• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Any web developers out there?

Just noticed these two new posts, I think it would be quite a large task to give the site a new coat of paint. I have a rough image of a desktop design but that's about it. Server-side, the code probably wouldn't change much so it would be mostly JS/CSS type work if I had to guess.

What are you currently using for back-end/front/end? I'm guessing PHP for back-end, which I know little to nothing about, but is it just vanilla JS for front-end currently?

Just noticed these two new posts, I think it would be quite a large task to give the site a new coat of paint. I have a rough image of a desktop design but that's about it. Server-side, the code probably wouldn't change much so it would be mostly JS/CSS type work if I had to guess.

If you're primarily thinking of a skin, have you thought of just doing a CSS framework like Bootstrap, Material UI, etc, just to freshen it up?

Ideally I'd love to make it a responsive site, which I'm sure could be accomplished with those frameworks and without making the site look super generic. But even then, it's a pretty large and complicated task. There are probably over 200 templates / pages that need to be redone, not to mention some other random dynamically generated stuff.

Making it responsive would get rid of the need for the desktop and mobile sites.

Tim, I am a software developer who spent a year or so working at a company doing full stack web dev / mostly js and css.

I am interested in helping as well if you still need help. Not saying I'm any good at web dev, but I am willing to hear what your needs are and maybe I could be useful. Like others before me, I can only offer a handful of hours a week, but I would like to get back into the web dev game a bit.

Ideally I'd love to make it a responsive site, which I'm sure could be accomplished with those frameworks and without making the site look super generic. But even then, it's a pretty large and complicated task. There are probably over 200 templates / pages that need to be redone, not to mention some other random dynamically generated stuff.

It might be something of a grind just to update all the style classes, but if you found a theme you liked, and provide some basic direction, I'm sure a couple of us could split up the work, put them on separate branches on Github if you have the repo there, and however long it takes, it takes. Better than never starting because it's daunting.

I am also interested. I created a number of websites for business' as well as helping a few friends. PM me if you still need help.

It might be something of a grind just to update all the style classes, but if you found a theme you liked, and provide some basic direction, I'm sure a couple of us could split up the work, put them on separate branches on Github if you have the repo there, and however long it takes, it takes. Better than never starting because it's daunting.
There isn't really a theme, I have a rouge photoshop mockup or a couple of pages that someone did a long time ago that seemed ok. They'd need to be edited, etc. So design by committee probably wouldn't really work in this case. Once a design was settled on / mocked up then you could distribute the work.

There isn't really a theme, I have a rouge photoshop mockup or a couple of pages that someone did a long time ago that seemed ok. They'd need to be edited, etc. So design by committee probably wouldn't really work in this case. Once a design was settled on / mocked up then you could distribute the work.

I'm saying pick a theme from like, Bootstrap. https://themes.getbootstrap.com/, or Material UI https://material-ui.com/store/, or similar. Once that's decided, it's really just matching that across pages.

Latest posts