• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever get whacked by a disc?

and then another time... haha. i was playing at my home course leagues. we are all good friends that play in the weekly league and the group ahead of my card was watching me drive on the 2nd hole and its a lil downhill. i throw my shot and it goes right for them. me and my card didnt say 4 cuz they all were watching me throw. my drive ends up hitting my friends girl friend in the thigh (i flicked a firebird and it was movin pretty fast, it woulda went deep if it didnt hit her) it hit her in the tight and bounced right at the backet. it so happens that we had a 14 dollar ctp on that hole and i got the CTP! the girl had a huge ugly looking bruise on her leg for about a week and a half

I was playing @ Bryant Lake on hole 17.

A group of 1-disc wonders had lost their discs in the tall grass to the left of the fairway and wave us on. As I approach my drive I get hit in the back of the head by one of the guys that waved us on. They never mentioned that they were going to throw in on us as we passed their group, never called out a warning after he threw. I turned around and put my hands up like, "WTF?" and told him to warn people when they are throwing in. The guy basically ignored me and was smiling / joking with the other guys in his group.

Then at the next tee he's talking to his buddy behind us while we are throwing and he's like, "That would have been a sweet throw if that guy wasn't in the way. Just my luck."

My brother hit a kid in the ankle...

My brother was like "Should I wait? Yell at him to move? Yell fore?" I screamed at the kid told him to move cause he was in the creek in between the teepad and basket. He took notice of the situation, kept playing in the water.... Screamed again and he walked up the river some, getting in the way more than he was. I told my brother to put the shot high just clear the creek and lay up. Of course he does exactly the opposite due to pressure of placing the shot where he needs to, skips it into the back of the kids ankle :/ I felt terrible. He went to check on the kid, I picked up the discs, we walked over to his mom and apologized and what not.

My dad hit me over my right eye with a star gator luckily it wasn't to bad.

A few Christmases ago I got my dad two discs for a gift so we went out to Winton Woods that morning so he could try them out. There was a guy from the Cincinnati Enquirer there and asked us if he could snap a pic or two for the paper. He gets out about 50 feet from the tee pad and I proceed to hit him right in the chest with my disc. I felt so bad and apologized about 100 times but needless to say I didn't make the paper but my dad did.

I hit a small child it its mom's arm with my CE Valkyrie, 2nd run...ridiculously sharp edge....thrown as hard as could (around a turn to the right) would have been a great toss if they wouldn't have been in the way. One of the loudest screams i've heard....caught the kid right in their upper arm. They were probably 100' away, so my 400'+ toss still had plenty of power on it when it hit them.....still remember that like it was yesterday, and it was probably 9 yrs ago?

I lost a favorite disc during a warm up round before a PDGA tournament. At the players meeting some guy walked up and gave me my disc he had found.

During the first round of that tournament I hit a tree about 60' off the tee. It shot left about 100' and hit the guy who found my disc in the back of the head.

What a way to say thanks. :doh:

Recently - my buddy was teeing off on a blind hole, #14 at Johnson Rd park in Germantown, TN (no pic, guess I need to go back out there with my camera). It is a blind dogleg right, so the group usually stands directly to the left of the teebox (which consequently puts you closer to #13's fairway).

He has a killer drive, high swooping anny, it looks like it is on the perfect line and yea, it is definitely heading for the chains. I 'feel' something in my peripheral.. his disc hits dead center chains, ACE!!!! at the exact same moment, my buddy gets drilled in the stomach with a Champ Beast from the tee on #13.

Crazy

Yesterday at our Bag Tag Challenge, I decided to throw my 3s wizard for the ace pool throw off. The pin was about 150 ft out. I threw a slight hyzer. As I did, our club president's 5 year old son decided to run passed the basket. I yelled several times "hey kid watch out". He was not listening or was in his own 5 yearold dream world. Pegged the kid right in the ribs. The kid shrugged it off and ran away. Funniest thing that I have seen yet in disc golf. As I was walking to say sorry to the dad and kid, one of the members gave me a buck because he couldn't stop laughing.

I feel bad.... but I don't.

my friend got nailed from a few feet away by another friend at waterworks in KC. i heard it and thought my friend had just hit a tree. then i see my other friend on the ground.

don't ask.

