• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any pros carry all discs same color?

seedlings

* Ace Member *
I see players once in a while on the course with all discs the same color. I don't recall any PROs carrying all one color. It seems like I might have seen an FPO with a lot of the same colors, maybe Tattar. I like easier to spot colors, but if all the discs were the same it would kinda drive me nuts to pick out the correct mid with four the same color.

Color blind players sometimes play a bag with only white discs. Local player plays only blue discs although different shades.

I see players once in a while on the course with all discs the same color. I don't recall any PROs carrying all one color. It seems like I might have seen an FPO with a lot of the same colors, maybe Tattar. I like easier to spot colors, but if all the discs were the same it would kinda drive me nuts to pick out the correct mid with four the same color.

It's personal preference, that's all.

I throw mostly blue.

I recently played with a guy who threw red and green and clear, and kept throwing deep in the trees. It was frustrating to watch him not able to find his discs because of his color choices. Blue is the easiest for me to spot. And I anticipate your next question, no it isn't an issue in my bag. I carry 11 discs and have them organized so I know which disc is where.

I believe you are thinking of Lykke Lorentzen, her bag is almost, if not, all pink discs.

I thought Heather Young only threw purple. Or used to.

Kinda'ish. When I saw her bag, it was a lot of purple, blue'ish, pink'ish, and then some clears and grays.

I feel like Tattar had a nice spectrum of white to blue (or maybe some other color).

I carry only pinks and blues. It's because for me those 2 colors are the easiest for me to spot and it helps with my ocd as an added bonus.

I carry only pinks and blues. It's because for me those 2 colors are the easiest for me to spot and it helps with my ocd as an added bonus.

May I ask which pro you are, or is your anonymity of utmost importance to you?

Pros limiting themself to only one color restrict their disc repertorire even more. Most of them can only throw one manufacturer's discs. If they use only one color their chances for finding well fitting discs reduces further.

Every once in a while you hear that certain colors of discs fly different to others. Many pros pick discs by feel. They throw discs because they fly as they want not because they look as they want ... otherwise they would be handicapped.

It would be a pretty bad choice for a pro to only throw discs of one color. If they only avoid some colors, that's a different thing.

In general: The easier finding of discs on the course contrasts the increased difficulty of finding a specific disc in a bag full of same-colored discs. ;-)

Pros spend a lot less time looking for discs in the rough, than the vast majority of players (or they wouldn't be pros). Plus they often have spotters on high risk holes.

So selecting discs colors to that easier to find is less of an issue for them that it is for most players.

Every once in a while you hear that certain colors of discs fly different to others.

I'm curious if this is actually true? As in:

a) Specific color agents affect the disc making process for certain plastics/manufacturers.

Or

b) It's more something like: "When the X discs we're run in spring of 2022, when they ran the yellow ones, they happened to come out flat and overstable"

I'm assuming b is more likely.

Pros spend a lot less time looking for discs in the rough, than the vast majority of players (or they wouldn't be pros). Plus they often have spotters on high risk holes.

So selecting discs colors to that easier to find is less of an issue for them that it is for most players.

Is that really true, though? They aren't really losing discs on our television, but with all the practice they do and experimenting with shots, I get the vibe that they lose a LOT of discs.

May I ask which pro you are, or is your anonymity of utmost importance to you?

I'm.guessing we aren't going to hear from any pros chiming in on this question ..so may as well hear from the average Joe six pack to see what their thoughts are, lol.

Is that really true, though? They aren't really losing discs on our television, but with all the practice they do and experimenting with shots, I get the vibe that they lose a LOT of discs.

Probably a valid point.
Pardon my shortsightedness.

Clear is just...well you're special I guess.

I found a clear disc once. It was MVP and had a rusty red rim. I was interested how it flew, so I threw it on the next hole. It took me 5 minutes to find it in the middle of the fairway

Get that thing away from me:thmbdown:

A guy in leage that plays only with green MVP discs. I tell him he's playing on 'hard mode'.

Latest posts