• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever drag their foot

Ok so I have been playing for a little over two years. I have played a decent amount of courses and consider myself and advanced beginner:)
I have got a few aces and can RHBH it 330-350ft on average with sometimes further sometimes i shank it as well though.
But I recently noticed I drag my left foot on my drives. I do it so much that there is a hole in my shoe now and a little road rash on my foot in that spot.
That is why I noticed it. Anyone else ever do this?

Ok so I have been playing for a little over two years. I have played a decent amount of courses and consider myself and advanced beginner:)
I have got a few aces and can RHBH it 330-350ft on average with sometimes further sometimes i shank it as well though.
But I recently noticed I drag my left foot on my drives. I do it so much that there is a hole in my shoe now and a little road rash on my foot in that spot.
That is why I noticed it. Anyone else ever do this?

I am left handed and dominant FH thrower and my left shoe toeside is gone. I suggest the Merrells with the big rubber foot padding on the outside.

Anything for a post.

Where exactly is this hole in your shoe? I drag big time on RHFH drives. The side of my shoe around my big toe on the right foot. I haven't noticed any dragging on my RHBH throw.

It is on the inside of my left shoe. Not on my toe but on my..well i dont know how to describe it. I guess where my "foot" meets my big toe if that makes sense to you. and that part of my foot sticks out naturally anyways. Either way I have a decent drive but I need to change that. Because I don't want to run through shoes all the time ya know?

I drag my foot (right foot, LHBH throw) on my follow through. Helps keep me from spinning too much and falling off the teepad. I can already see the wear on my shoes, and I've only been playing a few months.

I drag my foot (right foot, LHBH throw) on my follow through. Helps keep me from spinning too much and falling off the teepad. I can already see the wear on my shoes, and I've only been playing a few months.

I suggest change it quick. I have been through two shoes and like I said I was playing yesterday and actually hurt my foot. So pick that baby up

I haven't noticed do this but I am sure that I do to some extent. I try to keep light on the balls of my feet to avoid it.

Yep, I didn't know I did it either until I saw the wear pattern on the inside of my left shoe!

Yep, I didn't know I did it either until I saw the wear pattern on the inside of my left shoe!

I probably wouldn't notice that way because the shoes I use for DG are so old they have a ton of wear patterns.

All kinds of different techniques can cause a foot drag. As long as you have your drives where you want them, don't try to adjust your form to fix a foot drag. If you are throwing that far, then you are doing something right. I suggest paying for some good quality shoes. Something with lots of rubber that wraps around the sides of the shoe/boot. I have had good luck with quality hiking boots/shoes. I have the Oboz boot, has lots of rubber that wraps around the sides, so they are ready for the wear I put on them. Look under shoes in the equipemtn section for more info on what others have good luck with.

Yup, once I added a runup to my FH. The shoes I had been playing in for months were done within a week. Luckily I have the same problem in other sports, particularly tennis, so I have other shoes with reinforced toes. Tennis shoes and some basketball shoes are good for this. Cross trainers suck.

I'm starting to. I played a little tennis years ago and this dragging of the left foot was considered good form! Means you are transferring your weight on your backhand. Makes sense here, too. The motion is about the same.

I am predominantly RHBH and there is definitely some wear on the inside front of my left shoe. I try to be conscious of not dragging my left because that impedes a clean release on drives. I still do it from time to time though. I think most of my wear is from the initial push-off and weight transfer on my X-Step.

hahaha I just looked at the two pairs of shoes I take the most n I def drag my left foot when chuckin'

cant believe I've never noticed when playing in sandals and/or barefoot during some rounds

... I try to be conscious of not dragging my left because that impedes a clean release on drives. I still do it from time to time though. I think most of my wear is from the initial push-off and weight transfer on my X-Step.

I agree. I've really tried to break myself of this habit even though I still do it on shorter drives and on wet or sandy tee boxes. I really try to lift that push-off foot to maximize the hit speed like you can see in Master Beato's driving vid.

I drag my right foot (LHBH) as I start my run up...
step with front (left) foot, drag the right, step front, right foot Xes behind.

I drag more on the bottom than the toe though, right under the ball of the foot

Latest posts