560286_4108675629757_736984831_n.jpg

I got hit in the back of the head at hole 1 of Hawk Hollow and it gave me a concussion. A few years later, I had a serious heat stroke at the course.

I still hold the course record for near death experiences at 2.

I've been whacked several times. Caught an old ROC, from about 100 ft., right in the midde of my chest. With my head turned. Never saw it coming. Ouch! Been dinged a couple other times; arms and legs, even in the head. No blood to date. They ALL hurt. My 11 yr old son caught one under his eye from about 150 ft. 'cause some d.b. couldn't ask him to move, or yell fore, until the disc was bearing down on him like a laser beam. :wall: Took 6 stiches to close. The kid never cried! Bravest thing I've ever seen. :hfive:

Hit a friend in the arm who wouldn't move out of my way. That was a day after I walked behind a basket and he hit me in the eye hole with his putter. Revenge. The other day I almost hit a family who were loitering around in the middle of a fairway for 10+ minutes taking pictures and generally being morons. We finally just yelled fore and threw our drives. My buddies was nowhere close but I threw a champ teebird right at them and it faded out in between three of them barely missing them all. I would've felt a little bad if I had hit one of the kids but that maybe would've taught one family that a park is a shared place and your fifth roll of family pictures in one spot might be excessive when others are waiting to enjoy the park amenities also.

There was this disc golfer who got mixed up in drugs and other bad things. He was thrown out of his house and began to live in the sewer pipe at the course. Things started to disappear and one day a fight broke out with a player. He was whacked upside the head a few times with an XClone. He folded like a cheap lawn chair.

Brought a group of brand new players out to introduce them to the game. My brother in law, hyperactive johnny cotton socks, was amongst them. All my buddies have played games and sports and had a pretty good grip on etiquette. Not Johnny Cotton Socks, he kept throwing and running up to his disc in front of all the rest of the group. Dozen or so warnings later, he was called in play. Ended up catching a Challenger between the eyes at the basket. Not too hard, left a small gash. His work ID picture still bears the mark to the great enjoyment of many of us today. Did he learn, no new tricks for this dog, still have to yell at him to wait.

I just discovered dg and was out play my first round. My lil cousin was tagging along and wanted to give it a try. I was standing off to the side of him, he throws, and nails me right in the cheek bone. It hurt like hell. Made a bruse and lucky no blood was drawn. It hurt for a few days.

Took a shinner by a buddy's flick, 175 Katana right to the front of my shin.. Had a bump for about a week.

Hole 1 at Schenley in Pittsburgh always has people around it, laying out, enjoying the view, metal detecting, etc. Well there is a sign that says something along the lines of "Beware of flying discs" and next to that sign, is a shirtless guy in his 50s in a lawn chair. We yell at him from the tee, people past him are looking at us and so we know he can hear us but he blatantly just ignores us. So we said F it, and I throw first, he sees it but doesn't look at us (parked it too). My buddy throws low and we yell Fore! and Heads up! and it hits the ground behind the guy, skips under the chair and hits the back of his calf. Dude gets up and acts like he's going to fight us because he's waving his arms (silently, it was weird) and then he just turns around, grabs his lawn chair and storms 50 feet to another spot further from the hole. We found it funny as hell lol. The only other living thing I've seen hit was when I tagged a squirrel's tail at the same course, wasn't a hard throw and the squirrel was ok :thmbup:

I've shared this story before, so here's the short version.

I once had a disc bounce off of the top of my head. I was bending down to tie my shoes and as I stood up it bounced off of my head. I didn't get hurt, thankfully.

i have had several come close to enough to shave me but have yet to get hit or hit anyone else for that matter.. saw a buddy get hit in the head with a star teerex on a spike hyzer.. dude went to a knee in a hurry.. didnt get a fore or anything :/

This thread has to already exist, because I know I've told the story of hitting a dude in the back of the head at Pier in Oregon at least twice. I'm not telling it a third time. Take the info I just told you and fill in the blanks yourself. If you add in zombies and a nuclear apocalypse it will make the story that much more interesting.

I haven't been hit yet, but I've had a Wraith whiz by my head before.