• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Anyone get made fun of at the office?

Most of the losers that would make fun of you are home watching trash like American Idol, Survivor and those lame dancing shows. So just laugh it off, and realize that you don't play so others will like or respect you, you play because you want to. In short, F 'em!!

nuff said, well done....

I cant ever get any of my black friends to go play , they always say "we dont do dat" like they will lose their race card if they are seen at the course. Then my mexican friends always lie and either say they play there all the time and im the best when i tell them where i play or they look at my discs and ask me about them,and say they wanna go sometime then they never do.

what is this black man you speak of playing disc golf????

I don't get made fun of but I have to explain the things on my cubicle. I've gotten into the bad habit of saying "frisbee golf" just so I don't have to repeat myself.

Most of the losers that would make fun of you are home watching trash like American Idol, Survivor and those lame dancing shows. So just laugh it off, and realize that you don't play so others will like or respect you, you play because you want to. In short, F 'em!!
That's true. There's a few people that think it's stupid because I don't run out and see every piece of crap movie that hollywood craps out.

i work at the cube farm, and the only negative comments i hear are occasional cracks about my "man purse" that i carry with all my discs in it. (i have the innova competition bag). i've gotten several people to play, and some of the play on a regular basis. the number has dwindled a bit, but still have a few dedicated players at work.

It's just one more sport I do that make the people at work look at me like I have 2 heads.....downhill mountain biking, ski racing, disc golfing....they all just expect me to come in bruised and battered every Monday. They'd think it was strange if I was 20-something, but at 40-something, they just figure I'm already around the bend. :p

One of the guys i work with has been playing for 20 years and is extremely good and usualy wins the tournaments around here. he has taught me alot. I didnt know he played untill i had worked with him for almost a year and noticed one day that he was wearing a discraft polo shirt, lol.

what is this black man you speak of playing disc golf????

Most racially diverse group in Disc Golf, we get called that jokingly all the time. Virginia Disc Golf Club (right here at DGCourse review) Meet on Thursdays and Saturdays. The main three amigos, one white, one black, one latino. There may be other groups like us but we haven't seen them around here yet, LOL.

Now that everyone I work with knows that I play, I always get questions on Monday about whether or not I played over the weekend and how my round went.

None of them golf themselves but for some reason are really interested in how my rounds go. They will also catch me looking at course photos on DGCR and ask what I'm looking at and "ooh" and "ahh" at how cool the courses look.

Even my boss is asking me explicitly how my disc golf is going (which he did today). Its like I'm training for the Olympics or something.

Some people ask alot of questions about it and show interest then also say no thanks when you invite them out. I just keep saying I was the same way and one day I tried it and was instanly hooked. I get a few eye rolls from some and others who are die hard ball golfers. I just tell them I got hooked and I don't even like regular golf at all.

Most racially diverse group in Disc Golf, we get called that jokingly all the time. Virginia Disc Golf Club (right here at DGCourse review) Meet on Thursdays and Saturdays. The main three amigos, one white, one black, one latino. There may be other groups like us but we haven't seen them around here yet, LOL.
I haven't seen much diversity on the course (for whatever reason). right now it does seem to be a sport played primarily by white guys.

At the office I have a framed disc. Any one who trys to make fun of it I kill.

What is this office thing of which you guys speak? Is that that magical place where people earn money? I've only heard of it in legend.

I get that "Huh, what are you smoking" look. Then it becomes "okay if that is what you like" look. Then it is "this guy needs to grow up look". For reference I'm 49.

"What in the hell??!! A goddamm grown man walking through the trees throwin a 'fag frisbee' at some hippie target?! Well I'll be darned, whats next a president with the middle name of Hussein?"
Oh wait...

About 50/50 with me....a lot know I play, and then will ask about it, but there are a few that make fun of me, mostly younger guys that are ball golfers.

I get made fun of all the time. I don't think anyone knows I play DG, though.

Latest posts