• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone ever lost their fav dye?

Bacon

Birdie Member
Honestly dont know how i did it. Wasnt on a throw but somehow i lost my favorite dye. Was a orange firebird dyed so that the only orange that would show was in the shape of fire like segments that made up a phoenix. Im pretty sad that its gone but it was only my 3rd dye so ill just buy a new firebird and redo it when im better.

Yeah, I left behind a firebird with a Metalman dye on it (from Megaman 2).

Still kicking myself for that one.

lost my first dyed disc, glow buzzz

was right after a heavy rain and our local disc eating creek was about 15 feet deep, the color of chocolate pudding and moving fast

I said a silent prayer and moved on.

I've lost a few of my favorite dyes...

Most recently, this Leopard, tragically left behind at Pier Park on my latest road trip... This one's really my fault because I'm pretty sure I just absentmindedly left it laying somewhere on the fairway. :doh:
picture.php

Then there's this Wraith which kicked off of a tree and ended up in the mucky pond at Lake Fenwick.
picture.php

Another Wraith that straight up disappeared from the fairway (summer 13) at White River. I saw exactly where it landed, but when I got there it was nowhere to be seen. :confused:
picture.php

I'm pretty sure the Wraiths are complete goners, as my contact info on these discs has changed... But I'm still holding onto a glimmer of hope that I might, perhaps one day, get a call back on the Leopard.

I lost this one on my very first round playing with it. Its a putter of all things. It was maybe a 125' throw and I spent an hour searching for it.
422544_10151403751505545_828290544_22970771_1462095001_n.jpg

Put a few nice dyes in the drink at Flyboy last week, and I lost a couple at Chattooga Belle, in the wide openness…

My favorite dye I ever did sits in the bottom of luther britt lake. A beast with a Quagmire "18 holes Gigitty Gigitty!!!" dye. Best dye I ever did.

This one bounced off tree and flew 20 ft sideways into the bottom of lake ontario on the Toronto Island. If it wasn't mid winter i woulda jumped in after it. Was such a sad day
DrSwiss640.JPG

lat%2520vision%2520gl.jpg

This GL Vision is hiding on the left side of the fairway on hole 15 at Pickard Park, Indianola (south of Des Moines). Just couldn't find it.

zbuzzz.jpg

one of my first dyes. z buzzz. #15 Mt. Airy off to the right in the heavy stuff. was already late for work after 30 mins of searching. still can't believe no one returned it...

Lost these 2 in the same round. Both forehand Wraiths.
CIMG8089.jpg
[/IMG]
CIMG8381.jpg
[/IMG]:wall:

All these stories of loss make me feel better about my own. Knowing people have felt the same and all :p Luckily i found a friend who was willing to trade a disc that was basically my discs twin pre-dye. Old slightly floppy topped orange with yellow streaks star firebird even the same weight 167g

picture.php

Was in the bag less than a week, then I ended up throwing it into a small little creek at a tourney this weekend. I completely f-ed up the rest of my round. Super pissed.:mad::thmbdown::wall::sick:

Lost my star roadrunner in a creek at channahon, il.

picture.php

And at lemon lake lost White ion, still was thinking about what to dye on that one, lost on the first round with it.

I lost my avengerSS in a lake at Yucaipa the other weekend. It had my "clubs" logo on it.:wall:
"CGDG" written in the CBGB font. I would post a pic but the only one I have is HUUUUGE!!!! So...