• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Potential Scam?

DeanMoriarty

Do Not Disturb
Silver level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
So a month or less back I posted in the Marketplace section for a Quest AT The Wheel disc and didn't have any luck so just kind of forgot about it.

Today I get a PM on here from a freshly made account with 0 posts telling me I missed a person named divisionarmsllc's post about a Wheel that was still available.. not sure if he meant posted on here or somewhere else.. anyways..

How does he know it was still available? Well, because he apparently reached out and asked this supposed seller but of course you know, wasn't interested in buying it himself and instead went out of his way to make a new account on here to inform me that person was selling one and proceeded to give me an email address to contact them.

I reached out to the email address asking if the disc was still available and got a response almost immediately confirming the disc was still available for purchase but didn't elaborate any further or send me any pictures or details.

I asked them for their DGCR username so they could PM me on here with a link to the sale thread that supposedly was posted on here awhile back but they have yet to respond when I've asked for some proof they aren't a random scammer, Same thing goes with the good Samaritan who was kind enough to reach out on the seller's behalf.. still haven't heard back from him in regards to proof that this is legit.

Maybe I'm jumping the gun but something about this does not seem legit. I did mention in my thread I'd be willing to pay a good amount of money for the disc so it would not surprise me if this person wants a lot and will only accept the money via Paypal with no chargeback which is a huge red flag of course.

Anyways, sorry for the long winded thread just figured I'd inform yall that there are definitely sharks lurking about on this website possibly looking to make an easy buck from good people. I'll keep ya'll posted if it ends up being legit but like I said, something about this doesn't seem right and I will report the account to tim if they don't respond to me.

Hell no.

If you agree on $X for sale, and insist on paying X+buyer protection on PayPal, AND they refuse?

Hell no.

Nope. Offer them X and pay G&S. I'm not paying extra to circumvent/violate PP's ToS, especially to a likely scammer.

Nope. Offer them X and pay G&S. I'm not paying extra to circumvent/violate PP's ToS, especially to a likely scammer.

Idk what GS is but I think we're talking about the same thing. I always go friends and family on here but I also have hundreds of iTrader feedback as proof I'm a good seller...I'll offer buyers to pay extra for protection but it's a waste of money on their end.

Hell years ago ManU bought some KC Banshees from me and they got lost in transit (tracking proved it wasn't my fault). Still hooked that Canadian bastard up:D

Lol, I just got scammed then… same deal happened to me and I sent some money for an FD3. Said his username is Skyith and I have two email addresses, just in case mods could look it up.

He knew sleepy scale, plastics, seemed not like a random scam. Maybe disc golf has hit big time and the new scammer market.

Lol, I just got scammed then… same deal happened to me and I sent some money for an FD3. Said his username is Skyith and I have two email addresses, just in case mods could look it up.

He knew sleepy scale, plastics, seemed not like a random scam. Maybe disc golf has hit big time and the new scammer market.

seems like that the 21st century economy. Seems to be as many scammers as people working. In fact, I think there are a lot of people that consider scamming a "side gig"

The guy who supposedly is selling the disc stopped replying soon as I asked for him to PM me on here and the guy who PM'd me on here initially isn't replying either.

Honestly, internet scammers are some of the lowest of the low and I really wish there were more extreme forms of punishment for people like that when they do actually get caught :thmbdown:

By the way, was it this guy?
https://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/member.php?u=107236

This is who PM'd me so I suggest you report his account to tim and tell tim to report the IP address even though the scammer is probably hiding behind a VPN or proxy assuming they have a brain in their head.

Last edited:
I got this Pm this morning from a guy, brand new Account, no posts. Didn't realize it's some kind of BS until is saw your post. I replied back I was already set, but yeah, seems shady AF to me now. This is the message below:

User:fearthehoss75

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default X Comet thrower
You must have missed the post of divisionarmsllc that posted about X Comet thrower for sale some days ago.. I asked about it and he said it's still available with him.. Here's his email [email protected]

Last edited:
I got this Pm this morning from a guy, brand new Account, no posts. Didn't realize it's some kind of BS until is saw your post. I replied back I was already set, but yeah, seems shady AF to me now. This is the message below:

User:fearthehoss75

Niced 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default X Comet thrower
You must have missed the post of divisionarmsllc that posted about X Comet thrower for sale some days ago.. I asked about it and he said it's still available with him.. Here's his email [email protected]

That's the exact PM I got word for word except replace X Comet with The Wheel.

Scammer is so lazy he's gotta PM us with a copy and pasted scripted message :doh:

I will say that I have had a few iffy transactions in marketplace that turned out to be fine. I'm a sucker today tho… out $25.

People go to all this trouble to make dozens of dollars?
Scammers suck.

Idk what GS is but I think we're talking about the same thing. I always go friends and family on here but I also have hundreds of iTrader feedback as proof I'm a good seller...I'll offer buyers to pay extra for protection but it's a waste of money on their end.

Hell years ago ManU bought some KC Banshees from me and they got lost in transit (tracking proved it wasn't my fault). Still hooked that Canadian bastard up:D

G&S = Goods and Services. And it's against PayPal's terms of service for the buyer to cover that cost.

not on here, but a couple years ago i got ripped off on dollar disc auctions. only out 15$. reported the guy, but he disappeared.
i generally trust people & don't buy that often, so i feel it's pretty unlikely it will happen to me again.
scammers suck!

As ejvogie said:

G&S is Goods and Services: PayPal charges a fee as part of the transaction.
F&F is Friends and Family: PayPal doesn't charge a fee as part of the transaction.

G&S, if the buyer isn't happy, didn't get the item or it was damaged...they can get their money back. Might take a while, but PayPal works with them.

F&F, if the buyer isn't happy, tough luck. PayPal says....F&F means you know the person and trusted them so we won't help you out.

Basically, PP charges a fee for G&S since they know they might have to put in work to resolve an issue between buyer and seller. No fee for F&F, but then PP won't assist in resolving any issue.

Scammers want to use F&F because the buyer has no recourse when the transaction goes bad. But that doesn't mean all F&F sellers are scammers.