zoo to Ypsi let me know. Always down to throw a round or three. :D

As Martin stated, we get Am Worlds next year right here in Michigan (Kzoo).

If you have not yet created a profile on Disc Golf Scene I highly recommend it. It is probably the best resource for Disc Golf in Michigan with access to Clubs, Leagues, Tourneys and other events. Between DGCR and DGS you got everything covered for your DG needs. :thmbup: