• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anybody use a Clicgear golf push cart?

Torpedo Vegas

Par Member
I have seen a few picture online of people who use the Clicgear 3.0 or 3.5 push cart but could not find a lot of information. If anyone has used one in the past or is currently using one I would love to hear about your experiences with it.

Anyone regret purchasing one and wish they had gone with one of the carts specifically designed for discgolf?

Any other model I should consider that will mount a bag?

Edit: Please feel free to share any experiences you have with other golf push carts as well

Last edited:
Pretty sure that's what Hysell uses. He had a Grip bag attached to it when I played a round with him last year. He seemed to like it, I didn't notice any issues up/down hills or anything. Sorry, that's all I got.

doing a quick search suggests that brand is crazy expsnive new and might as well go with something like the GGGT go-cart. Now finding older used pull golf carts are a dime a dozen -- I actually just came across and older style solid aluminum one from the 70-80s which is a tank but very light weight and been wondering how it could work on some courses. The issue I see with a bigger footprint like those from using a luggage style rolling cart (much smaller and compact I currently strap my flak3 to) would be getting into wooded courses and tricky lies easily. These are easily doable without a lot of stairs and more open courses though no doubt. Few extra supports screwed in and even a counter-sink cooler on the bottom you are ready to, ROLL!...

Pretty sure that's what Hysell uses. He had a Grip bag attached to it when I played a round with him last year. He seemed to like it, I didn't notice any issues up/down hills or anything. Sorry, that's all I got.
All the pictures I have seen online have been with Grip Bags also.

doing a quick search suggests that brand is crazy expsnive new and might as well go with something like the GGGT go-cart. Now finding older used pull golf carts are a dime a dozen -- I actually just came across and older style solid aluminum one from the 70-80s which is a tank but very light weight and been wondering how it could work on some courses. The issue I see with a bigger footprint like those from using a luggage style rolling cart (much smaller and compact I currently strap my flak3 to) would be getting into wooded courses and tricky lies easily. These are easily doable without a lot of stairs and more open courses though no doubt. Few extra supports screwed in and even a counter-sink cooler on the bottom you are ready to, ROLL!...

The gggT go-cart cant take a backpack though :( I have considered looking for an older cart but really have no idea what I should be looking for in them to determine how easily they could be modded to take a back pack. Most of the ones I have seen online use quad style bags where they can just clip the quad connection to part of the cart and let it hang or install some sort of shelf like support under the bag. I still might try and find one to mess with but if it can not take a backpack that is a big negative for me. I do agree with you maneuverability in more difficult terrain but the primary courses I play are park courses that are flat and open.

When you looked it up did you see the chair attachment? :)

This is a sun mountain v1 with a brake & seat. I am modifying it to accommodate my helix, a small cooler & a small trash basket. These are pricey as well but not quite as bad as clicgear. I was lucky enough to find this at a garage sale on the cheap.

Attachments

• 20150304_075702.jpg
    20150304_075702.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 20150304_075653.jpg
    20150304_075653.jpg
    137.5 KB · Views: 233
  • 20150129_204454.jpg
    20150129_204454.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 239
This is a sun mountain v1 with a brake & seat. I am modifying it to accommodate my helix, a small cooler & a small trash basket. These are pricey as well but not quite as bad as clicgear. I was lucky enough to find this at a garage sale on the cheap.
Nice! Have you had it out on the course yet and if so how has it worked for you? I have not had any luck on craigslist so Im going to check out a couple of goodwills tomorrow and see if I can find something I can work on.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2 wheel pull carts vs the 3-4 wheel push carts?

I bought a cheap used push cart from PIAS and have about $25 total invested in it. It's been great.

Nice! Have you had it out on the course yet and if so how has it worked for you? I have not had any luck on craigslist so Im going to check out a couple of goodwills tomorrow and see if I can find something I can work on.

Anyone have any thoughts on the 2 wheel pull carts vs the 3-4 wheel push carts?

I have had it out on the course & it performed very well even on rough terrain. I am currently making a pad/board to help stabilize the backpack a little better plus a base plate for a cooler. With out the cooler it was extremely light & was easy to maneuver rough terrain by simply picking up the handle & driving it on the front wheel alone. Mounting the cooler might hinder this method a little but nothing is perfect.

I have a Clicgear 3.0 that I purchased used for $130, and I like it a lot. I probably wouldn't buy one new as they're pretty expensive, and aren't really intended for disc golf. For the price of a new one you could probably get a dedicated disc golf cart. That said, the Clicgear is well built from what I can tell, and the only part that I have any doubt about is the main folding hinge just below the handle. It has a little more flex than I'd like, but doesn't show any sign of cracking. I'd prefer the part be made of metal, but I'm sure that would only add to the cost. The wheels are great in the mud and grass, and I don't have to worry about them going flat on the course. The front wheel is fixed, and has a locking mechanism which works well for most hills that are less than about 30 degrees. Any more than that and the front wheel can start to slide.

I use mine with the new Voodoo Spinal Tap, and while I haven't modified either bag or cart, they work pretty well together. I tighten up the shoulder straps on the bag, sling it over the top extendable golf bag holder arms on the Clicgear, and then secure the bag's sternum strap around the underside of the cart. The bag is fairly secure that way, but can come loose if you're bouncing over really rough terrain. I've played some tournament rounds in heavy rain and the setup was really nice to have. I don't use the cart every time I play because the courses I frequent just don't need it. However, for long tournament rounds it's great to have!

Eventually I plan to create a horizontal shelf that sits atop the lower golf bag arms on the Clicgear to support the bottom of the bag, and take some load off of the straps. Unfortunately I haven't had the time to do it just yet.

I've included a crappy pic of the setup below, and I'd be happy to take more pictures if you're interested. Just let me know.

DXEA0Cn.jpg

I use mine with the new Voodoo Spinal Tap, and while I haven't modified either bag or cart, they work pretty well together. I tighten up the shoulder straps on the bag, sling it over the top extendable golf bag holder arms on the Clicgear, and then secure the bag's sternum strap around the underside of the cart. The bag is fairly secure that way, but can come loose if you're bouncing over really rough terrain.
When I was looking for more information on the Clicgear I found someones instructions on attaching a bag. Dont know if it will work with your bag or not but in a different post they said that it should work with most. As far as pictures go I ordered one for myself so I will be checking it out in person soon :) If you do get around to modding something for more support on the base I would be interested in seeing it though.

I have 6 or 7 different bags and the Grip attached without any thought. I'll try it with a dual pack tonight but here is my easy explanation. The main advantage of the Clicgear cart is the adjustment nut for the upper portion of the cart. I don't know how you would make it work without it. I bought the cart on a whim without a clue of how to attach a bag. It worked out perfectly.

1. stand behind the cart with it facing away and with the upper ball golf bag attachments open and ready to accept a bag.

2. Put your Grip or DP onto the cart with the shoulder straps over the golf bag attachments.

3. With your right hand wrap the left shoulder strap tightly behind the cart. With your left hand pull the right shoulder strap behind the cart and stretch it over the adjustment nut. It's connected tightly to the cart. (I'm calling the straps by which choulder they would be on if the bag was on your back)

4. Pull the golf cart bungie straps behind the bag and connect them together to insure that the bag doesn't come loose.

For fun I like to knock this contraption over a few times to show how secure it is.

Here is just a trial run & I only had white paint so my final will be black & hopefully either aluminum or plastic. This fits my 2 backpacks(magellan & helix),1 @ a time of course, perfectly without any buckling. It is also very stable even with a cooler large enough for a 12 pack of....Pepsi. I used this for 3 rounds over the weekend on the roughest courses this area has to offer & no problems. It doesn't take up much more space than it did before folded up for traveling & storage.

Attachments

• 20150316_010955.jpg
    20150316_010955.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 169
  • 20150316_011012.jpg
    20150316_011012.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 114
Here is just a trial run & I only had white paint so my final will be black & hopefully either aluminum or plastic. This fits my 2 backpacks(magellan & helix),1 @ a time of course, perfectly without any buckling. It is also very stable even with a cooler large enough for a 12 pack of....Pepsi. I used this for 3 rounds over the weekend on the roughest courses this area has to offer & no problems. It doesn't take up much more space than it did before folded up for traveling & storage.
Looks good man! It has been raining and wet around here so I have not had a chance to get mine out to the course yet. I have a few ideas about attaching something for support but im not sure if I will need to at this point. I am able to attach it securely at the top and secure the bottom with a 10in bungee that comes off each side.

That Sun Mountain cart- i looked it up- $210 new, modified- what do you think it might be worth for a disc golfer in a used state?

Last edited:
That Sun Mountain cart- i looked it up- $210 new, modified- what do you think it might be worth for a disc golfer in a used state?
I really have no idea but I can tell you that the jogging strollers seem to be more popular because, with a little patients, they can be found from $20-$40 on craigslist

I have no idea on value as I got lucky with finding this. My father called me one morning saying he was at a garage sale & the seller had 2 sun mountain 3 wheeled carts for sale & that he could get both for $50. I said grab them. I wish I knew the value as he sold the 1 he had kept for himself for $40 on cl. If I had known the value I would have made another DG cart & sold it. I probably would have tried to get $75 maybe? These are nice carts but the new prices in my opinion are ridiculous. What does anybody else think these would be valued at? Used but fully functional, with a mod of some sort to benefit a DGer...

I found a sun mountain cart on Craigslist for $45- just wondering how much I should sink into it just in case I don't like it, and want to break even.

I finally got mine out for a round yesterday and loved it! My wife has made fun of me relentlessly but after seeing it in action she wants me to keep an eye out for a used one for her. Now she says that I look like a jerk out there pushing my cart around while she is carrying a bag :)

The Bag is very secure but I will need to come up with something to support the bottom because the sag makes the discs squeeze together and hard to remove. The chair is not that comfortable but I will always be able to have it so that will more then make up for the hassle of carrying a stool around. The biggest difference I noticed is much less wear on your arms and shoulders from not having to do all the picking up and setting down every hole or the short trips where you just carry it by the grab strap or throw it over one shoulder. If I just made more birdies I guess it would not be as big of an issue but that is just not an option :(

A nice bonus for me is the screw in attachment point between the handle bar for the umbrella holder will also take a tripod head so I can always have a point to attach a camera so I can start recording my throws and work on my form.

I found a sun mountain cart on Craigslist for $45- just wondering how much I should sink into it just in case I don't like it, and want to break even.
The sun mountain carts bring $75-$125 all day on feebay so $45 would probably be a good deal if it's in good shape & a really good deal if it has some accessories.