• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Anyone got a profile pic of a wasp and a buzzz?

loki993

Eagle Member
First off I don't throw wasps so I don't know if the difference is huge or not. The little profile pic on the DC page makes them look very similar. I have a disc that supposed to be a wasp tooled buzzz, tourney stamped, but it doesn't match up to the buzzz I have, even the 10 years.

does someone have a profile pic of a wasp and a buzzz so I can confirm before I mention something to the seller?

A Wasp is basically a Roc. It has a bead and a little sharper nose

The Buzzz was born out of the Wasp mold. They shaved the bead off of it and renamed it Buzzz. That's why you see "Super Straight Modified Wasp" on the bar stamp. That's also why the earliest runs had Wasp tooling inside the rims instead of Buzzz tooling.

So no bead means Buzzz....I suppose I should post up some pics......the first one they actually look strikingly similar....though the wasp tooled it a lot domier...pardon the mess and the pid cell phone pics...its tough getting it to focus close up...

Next to a 10 year it looks really odd....the wing looks shorter and the edge looks longer...

Heres a pic just by itself...

They look pretty different actually. The wasp is very roc-esque with a distinct bead. What you have is a buzzz that cooled differently so it has a slightly different shape and will have a different flight than an averagely shaped buzzz.

Very interesting and add to the fact that its a wasp tooled buzzz....very interesting....

But its definitely a buzzz then

Yes it is.....Ive only seen one other, a picture actually, of a midnight Z buzzz with a production stamp....was 10 year wasp tooled.....

Nope, because I was curious about that as well before I bought this. So I asked on the official discraft facebook page. I asked if they knew anything about these, production wasp tooled buzzes and I got the "we dont keep track or answer questions about quantities of limited or rare discs". Then I asked well I was really just wondering are these creeping into production and the answer I got was "absolutely not"......

Last edited:
It looks like your Buzzz is a SuperColor Buzzz, correct? When we ordered our SuperColor Buzzzes for this years North Iowa Tour, they had the same Wasp tooling as the 10 Year Buzzzes. (It looks like your's might even be a North Iowa Tour SuperColor.) The shape is definitely different then the other 10 Year Buzzzes though (more domey) I'm guessing because of the different plastic and the SuperColor process.

In case you're still not sure what a Wasp profile looks like exactly, Does this help?

Both are Wasps, btw. Just an old pic I had comparing Raspberry's to old Z's for someone.

It looks like your Buzzz is a SuperColor Buzzz, correct? When we ordered our SuperColor Buzzzes for this years North Iowa Tour, they had the same Wasp tooling as the 10 Year Buzzzes. (It looks like your's might even be a North Iowa Tour SuperColor.) The shape is definitely different then the other 10 Year Buzzzes though (more domey) I'm guessing because of the different plastic and the SuperColor process.

Yes thats exactly what it is a North Iowa Tour buzzz....I have a wasp tooled one and a regular Buzzz tooled one....both ESP

In case you're still not sure what a Wasp profile looks like exactly, Does this help?

Both are Wasps, btw. Just an old pic I had comparing Raspberry's to old Z's for someone.

It does thanks can definitely see the bead....you can even see a height difference like I have with a "regular" 10 year and the ESP "10 year"

Leaves no doubt, I just wanted to make extra sure I wasn't calling it something it wasn't. There can't be many of these out there thats for sure....

Yes thats exactly what it is a North Iowa Tour buzzz....I have a wasp tooled one and a regular Buzzz tooled one....both ESP

Leaves no doubt, I just wanted to make extra sure I wasn't calling it something it wasn't. There can't be many of these out there thats for sure....

You have a Wasp tooled and Buzzz tooled both with this year's NIT design? I never looked at mine until earlier this month when someone mentioned to me that they were Wasp tooled like the 10 Year Buzzzes. We did 100 SuperColor Buzzzes this year. Not sure how many others are out there but I'm guessing not too many.

You have a Wasp tooled and Buzzz tooled both with this year's NIT design? I never looked at mine until earlier this month when someone mentioned to me that they were Wasp tooled like the 10 Year Buzzzes. We did 100 SuperColor Buzzzes this year. Not sure how many others are out there but I'm guessing not too many.

I do...

Wasp tooled is the top one.......

It does thanks can definitely see the bead....you can even see a height difference like I have with a "regular" 10 year and the ESP "10 year"

Yeah- the Raspberry Ti's that were available earlier than other colors have a puddle top and higher PLH than other Ti's / Z Wasps. They are also a lot grippier and more "ESP"ish than any other Ti I have encountered.

Your buzzz anomaly is likely caused by how that blend of plastic set while cooling. (as with almost any PLH differences)

Yeah- the Raspberry Ti's that were available earlier than other colors have a puddle top and higher PLH than other Ti's / Z Wasps. They are also a lot grippier and more "ESP"ish than any other Ti I have encountered.

Your buzzz anomaly is likely caused by how that blend of plastic set while cooling. (as with almost any PLH differences)

Right and add the the fact that the white one is an ESP and the 10 year is Z and that probably is the difference....