• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Anyone have any Innova XD info?

Got a couple of XD+ discs, which is in a kinda powdery, sticky Champ plastic. Here's how it compares to the original.

XD+ = yuck!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Maybe, but I owe it to myself to try it out as the late 80s XD was my best disc back then. I always threw forehand and had better control with the XD than any other disc (puppies, P-38s, etc.)

Now I really blow with my forehand, so if this helps me get it back, it's all good.

Looks like the Innova Proshop has DX XDs available. Does anyone know how these compare to the older ones? I love my beat up 90s-early 2000s XDs but haven't thrown newer production ones.

Looks like the Innova Proshop has DX XDs available. Does anyone know how these compare to the older ones? I love my beat up 90s-early 2000s XDs but haven't thrown newer production ones.

i like the pfn flat tops!

I have a stash of older FDs and that didn't stop me from trying a new DM run. You should try a new XD for science.

perhaps, but the main reason i went from the aviar to the xd was the low profile, so the dome sort of defeats this. ;)

The two XD's I threw the most (notice both were impaled and retired):

picture.php

picture.php

One was a late 90's small bead run, the other I got around 2011? Anyway, it's beadless. They flew identical. No difference from one to the other at all.

perhaps, but the main reason i went from the aviar to the xd was the low profile, so the dome sort of defeats this. ;)

Innova seems to like adding massive dome to ruin discs like the XD and the Rhyno. Don't get me started on the Animal.

oops...

I forgot to point this out.

I recently made a bulk purchase which included a beadless used XD. First time I threw it I knew it was what I consider a perfect used XD. This past weekend I looked closer and realized it has no tooling. If I remember correctly that's an original with a bullet stamp. it's hit a few trees from my throws and seems to be holding up real well....so far.

So i just saw they are selling newly made dx xd's on the innova factory seconds site. do you know how these fly compared to the old bullet xd's. i have an old bullet one that i love for understable lines that hold. i have used it for about 20 years off and on (only played intermittently for quite a few years) and it still is great but i wanted to retire it since it is OOP. i bought another almost new of the same old bullet stamp and after a week hit fist available off the tee and cracked the flight plate right down the middle. rim is still intact though. i was hoping the new xds would fly the same cause i have only found one other disc to fly the same but it doesn't feel at all like my old shallow xd. i have small hands too.
so any experience with the new ones. also i have not tried the plus version but everyone says it isn't the same.

oh sorry. the second one that i got doesn't have the bullet stamp and it does have flight numbers.
i will try to get pictures on here if i can.
i

I ended up picking up a couple cohorts to see if the could replace my nearly 30 year old xd. They are pretty much identical. The d blend has a bit of dome to it, but the r blend is pretty flat. My xd is an early ontario run. The cohorts both say san marino. From my perspective its a straight swap if you like the early iterations of the xd. If you want them flat, maybe just stay away from the d blend.

Do they fly the same as an xd?
they definitely look the same.