• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Another Trilogy Screw Up

Ie the vast majority of all disc golfers.

Exactly. Which is why I always thought it funny that Innova guys are so paranoid. There are whiny fanboys for all the companies, acting like some are worse than others in just an exercise in futility.;)

Well I really think Trilogy doesnt like you lol. Maybe hist a different event? In all seriousness though, this sucks. I hope you guys find a way to make it a great event anyhow. Good luck to you.

Besides, if our "fragile egos" were half as fragile as you think they are, we would be innova fanbois...:p
This fanboy thing is so stupid. Fanboys love one thing and have to hate on everything else, it's so petty and small minded.
Honest question: why is it important to you that the discs are made in America (not sure how important it actually is to you, just based off your comment above), but it's okay if the baskets and clothing are not? I've heard people say they don't buy DD because it's not American made. But, it is still an American company that pays taxes, contributes to our economy and grows the sport all over the country. I just find it interesting when I come across people that proudly say they only support American companies, while wearing a dry-fit from their favorite company that was made in Bangladesh.
This post is exactly right.

*as those specific haters type their responses on Chinese made phones... most people with any sense see right through it..

I'm an MVP "fanboy"... I guess... but I don't hate Innova. I used Innova discs all the time before MVP came around and still have 2 in my bag at the moment.

Put your order in for next year's event at least a month earlier than you have been. You might even want to lie to them about lie the event date.

Honest question: why is it important to you that the discs are made in America (not sure how important it actually is to you, just based off your comment above), but it's okay if the baskets and clothing are not? I've heard people say they don't buy DD because it's not American made. But, it is still an American company that pays taxes, contributes to our economy and grows the sport all over the country. I just find it interesting when I come across people that proudly say they only support American companies, while wearing a dry-fit from their favorite company that was made in Bangladesh.

The globalization of business makes the concept of "buying American" somewhat ambiguous. You can buy an a car/truck made in Mexico from an "American" company (GM or Ford). You can buy a car built in USA from an Italian or Japanese company (don't forget that Fiat owns Chrysler).

Either way, parts come from all over the world.

Once upon a time, Walmart proudly featured products under their own brand, "Sam's American Choice." Now you can barely find a product in the store that's made in USA.

Very few places have products that are sold by an American company, made in the States, from components that are sourced in the states.

Buying American is hardly ever black and white anymore, and it's only turning more gray. I think the best we can hope for is better transparency about where things are manufactured, and where they're sourced.

It isn't.

You are clueless...

I will post this again, so maybe reading it the second time it will sink in. He was talking about the circuit events. Those events don't include a basket in the player pack. The discs are available in the player pack and they are MIA...Do the math...

Last edited:
Once upon a time, Walmart proudly featured products under their own brand, "Sam's American Choice." Now you can barely find a product in the store that's made in USA.

This is actually not true. Walmart has been pushing to put more merchandise in their stores that's made in the US. You can find quite a few products if you look for them.

This is actually not true. Walmart has been pushing to put more merchandise in their stores that's made in the US. You can find quite a few products if you look for them.

Assembled in the US from Chinese made components?

At Walmart prices, the only products on their shelves made with American labor are those where only a tiny fraction of the cost comes from that labor. Same holds true for cheap deals on Amazon. As long as we want to pay rock bottom prices for consumer goods; we shouldn't expect them to be made in the US.

Not sure what that means, but I have endless emails about the situation, a receipt for $1,500 and no player packs yet. The event is tomorrow morning.

I have worked in the miserable field of logistics for almost 20 years now. It is a business full of crooks, thieves and liars but there are also a lot of good people in this industry too. Anytime you pay before shipment then good chance they knew ahead of time that missing the date you needed them by would be a good possibility but they have your money and as the old saying goes..."its better to ask for forgiveness than for permission" and good chance they miss the sale had they been honest, so might as well make the sale and just try your best to get it there? There is always a chance that they are being completely honest and just could not avoid this unfortunate event? I doubt it though...

If they'd staff more than 2 cashiers for their 32 open checkout lanes, I might consider it.

OK, probably not, but it'd be a step in the right direction...

This fanboy thing is so stupid. Fanboys love one thing and have to hate on everything else, it's so petty and small minded.

This post is exactly right.

*as those specific haters type their responses on Chinese made phones... most people with any sense see right through it..

There are no American alternatives to our China/Korean/etc made phones. But Innova, Discraft, MVP, Prodigy, etc make great plastic. No need to buy Swedish. Name any Trilogy mold, and it will have a locally made alternative.

I have worked in the miserable field of logistics for almost 20 years now. It is a business full of crooks, thieves and liars but there are also a lot of good people in this industry too. Anytime you pay before shipment then good chance they knew ahead of time that missing the date you needed them by would be a good possibility but they have your money and as the old saying goes..."its better to ask for forgiveness than for permission" and good chance they miss the sale had they been honest, so might as well make the sale and just try your best to get it there? There is always a chance that they are being completely honest and just could not avoid this unfortunate event? I doubt it though...

It really isnt that hard to project xyz product for a event based on exponential success. That is the part that makes no sense. For pennies on the dollar they could and really at this point should over deliver on any BS.

Hell ive had MVP send new $15 bag direct to a customers door for nothing but some pics and emails. Not even close to a multiple time event purchase... Sad really'

It is 2018 and this kind of stuff is unacceptable being inventory controls and sales systems available vs years ago.

Last edited:

Latest posts